PDA

View Full Version : DL during the Fourth of July

lenzs4
03-13-2005, 12:22 PM
I go every year - but never during the summer and never on a Holiday. This year we will be on the cruise the week before the 4th so I decided to stay and visit DL on the 4th of July. I was hoping for a great fireworks and maybe some special somethings - I do not know what but I just started thinking about the fact that they are redoing the fireworks for the 50th anyway and are sprucing the land up already.... Does anybody expect something different for the 4th. Is there a sight that lists what might be happening.
Also, we bought the 50th package that included the Walk in Walts Footsteps tour - how/where/when do I book it? Is it worth doing?

Thanks for any tips, info ect.

MsYumiBr
03-13-2005, 01:39 PM
I go every year - but never during the summer and never on a Holiday. This year we will be on the cruise the week before the 4th so I decided to stay and visit DL on the 4th of July. I was hoping for a great fireworks and maybe some special somethings - I do not know what but I just started thinking about the fact that they are redoing the fireworks for the 50th anyway and are sprucing the land up already.... Does anybody expect something different for the 4th. Is there a sight that lists what might be happening.
Also, we bought the 50th package that included the Walk in Walts Footsteps tour - how/where/when do I book it? Is it worth doing?

Thanks for any tips, info ect.

Expect to see more people in the park than you ever have before! When crowds start clearing a show do not, and I repeat, do not try to get up and leave with them unless you are tall and don't mind being squished. I'm short and start getting a panic attack when I'm stuck in a wave of people like that. We used to go every 4th of July up until about 6 years ago. They never seem to do anything special except maybe give you a flag pin or something. Longer fireworks show. Red white and blue glow sticks. Every year it's different. I think I remember Mickey dressed up as uncle sam, or was it Pluto? Little things like that. No "events" like Holiday Magic or anything. Bring your Tylenol and sunblock.

CrazyTrain
03-14-2005, 11:58 AM
What about just after the 4th? the 5th, 6th, 7th?

sami869
03-14-2005, 01:16 PM
The crowds are SO bad on the 4th. We were there that weekend last year for a convention and has APs so we figured, why not? Yuck. We spent less than an hour in Disneyland. It was terible. We spent most of the day at DCA and watched the fireworks from the field in front of the convention center. Never again. Can you go on the 3rd or the 5th instead?

tlovesdis
03-14-2005, 02:41 PM
I did DL one year on the 4th of July and I WOULD NEVER DO IT AGAIN!!!! It was super packed and hotter than you know what!!!

Disneyfreak
03-14-2005, 02:48 PM
My birthday is on the 4th of July and I go almost every year. It is not as bad as the others are making it out to be. It is crowded but it doesn't bug me all that much. The wait for the rides averages about 45 min that day. This year I am personally skiping it because I want to celebrate on the 17th for Disneyland's true 50th birthday. I suggest if you choose a busy day choose the 17th.

cstephens
03-15-2005, 11:56 AM
July 4th is always crowded, moreso if it's on a Friday or weekend day. It can be a lot of fun, as long as you know what you're expecting. In the past, we've spent the whole day there and hidden in one of hotel lounges for the middle of the day. The last year or two, we've gotten there in the afternoon in time for a movie and then headed into the park for dinner and then to wait for fireworks. I don't believe we ever go on any rides. The fireworks are definitely worth the trouble.

lenzs4
03-16-2005, 08:10 AM
I knew it would be crowed. I do not think it will be a ride day. We do have the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour to do around that time so maybe I will schedule it for the fourth when we can not really ride anything anyway and try to hit the rides on the 3rd. We head home on the 5th - early (what a waste of a good disney day for a long car ride) :crying: