PDA

View Full Version : There're actually rides I have not heard of!

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Peter pans flight, that one looks cool, and now snow whites scary ,mr toad? Pinocchio's Daring Journey (http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visions/dlr/disneyland/fnt/pinocchio.html) , Fantasyland Theater (http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visions/dlr/disneyland/fnt/fantasylandtheater.html), Alice in Wonderland (http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visions/dlr/disneyland/fnt/alice.html), The Mad Tea Party (http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visions/dlr/disneyland/fnt/madtea.html) Alice in wonderland,man I must have never went to fantasy land I have so much to see!! Are these all rides or shows to?

AnnaBanana
03-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Oh, Karla! You have to go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! Its my favorite in Fantasyland. I was so sad when they took it out of WDW. Peter Pan's Flight is wonderful! Snow White always scared me when I was little...not so bad now though!

Earkid
03-11-2005, 05:31 PM
We had so much fun on our last trip riding those "kiddie" rides over and over and over late one rainy night. Fantasyland was a ghost town and we took advantage of it. There is so much detail to see on those little rides.

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
I just can not believe I missed all this and so much more last time. I was so mixed up with Beau not wanting to be in a que and waiting and crying we just did not get anything done! I am going to get it all in I swear !!!!!

Stupid_American
03-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Be sure to touch the brass apple as you enter Snow White.

http://homepage.mac.com/stupid_american/apple.jpg

MrsG
03-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Karla - I can't believe you didn't at least ride Peter Pan!! :eek: The most popular attraction in Fantasyland! Even when Pirates only has a 5 minute wait, Peter Pan always has at least a half hour wait (unless you get really lucky!) Toad is good too, and Alice. Recently come to appreciate Pinochio more than before. Did you miss Storybookland Canal boats too?

efoxx
03-11-2005, 06:15 PM
BTW unless they renamed something, or put something new in the fantasyland theater has been closed since the redo of fantasyland in the early 80's the building is now the home of Pinocchio.

kbanmen
03-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Karla I will take you on Peter pan.. it is A must SEE,..it is

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 06:24 PM
I went on story book canal ride, but by the time we were off it my boy was crying ( to much stimulation for him) and so we had to beat a hasty retreat back to DCA and fliks etc. Man I missed a lot. I will definatly go to fantasy land first!

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Karla I will take you on Peter pan.. it is A must SEE,..it is

you and I are going on tot to ok, and maybe a big ride like maliboomer? I have never been on the ride like maliboomer. My goodness tot would scare me if I did not already do it. I love tot!!! I guess its the theming and such but that ride and the building is awsome!

I Heart Disneyland!
03-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Great links Karla. I loved watching them and it got me all excited for our trip!!!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Great links Karla. I loved watching them and it got me all excited for our trip!!!!
Thaks hon, I got them from someone here and man I did not know they existed! I am so thrilled now to have more to see and do! I am making my reservation to the blue byou tomorrow for the crisco sanwitch for lunch , or dinner ( not sure yet) I want to be by the water :) This will be my time and so I get to do what I want ( for the first time in my life :rolleyes:

Crazy4DL
03-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Oh Makarla, I am with everyone else - you will love Peter Pan and all the Fantasyland rides. How old are your kids? Fantasyland was my kid's favorite when they were little and now the grandkids absolutely love those rides - and come to think about it my big "kids" still love it too - as do I. My youngest son who is 25 has to go on Dumbo as his very first ride everytime we go. Of course they love the fast, more thrilling rides too but there is something about Fantasyland that is so magical. I am so glad that you will be able to do it all this trip and then the next trip. I can "hear" your excitment in your post :D :D

edited: because I have fat figures and I can't type!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 06:41 PM
my kids are 2,3 and 10 and we went in August. It was terrible as my 4 year old is autistic and did not want to wait in lines and cried thru out the park. I was so harried and the trip was not to good at times. I am going alone now and doing what I want to do. My boys do not know I am going, I will spring this on them ( the boys) a few days before hand :( I am not tellign them I am going there, Just that I am going on a very short trip.

Earkid
03-11-2005, 06:43 PM
This trip is going to be so good for you Karla!! You really deserve it.

