PDA

View Full Version : Got on Buzz today!

ActionMarco
03-13-2005, 12:10 AM
I was able to ride the buzz lightyear ride today and it was amazing!!! I rode the Florida version last year and can say that this one is better. My girlfriend and I were impressed. Great and much needed addition to Tomorrowland. Boy was the parks crowded today! Have a great night everybody.

stitchlvr
03-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Good for you! Wish it was open when we were there. Oh well, I'll have to wait for next time!

Opus1guy
03-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Prior to going to Club 33 for dinner last night, we stopped by Buzz to get FastPasses for after dinner. The time range being issued was just about perfect. All was well.

After dinner we went back to Buzz to use our FastPasses and as we were approaching I knew from the lack of any line that Buzz was down. :(

Cast Member said to come back in about an hour and even though our FastPasses would have expired by then...they would honor them (well...I already knew that routine).

Hour later came back and still no Buzz. This time a Cast Member said that we could use our Buzz FastPass on any other FastPass attraction in either park. Okay gang...let's head over to Soarin'.

Cast Member at Soarin' refuses our Buzz FastPasses. "Nobody has called us about that." I tell my guests to cool their heals in the gift shop and I hustle around the corner to Guest Relations with everyone's Buzz FastPasses. Guest Relations acknowledges that they should have been accepted, apologies and issues us Soarin' FastPasses, and for the inconvenience, gave me a little stack of other hand-issued FastPasses with everything filled in except the date and attraction name left blank to use on any other FastPass attraction in the future. Cool.

Maybe it helps to be in a suit and tie when you go in to complain about something? ;)

Anyway...no Buzz for us last night. :( But I will say that while it was open earlier, I figured out what that attraction tag-line sign "To Infinity And Beyond" refers to: The length of the line!

Marox3
03-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Guest Relations acknowledges that they should have been accepted, apologies and issues us Soarin' FastPasses, and for the inconvenience, gave me a little stack of other hand-issued FastPasses with everything filled in except the date and attraction name left blank to use on any other FastPass attraction in the future. Cool.]

Is it standard policy, in this particular situation, for the CM's to accept FastPasses to other attractions? I've never heard of this - or was this a special situation? Since last October we've been attempting to ride Indy with no success. Our timing sucks; it's always broken down. This happens even when we get FP's. It would be great if they were honored elsewhere.

Opus1guy
03-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Is it standard policy, in this particular situation, for the CM's to accept FastPasses to other attractions? I've never heard of this - or was this a special situation?

It's sort of a standard special situation. ;) I was told they have done this in the past. Apparently when they give up on reopening an attraction, they sometimes put the word out to other FastPass locations to accept that downed attraction's FastPass on that day only.

But if the attraction is expected to be back up and running later, then they don't usually put the word out to accept the downed ride's FastPasses.

Though it is standard policy to allow same-day but time-expired FastPasses to return to the downed attraction later.

For attraction breakdowns, generally guests that were far into the queue or actually on the attraction when it went down, are either given FastPasses to come back, or (very rare these days) Re-Admission Tickets which allow them to come back and re-enter the attraction via the exit.

Next time you have a FastPass and experience a breakdown and they say it won't be back up...ask about options for use of your FastPass, or ask to speak to a Lead or Manager. They may give you the hand-written type on the spot for use on another attraction. City Hall or Guest Relations is another venue to request an attraction pass of some sort for your inconvenience.

But if the attraction is expected to be back up and running later, then they'll just expect you to return with your old FastPass that same day.