PDA

View Full Version : DCA Grizzly River Run questions

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 09:55 AM
will I get pretty soaked? and where do I get a water poncho so if I do I can be prepared? I want to do this ride but am worried my hair and all will be soaked. Tell me more please !

Stupid_American
03-12-2005, 09:58 AM
will I get pretty soaked? and where do I get a water poncho so if I do I can be prepared? I want to do this ride but am worried my hair and all will be soaked. Tell me more please !'\

Although I have seen some people barely touched, there's a good chance you'll get sustancially wet.

You can pick up a poncho, at the outfitters, next to the ride.
You could also bring a large trashbag from home.

ftroop6
03-12-2005, 09:59 AM
We always get VERY soaked on this ride. Although my family always jokes that if you ride with me in the vehicle your chances of getting really drenched greatly increases. I seem to really attract water. As far as the ponchos, they are available in the store right in front of the ride.
Have fun!!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 10:00 AM
I better look in to getting a poncho, this is on my list to do's thanks

sjcivilady
03-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Pick up a 97 cent poncho from walmart - in the camping section. I also found some at DollarTree for 2/$1. They are disposable - the disney ones are heavy and a pain to carry around. Be sure to have your hood up when you get to the part where the big geyser shoots up (you can watch it from different viewing areas). I didn't and we got a huge splash that went right down my neck - it was winter time, so I didn't dry out for a long time. This is a very fun ride and you don't want to miss it.

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 10:08 AM
great tips!! I will go to Walmart tomorrow and get one, maybe 2 for who ever meets me :)

Disney Vault
03-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Is it that time of the year when they make you get even wetter? A CM was telling us when we were there how when it gets how out they add little effects that will make you get wetter such as the "leaky pipes" as you go up the lift.

BillsGirl
03-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I saw a Disneyland special on the Disconvery HDTV channel and they said that they have a switch for winter & summer. When the weather is warm they flip up the switch and you get much wetter!!

MrsG
03-12-2005, 11:06 AM
I only go on it during the heat of summer and, honey, you will get soaked!

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 11:11 AM
ok, so if I wear a poncho and cover my head will I be ok? I hate to have to walk the park soaked. maybe I better make this the last ride of the night, but man it will be cold walking all the way to my motel wet :(

Disney Vault
03-12-2005, 12:00 PM
ok, so if I wear a poncho and cover my head will I be ok? I hate to have to walk the park soaked. maybe I better make this the last ride of the night, but man it will be cold walking all the way to my motel wet :(
I love to go on it at least 3 times in a row because you are already wet so you might as well get the wetest you can get and have a ton of fun. Just remember to keep your feet up because that is the worst thing. To have to walk around in squishy wet shoes.

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 12:02 PM
I am packing thongs for the wet rides :) I got them in my suicase right now, acually my suitcase is already packed LOL! Ok, so I will go on it more then once I might as well there is not to much in DCa, I want to do TOT many times :) and soaring a few times as well. Oh and I love its tough to be a bug!!

Disney Vault
03-12-2005, 12:06 PM
You are already packed!?! Are you sure your countdown is set right? 19 days before your trip and you are packed, wow. I always wait until the day before. Maybe thats just because I am in high school and now always wait until the last minute to do anything :p .

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 12:08 PM
I am always early and have to have things done way ahead of time. I am a fanatic I guess you could say LOL! I do not want to miss anything so each time I see something some one mentions I put it in with my stuff :)

Susan L
03-12-2005, 01:22 PM
We have been on this ride and did not get wet at all, and then we have been on this ride and have gotten completely drenched.

Don't worry about packing to early, I find that when I pack early I don't forget all those little details that you really need for your trip. Plus packing is part of the fun.

Marox3
03-12-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm looking at the ride - right now. There's an 80 minute wait. Our room is right in front of the ride.

We finished doing early check-in at the Picnic and taking a rest before heading out again. The fog layer has finally cleared and the line for the ride jumped dramatically. We've done this ride many, many times and basically always came out wet. If you're concern about getting wet, definitely go to WalMart for the ponchos - we are doing that for our Florida trip. But here, we always run back to the room and change. And, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but we always bring an extra set of shoes - flipflops or water shoes. It makes the rest of your today more confortable being able to walk in dry shoes.

