PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Menu Items

bassett1976
03-12-2005, 07:58 AM
My wife and I visited DL last night. Got to ride on Buzz twice!!!

For dinner we visited Carnation Cafe. During our dinner we heard the staff yell out that someone ordered a Matterhorn Sundae. We both looked over the dessert menu and could not find the Matterhorn Sundae on the list. After asking the waitress about it, we were told that the manager picks two families (must have kids with you) to partake in the Sundae every day. This is something that is arranged when you arrive.

So, has anyone else heard of hidden menu items at any of the other restaurants at the DLR?

bradk
03-12-2005, 08:26 AM
someone ordered a Matterhorn Sundae...manager picks two families (must have kids with you)

(sigh) guess i won't be able to use the old 'waiter, there's a fly climbing my sundae' then

CrazyTrain
03-12-2005, 09:02 AM
That sounds like fun! Do you know what was on the sundae?

This isn't a hidden menu item like that, but at HP last night, there wasn't any dessert on the menu, so I asked and they had about 5 to choose from. Yummy. It never hurts to ask for dessert! ;)

bassett1976
03-12-2005, 10:36 AM
It was a huge pile of vanilla ice cream with whipped cream. Might have had other things with it but it was on the other side of the place so we couldn't see too well.