PDA

View Full Version : April 19-24th How busy?

purplekisses2000
03-11-2005, 10:50 PM
My family of 6 are going to be arriving at Disneyland for 3 days on April 19, 21, adn 22 (Tuesday, Thursday and Friday). I am hoping Spring Break crowds have left and the park will be fairly mild. What do you think? I have purchased Ridemax and will use it if necessary but would prefer a little less structure. :p

sediment
03-11-2005, 11:11 PM
#9.

purplekisses2000
03-11-2005, 11:16 PM
The last time we were in Disneyland we were there the week prior to President's Day weekend. During the week was okay, but Saturday was really busy. So my question is will it be that busy or less than the Saturday of President's Day weekend? We only get to Disneyland about once every 3 or 4 years. So I really don't know how the crowds are.
:confused:

sediment
03-11-2005, 11:28 PM
I said, #9!!!
The only thing I can think of that might make DCA relatively more crowded than usual (and DL only slightly more so) is a local 2-fer single-park pass promo and a local Costco 4-fer single park pass promo. I think both expire 4/30.
Saturday of President's Day weekend is a major crowd, the busiest day of the month, I bet.

bradk
03-11-2005, 11:36 PM
just to build on #9, traditionally, it's the month surrounding easter which does cover all of april usually, but even though easter is early this year, there's still an anticipation of high crowds all month long.

as far as president's day goes, february is traditionally a slow month (not to mention rainy, which keeps a lot of locals away), so it should be fine, except for weekends which will always be more crowded and especially 3 day weekends.

the way it works is this (and maybe it's deceptively simple). you have to answer two questions: (1) do most children have school? and (2) do most parents have work?

and there's your formula for determining crowd levels. on weekends, the answer to both is no, so weekends are good times for families to visit the parks. as far as during the week, when #1 is no, that's when #2 cashes in on vacation times, leading to huge holiday and summer crowds.

The Mouse Is Back
03-13-2005, 05:22 PM
There's another way to determine crowds - go to Expedia or any other travel websites and look at what rates are available for the time you're planning on being there.

Based on that, crowds will not be as high during the last half of April as the first. That's not factoring in locals, of course, but overall I've experienced that if there aren't any big travel groups/conventions/etc., the crowds are much, much better.

-Allegra-