PDA

View Full Version : Food on the Monorail

dlandnut
03-11-2005, 02:24 PM
When we go to DL in June, my mother won't always be going to the park with us, but sometimes will opt to stay at the Disneyland Hotel and "lounge". If I periodically get her some food to go (like at the Pizza Port), are they going to let me take it on the Monorail back to the DH? Or, do I have to "disguise" my food in my purse? Yuck! If I spill pizza sauce in my purse, lol! :)

MrsG
03-11-2005, 03:19 PM
As long as it is wrapped and bagged, you should be able to transport food on the Monorail. You are just not allowed to eat on board.

MsYumiBr
03-11-2005, 05:57 PM
The only thing packaged that I remember seeing at the lounge was pb&j sandwiches and beverages. They have fruit too. Can you bring zip lock bags?

Cancer Norm
03-11-2005, 06:08 PM
....They do have room service at the hotel.
They even have bars & resturants on the grounds.

uvsc_wolverine
03-11-2005, 06:21 PM
As long as it is wrapped and bagged, you should be able to transport food on the Monorail. You are just not allowed to eat on board.

But if you're on the monorail...and it's moving...how are they going to stop you? It's not like there's a CM in every car. I know you're not supposed to, and it would be annoying to other guests, but...you know, they can't really enforce it.

MsYumiBr
03-11-2005, 07:01 PM
They don't stop you at the baggage check station if you have a backpack full of pb&j sandwiches, fruit, cereal boxes, soda and ziplock baggies full of muffins?

tjaa
03-11-2005, 07:41 PM
When we go to DL in June, my mother won't always be going to the park with us, but sometimes will opt to stay at the Disneyland Hotel and "lounge". If I periodically get her some food to go (like at the Pizza Port), are they going to let me take it on the Monorail back to the DH? Or, do I have to "disguise" my food in my purse? Yuck! If I spill pizza sauce in my purse, lol! :)

DTD (Down town Disney) has a huge selection of food and is steps away from DLH. In most cases better food for less :) We often snack on the Monorail from my backpack (strawberries, granola bars...), if CM complain, offer them a slice :) :) :)

adriennek
03-11-2005, 09:39 PM
They don't stop you at the baggage check station if you have a backpack full of pb&j sandwiches, fruit, cereal boxes, soda and ziplock baggies full of muffins?

They might if you were carrying them into the parks but not out of the parks.

It depends on who checks your bags. Today I know of two people that walked through the bag check at the exact same time. One group had a bag with sandwiches, the CM told that group to please take them to the picnic area lockers.

Another group had a bag full of sandwiches. That group's CM didn't look as carefully in the bag but said, "Are those your provisions?" The group said, "Yes" and the CM said, "Ok" and let them in.

I know they have the legal right to say "you can't bring outside food into our park." I know it makes economical sense to require people to buy food from them, or make it difficult to bring your own. I think it's absurd to require a couple of parents with young kids to keep their PB&J's and snack crackers in a locker outside of the parks, on the other side of the security checks.

Adrienne

tjaa
03-11-2005, 10:03 PM
They might if you were carrying them into the parks but not out of the parks.

It depends on who checks your bags. Today I know of two people that walked through the bag check at the exact same time. One group had a bag with sandwiches, the CM told that group to please take them to the picnic area lockers.

Another group had a bag full of sandwiches. That group's CM didn't look as carefully in the bag but said, "Are those your provisions?" The group said, "Yes" and the CM said, "Ok" and let them in.

I know they have the legal right to say "you can't bring outside food into our park." I know it makes economical sense to require people to buy food from them, or make it difficult to bring your own. I think it's absurd to require a couple of parents with young kids to keep their PB&J's and snack crackers in a locker outside of the parks, on the other side of the security checks.

Adrienne

We walk to the check point, open our backpacks and tell the CM what's inside (fish crackers, yogurt, strawberries, nuts, water, sandwiches, camera... No bombs :~D We have had zero problems, your food is allowed. We then are forced to rent a $5/6 locker (per day) to hold our goods, including jackets/sweaters.