PDA

View Full Version : cast member/ guest dating.

sugarhigh
01-01-2002, 04:17 PM
this maybe completely out of left field but does anyone know the policy about cast member/guest dating? i know there are a million people who work at disneyland and they have to date but can they get numbers from guests? like if i walk up to c.m. "bob" at blast in dca can i hand him my phone number and.... does anyone know the policy on that?
sorry if this is stupid but there are some really great guys at dca and....;)

Mad Madam Mim
01-01-2002, 05:26 PM
I don’t know if this helps you… but it can’t be THAT strict if it is a policy… I say this only because I have been asked out by CM’s while they were working at the park.....twice.

Follow your heart… If it’s wrong he will politely say “no thank you I can’t accept this…”

bluepearl
01-01-2002, 09:19 PM
Oh my goodness. I didn't think you were really going to start this thread! :lol: But I give you props for doing it!

Thanks for your input, Madam Mim! Very interesting...

stinkerbell
01-02-2002, 12:01 AM
Hhhhmmmm, bluepearl, this sounds a little like a discussion we've had before....;) I don't know that there's a policy. I've gone out with CM's who've asked and I've not gone out with other's who've asked. It would be great if a CM let us know the scoop. I'm way past the dating stage, having been married for 8 years, but I'm still curious.:)

sugarhigh
01-02-2002, 05:22 AM
blu- i told you i would.

so they can ask people out? hmmm.... my mind is tinkering.

bluepearl
01-02-2002, 09:48 AM
stinkerbell: Yes, quite familiar. ;)

Kim: What are you going to do when a CM confirms or denies some sort of policy? :lol: Also, you know that you can have a bigger avatar here, right?

Hades
01-02-2002, 03:24 PM
I can neither confirm or deny a policy on cast member / guest dating...

I will admit to having dated a few guests in the past. Needless to say, I have not suffered any disciplinary action for my *ahem* love connections!;)

If there is an inter-action between between guest and CM rule, it is more than likely lumped under the "CM's are there to work while the guest play" spiel of the first day of training at the Disney University (Wow! that was such a long time ago for me!).

Maybe some of the more recent CM's will shed some more light on this subject. I do know that the rules for sexual harassment here are VERY SPECIFIC. I recall a former CM that was terminated for making a pass at a less than receptive CM. I don't remember all the details, but there was no doubt about the outcome.

I agree with Mad Madame Mim's approach to love, but while following your heart, don't forget to use your head!

Morrigoon
01-02-2002, 10:34 PM
I think a CM who wanted to hit on a guest would have to be VERY sure that their advances were welcomed. In today's litigious society, one could get themselves into a very precarious situation if they weren't careful. Also, you'd want to be discreet. Even if the person on the receiving end of the attention was okay with it, you might not want to let your managers see it happening.

wonderful
01-02-2002, 11:22 PM
well, when I went through my endless day at Disney U, I distincly remember this coming up... the policy is pretty simple: CMs are not to solicit numbers (or email addresses, etc) from guest at any time... but a guest, being outside of the realm of Disney U say-so, may give such info to any CM at any time. And since, theoretically, ANYONE could be a Disneyland Resort guest at any given time, I don't think a "don't date the guests" policy has or ever will exist.

sugarhigh
01-03-2002, 05:51 AM
so... we can hand a number/email address to say cough andy cough and it'll be okay but we can't get his? hmmm very interesting and they have to be polite and take it.

pearl - i like my mini avatar.so i need on of all the units i have... "grabbed"? :p