PDA

View Full Version : Character Autographs

Pages : [1] 2

Cherene
03-12-2005, 11:14 AM
We will be heading to DL soon and I would like to get some autographs for my dd's scrapbook. I have heard that if you ask for an autograph you get less time with the character. And my dd loves to interact with them and have her photo taken.

Is it worth getting the autographs?

Are they available online somewhere? I don't mind using ones that I didn't actually get :)

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 11:17 AM
We will be heading to DL soon and I would like to get some autographs for my dd's scrapbook. I have heard that if you ask for an autograph you get less time with the character. And my dd loves to interact with them and have her photo taken.

Is it worth getting the autographs?

Are they available online somewhere? I don't mind using ones that I didn't actually get :)

Just interact and when you are thru ask for the autograph. They are more then happy to do this for you. And welcome to mousepad!!!

Cherene
03-12-2005, 12:13 PM
If I were to take something along for them to sign on, what do you suggest? I don't want anything with lines, and I can't find an autograph book. I am trying to save all the extra $ for our trip, so somethin inexpensive is what I am looking for.

bradk
03-12-2005, 12:17 PM
well, i'm sure it's not inexpensive enough, but i think the disney autograph books are a great idea since they also include a spot for a photo on each page so it's a great way to complete the memory.

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=4425

what you will need to have is a pen. a thick sharpie is recommended as some disney folk have extremely large hands and need a marker easy to grip.

Crazy4DL
03-12-2005, 12:22 PM
well, i'm sure it's not inexpensive enough, but i think the disney autograph books are a great idea since they also include a spot for a photo on each page so it's a great way to complete the memory.

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=4425

what you will need to have is a pen. a thick sharpie is recommended as some disney folk have extremely large hands and need a marker easy to grip.
hey thanks for the link bradk - I am going to order some for the grandkids. Those are cute and I like the idea of the pictures along side autographs.

bradk
03-12-2005, 12:24 PM
there are others

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=245

is the page that has them. all of those items are sold in the parks as well.

Crazy4DL
03-12-2005, 12:32 PM
there are others

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=245

is the page that has them. all of those items are sold in the parks as well.

yeah - I saw that. I figured my little guys would maybe not want the princess one but there are cute "boy" ones too and our little princess can have the princess one :) thanks, rrazey

Shinku
03-12-2005, 02:55 PM
If you're really on a budget you might want to stop by your local craft stores and pick up one of those half-sized spiral bound sketch notebooks. That way, there's no lines on the paper and you could get stickers or something and let the kids each customize their own book. Not only is this a cheap option, but it also gives the kids something to work on and look forward to/be proud of creating before you go on your trip.

Cherene
03-12-2005, 03:22 PM
I didn't think of a sketch book! That would probably be the best and it is acid free :) Sorry scrapbooking on the mind.

I don't really need to one from DL as I am making an album of the whole trip and will either use the originals or scan and print them to the size I need them.

Thank you for that idea....now to get to a craft store and find a sharpie :)

Would a fat pen other than a sharpie work?

Emma
03-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Would a fat pen other than a sharpie work?

Yep. Any pen as long as it's fat will do just fine.

nsyncitnd1787
03-12-2005, 08:26 PM

most of the charactors sign making a fist to hold the pin don't they?

Captain Josh
03-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Okay, here's my question. Would they sign a NOT Disney book for autographs?

bradk
03-12-2005, 08:41 PM

even when that's true, they don't necessarily have a strong grip and it's very easy to not be able to hold something like a ballpoint pen with enough dexterity and force to write legibly. if you were to make a loose fist around a normal pen, you'll see what i mean. in any case, it's better to be safe than sorry.

bradk
03-12-2005, 08:42 PM

as long as you aren't thinking about any body parts, i imagine it'd be ok. it's not like mice, dogs and ducks can read anyway (or see that well for that matter)

bandboy1985
03-12-2005, 09:13 PM

don't bring sharpies. you will literally see the character slow down and stop animating to focus on not getting ink all over their hand in trying to get the pen situated within their grip.

the ink doesn't come out of the costumes. large-barreled ballpoints are best- or the scrapbooking pens (those archival ones that come in tons of colors? those work great).

nsyncitnd1787
03-12-2005, 09:40 PM
if i were to bring a sharpe to use as my autograph pen, i'd probably get ink on myself, which is better than getting it on the costumes of course. i'd have all these little black streeks on my hand from trying to get the cap back on... lol... never brought a sharpe, never will for just that reason. i have a problem putting caps on pens or something... lol

Captain Josh
03-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Well if you want another reason to not take a Sharpie...