Crazy4DL
03-11-2005, 06:45 PM
my kids are 2,3 and 10 and we went in August. It was terrible as my 4 year old is autistic and did not want to wait in lines and cried thru out the park. I was so harried and the trip was not to good at times. I am going alone now and doing what I want to do. My boys do not know I am going, I will spring this on them ( the boys) a few days before hand :( I am not tellign them I am going there, Just that I am going on a very short trip.

Oh wow - I understand. I can see why it would be an overload for the little one. I am so happy you get to take such a wonderful break. Being a mommy (or daddy) is the hardest job in the world - and the most rewarding in my book. Enjoy - only 20 more days!!!!! We (all 16 of us) are going down this August - I know it will be here before I can blink but on the other hand it seems like a long ways off :eek:

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Oh wow - I understand. I can see why it would be an overload for the little one. I am so happy you get to take such a wonderful break. Being a mommy (or daddy) is the hardest job in the world - and the most rewarding in my book. Enjoy - only 20 more days!!!!! We (all 16 of us) are going down this August - I know it will be here before I can blink but on the other hand it seems like a long ways off :eek:

You are going in August, how wonderful!!! we planned our last trip in March last year and we thought it would never come but it did so fast! Then when it was over I was depressed bcause I did not do what I wanted to do there.
by the way I am mom to Rachal and the boys are my grand kids. I am raising them,I adopted beau and will hopefully some day be able to adopt Cyrus!!
( I am a single grandmother :) )

Crazy4DL
03-11-2005, 06:55 PM
You are going in August, how wonderful!!! we planned our last trip in March last year and we thought it would never come but it did so fast! Then when it was over I was depressed bcause I did not do what I wanted to do there.
by the way I am mom to Rachal and the boys are my grand kids. I am raising them,I adopted beau and will hopefully some day be able to adopt Cyrus!!
( I am a single grandmother :) )

Well WOW again - you are amazing, a single grandmother. I adore my grandkids - they are truely my heart but I am so glad I don't need to raise them - my hat is off to you - that takes a lot of energy. You are a special person and grammy and now I hope even more than before that you have the absolute best, most magically time at DL, rrazey

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Thanks hon! yeah raising grand kids were not in my future plans but I am so blessed and they do keep me hoping :) I just got to get away by myself. I need alone time and time to play :)

adriennek
03-11-2005, 07:23 PM
BTW unless they renamed something, or put something new in the fantasyland theater has been closed since the redo of fantasyland in the early 80's the building is now the home of Pinocchio.

I think Fantasyland Theater is the name of the theater where Snow White is playing, back by Small World and the Toontown/Fantasyland train station.

Adrienne

Sheila
03-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I think Fantasyland Theater is the name of the theater where Snow White is playing, back by Small World and the Toontown/Fantasyland train station.

Back in the olden days of yore, I believe the Pinocchio building used to be the Mickey Mouse Revue (so it sort of counts as a theatre). Then I believe the revue went to Tokyo Disneyland. (Where's tod? He knows this stuff too.)

More not-very-useful trivia from moi.... :)

Emma
03-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Oh, Karla! You have to go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! Its my favorite in Fantasyland.!
(gasp!) You are my long lost twin!

I'm off to watch Titanic now! :)

AnnaBanana
03-11-2005, 09:36 PM
(gasp!) You are my long lost twin!

I'm off to watch Titanic now! :)

Emma, I knew you were a quality girl the minute I saw that Jimmy Stewart avatar! :)

efoxx
03-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Back in the olden days of yore, I believe the Pinocchio building used to be the Mickey Mouse Revue (so it sort of counts as a theatre). Then I believe the revue went to Tokyo Disneyland. (Where's tod? He knows this stuff too.)

More not-very-useful trivia from moi.... :)
that was at WDW, the current location of Philharmagic. at Dland prior to the early 80's makeover of fantasyland in the current location of pinocchio was the fantasyland theater. the orginal name for the current fantasyland theater if I understood AdrienneK was vidiopolis.

bradk
03-12-2005, 08:56 AM
yes, the existing fantasyland theatre (where snow white doth play) was at one point that hip night spot, videopolis (which then turned to hosting shows such as dick tracy and pocahontas). i believe it was renamed to fantasyland theatre to 1995. DLP has yet to rename theirs, but videopolis has turned into a theatre there too (keep holding onto the dream).

there was a Mickey Mouse Club theatre which opened in August 1955 and that was renamed to fantasyland theatre in 1964 and closed in 1981. i'm assuming this became videopolis in 1985, but i can't verify this.