Plus, there are a set of lockers located right next to the ride. Have a great time - the ride is a blast! :cool:

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh Marox, you lucky duck!! How was the picnic today? tell me more about what went on how your day was and well everything ok!!

and abut grizzly, I will definatly bring sandles in my pack just for that ride!

leota's necklace
03-12-2005, 06:42 PM
and abut grizzly, I will definatly bring sandles in my pack just for that ride!

Instead of a poncho (no guarantees it will keep you dry, you know), you might want to consider bringing a change of clothes and leaving it in the free lockers just outside the GRR.

Whenever I go, I rent a locker at Disneyland, and also bring a change of clothes with me into DCA, which I leave in the free lockers (you do have a time limit on those). I go ride GRR first thing, as many times as I can (wearing my waterproof rubber hiking sandals, of course), then get my change of clothes, change in one of the restrooms, wrap the wet clothes in a plastic bag, and drop them in my DL locker for safekeeping for the rest of the day. Just remember to hang them out when you get back to your room so they don't get musty. :)

Yeah, my hair is wet, but people know why: I was having fun!

Emma
03-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Karla, make sure you wear "waterproof" shoes, like flip flops or sandals, because if you wear regular tennis shoes, they can get drenched, and it's pretty uncomfortable. :rolleyes:

P.S. This is one of the rides I usually send DH on alone with Annabelle. I hate getting wet, and I don't find the ride particularly thrilling or exciting, but they both love it.

Leap for Joy
03-12-2005, 07:28 PM
We usually do this ride several times in a row (be sure to get a fastpass for the next time before you get on each time). Then, we go back to the motel for a change of clothes and our afternoon nap.

You're going to love this ride!!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-12-2005, 07:51 PM
We got pretty wet when we went last month, I was surprised that so many of the elements were turned "on" we had ridden before in the winter and walked off the ride dry. I think if the sun is shining and its even slightly warm, you will get wet, but its so much fun, it's totally worth it!!!!!!!!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 07:58 PM
ok, I plan on wearing rubber ha ha ha , I am serious, I will be covered from head to toe with rain gear :)

Marox3
03-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Oh Marox, you lucky duck!! How was the picnic today? tell me more about what went on how your day was and well everything ok!!

So far, everything has been great. But I need to blame Renta for keeping me up late last night!!! (hahahahaha) What a hoot! Holy Cow!

Anyway, we met Coaster and family, Darkbeer and Doggema (sp?-sorry if it's wrong), Renta, Christi, Disney Jones and DD's, Capitan Josh and Crazy Train with her friends/team mates. Everyone was wonderful; giving us a great warm reception. I didn't have any initial expectations on our meeting, everyone was very friendly and nice. Coaster and family gave us cute goodie bags which was a very much appreciated.

Also, I'm not much of a phototaker; I did take some pictures, I just don't know how to load them up to show. And, another big problem is I don't know who these people are. Maybe I should post the pictures and have other padders identify themselves....LOL

We didn't stay too long at the picnic. We registered, took our pictures, play a little game, talked briefly to Renta (who called me a suck up because I had more stuff than she had!) and went back to the room and I took a long bubble bath. I took pictures of the area and people that were there, which also included non-MP'ers. Shoshana was there in the team picture area and I answered the question she posted correctly (won a prize-yeah!).

We just finished dinner and may go back. It looks like my son may be coming down with a cold. So, I need to keep my boy (and teammate) healthy. Besides, it was a little crowded today.

Other, non-MA stuff. We saw Aladdin today. What a great show. Try and arrange to get tickets. We've been at DCA/DL so many times, and never went to this show. We had fun. We rode Buzz (it was really fun - shooting gallery type ride) and a few others. We kept the day/evening light, resting up and being prepared for tomorrow. We did have time (a lot of time) to do our 3rd favorite thing - shopping! Again, spent too much money.

I'll try to write more tomorrow, after the event. Hope to meet more padders. See Ya! (sorry for the long post).

nsyncitnd1787
03-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Maybe thats just because I am in high school and now always wait until the last minute to do anything :p .

that's exactly how i am.. except when it comes to packing for Disneyland!

btw, you should probably try to outgrow it before graduating... i know i need to! only 50 more days of school!! better stop procrastinating now or i may never make it in college...

Disney Vault
03-12-2005, 10:57 PM
btw, you should probably try to outgrow it before graduating... i know i need to! only 50 more days of school!! better stop procrastinating now or i may never make it in college...
Oh I know :D . Things will deffinitly need to change for college. High school just seems so pointless after already getting into a college.