PDA

View Full Version : 3-day parkhopper comes with ESPN Zone something

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 06:47 AM
I went and purchased the 3 day parkhopper this morning, Thank goodness as I just beat the free shipping for it. I guess it says it comes with a free ESPN something or other, what is it used for and is it a ticket or card or what?
is it for arcades or something? ok, so can I pass this on to a kid there in the park if I do not use it? I am not into arcades or such so maybe some one else can use it.

sdfilmcritic
03-12-2005, 06:50 AM
ESPN Zone has an arcade upstairs. To play the games you got to get a debit card and fill it with point values. Each game unit has a card reader that will deduct points from the card for every game play.

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 06:52 AM
ok, I will difinatly give that away, sounds to young for me. thanks SD

lisap
03-12-2005, 06:53 AM
They often give a card for $10 worth of games at the ESPN Zone Sports Arena in Downtown Disney when they sell multi-day tickets or packages. Those cards (if that's what you got) can be used to play the arcade style games (with sports themes) that are at the ESPN Zone Restaurant, upstairs.

Shinku
03-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Why would you throw away $10, Karla? Just go upstairs and check it out, you might find something interesting. Heck, worse comes to worse you could school some little punk at air hockey ;)

JSKoehler
03-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Our parkhopper have the $10 ESPNZone credit . . . is the credit actaully encoded on the card or do we present it at ESPNZone and get a separate card for the games?

Earkid
03-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Our parkhopper have the $10 ESPNZone credit . . . is the credit actaully encoded on the card or do we present it at ESPNZone and get a separate card for the games?Take the voucher to the 2nd floor and present it to the cashiers. They will load $10 on a game card for you. Then you use the game card to play.

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 01:27 PM
I gave it to coaster chickie, this morning in email. So when when it arrives I will send it to her, I am sure as much as she goes to the park her son or daughters will use it.

SarahJanet
03-12-2005, 02:13 PM
It's not a separate card. There's a note on your parkhopper that says $10 ESPN zone, but you have to take the parkhopper itself to the ESPN zone to get the $10 card.

timl33
03-12-2005, 02:40 PM
ok, I will difinatly give that away, sounds to young for me. thanks SD

If you enjoy arcade games, it's not too young for you. If you have kids that you're with, it won't be too young for them. You can race cars, race horses, shoot hoops, kick a soccer ball, throw a football and climb a rock wall among other things.

Of course, if you're not a sports fan at all, it's not for you :(

kijay
03-12-2005, 03:51 PM
My DW hates games, so I got to play her card as well as mine :p (I am never to young for a good arcade lol). They also have a nice bar up there that my wife enjoyed very much while me and the kids played for a couple of hours (Of course we added to our cards, couldn't pass up all those games). All we did was show our park tickets to the staff there and they gave us a separate card (which also made nice souvenirs themselves). Go and let the kids have some fun. :p

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 03:52 PM
I am not bringing kids, just me and me alone. I only have enough time for the park and thats real short as it is. I have promised coaster the ticket or what ever it is. thanks

Crazy4DL
03-12-2005, 04:17 PM
I am not bringing kids, just me and me alone. I only have enough time for the park and thats real short as it is. I have promised coaster the ticket or what ever it is. thanks

I'm with you Hakuna Makarla - if I was there by myself I wouldn't use the ESPN zone money either - if I had extra time I love to sit on Main Street and soak in the atmosphere. I particularly love that part of DL - I like old buildings and it reminds me of a little oldtime town AND it is so pretty and clean - now with all my kids (grown and little) going along I will just give them my $10 ESPN voucher.