PDA

View Full Version : TL 5 year plan

Disney Vault
03-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Marcie from Mouseinfo has answered the latest questions and she talks about Tomorrowland. She works for Disney and has a very good track record with being accurate. It sounds like Tomorrowland will be a great land again.

There is a 5 year revitalization plan to help pump new life back into the land. That plan involves the Rocket Rods beamway, the upper deck where the Observatron is located now, and other minor tweaks and changes to the area. Unfortunately I cannot share any of the ideas being considered at this time, but I can assure you that between DLR senior level executives and WDI the desire is strong to bring life back to the land. And they want it sooner rather than later. Of course, budgets and timing with the 50th festivities will dictate what can be done over the next 18 months.

Lucas has shown interest in working with WDI in updating Star Tours following the release of his final Star Wars film

Disney Vault
03-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Any thoughts on this? I really wonder what they could do with the upper deck where the observitron is. Do you think it will be a new attraction, or just something to replace the current structure that is up there? And even though she said George Lucas has shown interest in updating the star tours movie, I bet he will wait until Eisner is gone before he will actually start working with the WDI.

Duane
03-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Maybe they will build a pin trading shop on top of the observitron area.

SoCalSteven
03-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Any thoughts on this? I really wonder what they could do with the upper deck where the observitron is. Do you think it will be a new attraction, or just something to replace the current structure that is up there? And even though she said George Lucas has shown interest in updating the star tours movie, I bet he will wait until Eisner is gone before he will actually start working with the WDI.
I want the old Rockets back!

Emma
03-12-2005, 07:27 PM
I hope they fix tomorrowland, because for me, there's not a single reason to go into it right now, other than to take my 5 year old on the Autopia. Pretty sad...

Disney Vault
03-12-2005, 10:55 PM
I hope they fix tomorrowland, because for me, there's not a single reason to go into it right now, other than to take my 5 year old on the Autopia. Pretty sad...
Well once space mt. opens up that will really help the land. And buzz looks like a neet ride too. And then the nemo subs will be coming in a few years. Things are looking better for the whole resort. Has anyone heard of their program to fix everything up? I think it is something like "project sparkle."

Brisal73
03-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Look for a couple of things to happen.

The asto orbiter will move from the front to the top again, or it will remain on the bottom. Either way look for some cosmetic changes to take place. Look at the HKDL version for an idea of what it might look like.

Screamscape
http://www.screamscape.com/html/hkdl_38.htm

Btw...They are taking a lot of the ideas/color etc... for our new refurbished TL from the HKDL version of that land

capst
03-13-2005, 07:53 AM
While visually stunning, I always thought having the rockets at the TL entrance created a bottleneck. I would welcome them moving back to the upper deck where they belong!

Disney Vault
03-13-2005, 09:58 AM
I just don't think it would be worth the money to put it back on the upper deck. As lond as they get rid of those ugly brown rocks it would halp open up the area. And then they just need to give it a brand new paint job.

Earkid
03-13-2005, 10:34 AM
I hate the brown rocks too. I think it makes the area look prehistoric, not futuristic.

olegc
03-13-2005, 08:35 PM
While visually stunning, I always thought having the rockets at the TL entrance created a bottleneck. I would welcome them moving back to the upper deck where they belong!

the biggest issue I had was that by placing the rockets at the front of the land, instead of in the distance, you took away the "weenie" strategy that Disney used - always having something to lure you further into an area.
From main street - castle
From hub - Mark Twain/River, carrousel within castle opening (when it was closer), and Rockets far down
From castle - down main street - train station.
From rockets - frontierland fort facade...
From fantasyland - matterhorn/small world (ok, a stretch, but you get the idea)
etc.

Emma
03-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Well once space mt. opens up that will really help the land. And buzz looks like a neet ride too. And then the nemo subs will be coming in a few years. Things are looking better for the whole resort. Has anyone heard of their program to fix everything up? I think it is something like "project sparkle."

I forgot about Buzz-- I haven't done that ride yet. Once Space Mtn. re-opens (hopefully with the music) between it and Buzz, there'll be hope for tomorrowland. They just really need to do away with HISTA and Innoventions and put something better in there.

Disney Vault
03-13-2005, 09:42 PM
You would think they would have changed HISTA by now. Redoing a 3D movie has to be so much cheaper than having to build a new ride.

tjaa
03-13-2005, 10:07 PM

TL has so much potential :) With Space Mtn, "Drowned" subs coming to life (Nemo), People Mover revamped?, Buzz LY & more. Make it happen, right now it's just a walk through. Should Star Tours get a new film/ride (just asking)?

oregontraveler
03-14-2005, 04:38 AM
Now that Bob Iger is taking over this fall, George could start talking with WDI
and have a new film ready when the subs come back etc. I would love to see the rockets go back up top and bring the Peoplemover back.

dalhar35
03-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Replace Star Tours with Misson:Space. Star Tours is lame.