PDA

View Full Version : Safety when walking to motels at night?

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 03:27 PM
I will be staying at the ramada in Maingate and I am not quit sure how far down harbor this is so my question is will I be safe at midnight? I do not walk at night so am a bit afraid walking to far at night. Disneyland is open until midnight while I am thereso I though I would get a movie in and play it by ear. I want to see the late fantasmic, and so I will be leaving the parks quit late ( for this old lady any way :) )

kbanmen
03-11-2005, 03:40 PM
I will be staying at the ramada in Maingate and I am not quit sure how far down harbor this is so my question is will I be safe at midnight? I do not walk at night so am a bit afraid walking to far at night. Disneyland is open until midnight while I am thereso I though I would get a movie in and play it by ear. I want to see the late fantasmic, and so I will be leaving the parks quit late ( for this old lady any way :) )

It is safe Karla.. but I can walk you back to the hotel (since I dont start workm until 1 am that night)..no problem for me as I have to kill time anyways.. I usually show up at DCA at 12:30..is that ok????

Mommy2NicknMax
03-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Karla, I've gone twice alone and am doing it again in May. Where you're staying is well lit and there will be lots of people crossing with you. I stay at the BWPPI but walk down to Denny's (which is close to your hotel) and I've never had a problem. I'd say each night I did that it was well after midnight too.

brazen wench
03-11-2005, 04:04 PM
It can't hurt to put a good, old-fashioned whistle on your key ring, just in case. Coach whistles can be found in sporting goods stores, and maybe Walmart, and are only about three bucks. Hey, a gal alone can never be too careful! And today, unlike when I was a kid, they're an unusual sound, so they attract attention.

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 04:17 PM
It is safe Karla.. but I can walk you back to the hotel (since I dont start workm until 1 am that night)..no problem for me as I have to kill time anyways.. I usually show up at DCA at 12:30..is that ok????

COOL! we can walk back and get a bite to eat or something! Sounds great to me! Do you eat before you go to work or while at work? I am anxious to meet you Saturday evening!!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 04:18 PM
It can't hurt to put a good, old-fashioned whistle on your key ring, just in case. Coach whistles can be found in sporting goods stores, and maybe Walmart, and are only about three bucks. Hey, a gal alone can never be too careful! And today, unlike when I was a kid, they're an unusual sound, so they attract attention.

Good idea!! I will go pick one up or just bring my Mace thanks Brazen!!

tod
03-11-2005, 04:49 PM

It's not far, and Harbor Boulevard is filled with tourists until LONG after the parks close.

I would think you are as safe as can be. The city of Anaheim is strongly motivated to keep this area VERY safe, especially for vistors, who (conservatively) would be, I would guess, 80 percent of the people walking on Harbor Boulevard at any time, day or night.

Worry not.

--t

kbanmen
03-11-2005, 04:51 PM
COOL! we can walk back and get a bite to eat or something! Sounds great to me! Do you eat before you go to work or while at work? I am anxious to meet you Saturday evening!!!

We could go to Dennys for coffe or something.. I just have to be at DCA at the latest 12:40 am... is that ok?????

kbanmen
03-11-2005, 04:51 PM
It's not far, and Harbor Boulevard is filled with tourists until LONG after the parks close.

I would think you are as safe as can be. The city of Anaheim is strongly motivated to keep this area VERY safe, especially for vistors, who (conservatively) would be, I would guess, 80 percent of the people walking on Harbor Boulevard at any time, day or night.

Worry not.

--t

THats right Tod.. Safe as ever.. they care about the tourist.. no problem Karla..but Hey I will walk you back ok..

Earkid
03-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Good idea!! I will go pick one up or just bring my Mace thanks Brazen!!Hi MyKarla :D

Are you driving or flying? Remember, you can't bring Mace on the plane. I can't wait to read your trip report.

kbanmen
03-11-2005, 04:54 PM
anaheim is very very safe Karla.. just like fullerton (where I live)

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi MyKarla :D

Are you driving or flying? Remember, you can't bring Mace on the plane. I can't wait to read your trip report.

Oh my goodness that you for telling me! I would have brung the mace on the plane and taken to jail :eek: I am so glad yoyu told me Earkid! I am flying down so man I am glad you were reading this. wistle it is LOL!

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 05:03 PM
We could go to Dennys for coffe or something.. I just have to be at DCA at the latest 12:40 am... is that ok?????
Hi what ever time you have to get to work is fine with me! I will be just glad to meet you and to enjoy our time together. :)

Stupid_American
03-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Most of the time, all the streets around the resort are fulled with people heading to and from the various venues.
Although it sounds like you will meet up, it would be doubtful that you would be wandering empty streets in any case.

Emma
03-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Kelly and Karla-- I'm so jealous you guys get to meet each other!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Kelly and Karla-- I'm so jealous you guys get to meet each other!!

Yes but you have it the best of all of us! you are carrying a baby ( I loved being pregnant! ) and they are so fun and sweet and well I am so jelous because I am now to old :) but I am so happy for you and the fact you are goingto feel the kicks and the movements, man I am just tearing up right now. emma what a blessing!!:D

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 05:16 PM
And I am real happy to be meeting Kelly, she works there and can help me find things and well she is so sweet!! She will give you a report maybe after she meets me :)