...my art friends tell me that Sharpie ink isn't very good if you're looking for something to last, like a keepsake. Apparently the chemical make up of Sharpies causes the ink to fade and turn unsightly purple after a few years. Which isn't bad if you're a fan of purple, but for the most part people want black ink to stay black.

bradk
03-12-2005, 09:50 PM
alright, i formally rescind my support for the sharpie.

altho black ink is never a good idea anyway as it's the most easily reproducible for signatures

MyBeast
03-12-2005, 11:50 PM
don't bring sharpies. you will literally see the character slow down and stop animating to focus on not getting ink all over their hand in trying to get the pen situated within their grip.

the ink doesn't come out of the costumes. large-barreled ballpoints are best- or the scrapbooking pens (those archival ones that come in tons of colors? those work great).

What costumes? The characters are real. I don't like getting marker on my hands they don't it on their hands (or paws as the case may be).

Fozzie
03-13-2005, 02:11 AM
As long as the pen is a normal length, it should be okay - although the thick, blue autograph pens they sell at Disney are the easiest for charcters to use.

Just make sure not to use a short pen - somewhere, they sell pens that are about three inches tall, and it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a nice autograph.

Oh, also make sure your autograph book has a hard cover. If the book is flimsy or really tiny, it's hard for the characters to handle.

:)

GeminiAngel
03-13-2005, 05:25 AM
If I were to take something along for them to sign on, what do you suggest? I don't want anything with lines, and I can't find an autograph book. I am trying to save all the extra $ for our trip, so somethin inexpensive is what I am looking for.
I went to wal-mart and bought a white tee shirt and a sharpie laundry marker on my trip 2 years ago. its so cool, I have an autographed t-shirt that I still wear once in awhile.

Earkid
03-13-2005, 07:20 AM
altho black ink is never a good idea anyway as it's the most easily reproducible for signaturesI know, I just hate it when I see a forged "Ariel" signature. ;)

stitchlvr
03-13-2005, 07:43 AM

The first time we did autographs I wanted them for scrapbooking as well so I made a book out of acid free paper and brought a black scrapbooking pen (not a sharpie). I knew I was going to be cutting the book up anyway so it wasn't fancy, but we did not have any difficulty getting them to sign. Now we just get the $5-$6 Disney autograph book (without the picture slots) & I photocopy them. When my daughter got older, she really got upset with her book being cut up.

julia
03-13-2005, 05:11 PM
If you go to a Character Breakfast, you might try to get into a "conversation" with the characters. At WDW, we got Chip n' Dale in a contest between each other - who is more handsome? Who is cute? Who is the most handsome? Chip and Dale got so animated and involved in the discussion, they went and got pens and paper and started writing notes to us to convince us of their case. It was such a fun interaction and we got some extra special goodies for my scrapbook. It was a GREAT way to start my Disney day....

Best Regards,
Julia
http://www.fine-journeys.com
jelzie@andavotravel.com

nsyncitnd1787
03-13-2005, 08:17 PM
If you go to a Character Breakfast, you might try to get into a "conversation" with the characters. At WDW, we got Chip n' Dale in a contest between each other - who is more handsome? Who is cute? Who is the most handsome? Chip and Dale got so animated and involved in the discussion, they went and got pens and paper and started writing notes to us to convince us of their case. It was such a fun interaction and we got some extra special goodies for my scrapbook. It was a GREAT way to start my Disney day....

Best Regards,
Julia
http://www.fine-journeys.com
jelzie@andavotravel.com

that's awosome. i love Chip and Dale. they are soo cool. they are my fav. charactors to meet. i always seem to play tag/ peek-a-boo w/ them in Mickey's house in Disneyland. it's sooo cute!!