PDA

View Full Version : The Dumbest thing I ever did at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

Disneynerd
03-11-2005, 11:48 AM
What's yours?

After a filling dinner at Catal, I had the option of using my Grizzly River Rapids fastpass or retiring to my room at the GCH. I was full and DCA seemed like such a long walk. I vowed to ride it the following year. However, the following year I was pregnant and couldn't ride it. This year I have an infant and it's too much work to hike back up to the room and change. Plus, I'd have to ride it alone while hubby hangs out with the baby.

I guess that's not too bad. You're turn.

lauramaynot
03-11-2005, 12:05 PM
What's yours?

After a filling dinner at Catal, I had the option of using my Grizzly River Rapids fastpass or retiring to my room at the GCH. I was full and DCA seemed like such a long walk. I vowed to ride it the following year. However, the following year I was pregnant and couldn't ride it. This year I have an infant and it's too much work to hike back up to the room and change. Plus, I'd have to ride it alone while hubby hangs out with the baby.

We were there in Feb. the last week before Mr. Lincoln was closed. I didn't insist on seeing it (We took my sister, brother, and niece and they didn't want to see it.) Hopefully it will open again after the 50th celebration my kids have never seen it that they can remember and its one of those pieces of Disneyland history that I would love them to have. We went to one of the last shows of Bear County Jamboree but my kids were 2,4, & 5 and don't remember much.

Disneynerd
03-11-2005, 12:11 PM
We were there in Feb. the last week before Mr. Lincoln was closed. I didn't insist on seeing it (We took my sister, brother, and niece and they didn't want to see it.) Hopefully it will open again after the 50th celebration my kids have never seen it that they can remember and its one of those pieces of Disneyland history that I would love them to have. We went to one of the last shows of Bear County Jamboree but my kids were 2,4, & 5 and don't remember much.I made a similar error. I put off Mr. Lincoln until I rode all the rides on my A list. By the time I made it over there, it was 101. Now when I go back in 4 days, 7 hours, 49 minutes and 53 (52,51,50,49...) seconds, it's on the refurb list.:(

Ulysses
03-12-2005, 01:29 AM
CMs have been told it will re-open after the 50th festivities. BTW we think it is ironic that when it was open we resorted to giving out "free tickets" to people in the park so they would go see Lincoln, which was NEVER busy. Now that it's closed it's amazing how many guests say it was their main reason for coming to DL.

sdfilmcritic
03-12-2005, 01:30 AM
The dumbest thing I ever did at Disneyland was..... I can't think of anything.

JivinJungleSkipper85
03-12-2005, 02:55 AM
CMs have been told it will re-open after the 50th festivities. BTW we think it is ironic that when it was open we resorted to giving out "free tickets" to people in the park so they would go see Lincoln, which was NEVER busy. Now that it's closed it's amazing how many guests say it was their main reason for coming to DL.

HAHAHA...omg, I remember having to pass those things out...they were such a pain, but some of the guests really did love them...that was just after we got those safety cards, which were rather cute...

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 06:51 AM
I loved mr lincoln! we went 2 times and my daugghter went 3 times!
the dumbest thing I did was miss all the shows! I wish now I saw playhouse disney, and aladdin.by the time we went to see playhouse disney it was either to late or to early! I plan on doing some better planning this time!

CrazyTrain
03-12-2005, 09:01 AM
The dumbest thing I ever did was ride Indy.... then tell someone about it, who has started to tease me about going on it!

Pascomom
03-12-2005, 09:02 AM
What's yours?

Passed up Matter Horn when the line was just to the end of the railings, I thought that was too long to wait so I thought I would catch it at another time during the week. Never saw it that short agian, IN TWO YEARS. :eek: Going to ride in April no matter how long I have to wait! ;)

Terri
03-12-2005, 09:05 AM
The dumbest thing I ever did was take certain rides for granted when I'd visit the park. I remember NOT going on the buckets (skyway to tomorrowland/fantasyland), peoplemover, monsanto (voyage through inner space), submarines, Bear Country Jamborie (the first one!) and the fort (okay...not a ride) on Tom Sawyers Island. At least we always made a point of going on America Sings. I'm still sad these things are gone.

The other dumb thing I did was getting kicked out when I was a kid because we dropped pennies out of the buckets as we rode through fantasyland...Nothing like having security meet you at the terminal in tomorrowland! :rolleyes:

Oh...and the other thing was turning down a CM job as a ride operator in Tomorrowland and taking a merchandise job in NOS and Bear Country simply because I didn't like the polyester costumes they wore in Tomorrowland! (It was the 70's...what can I say!) I at least was smart enough to not go into food! :p

millionairegirl
03-12-2005, 10:13 AM
The dumbest thing I ever did at Disneyland was..... I can't think of anything.

Why did you post then? :confused:

The dumbest thing I ever did - it was the year Star Tours just opened. I was probably 11, but I'm not sure. Of course we got there before park opening as that's my parents style. We rushed to Tomorrowland and my sister and I insisted that we go on Space Mountain first, but my Dad said it made more sense to go on Star Tours while it's a walk-on. Well, we got our way, but then had a 3 hour wait for Star Tours later! Dad was right! I'm still kind of kicking myself for that one.

dizy4disney1
03-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Dumbest thing I ever did at DL was drink to much at the DLH while playing You don't know Jack. My sister and I were there on a Girls trip and didn't have dinner yet, so ordered Nachos. After about 3 drinks realized the Nachos never came! Poor waitress was so sorry, gave us another 2 free drinks each before they finally got our Nachos done, by then we were too drunk to eat! Ended up taking the Monorail back to DL and had a ball (I think) before crashing in our hotel room, only to wake up with hang-overs. All was fun until the hang-over part, yuck...

Dream Again
03-12-2005, 09:44 PM
What's yours?

Lost 110 disney dollars somewhere.

Emma
03-12-2005, 09:49 PM
I once walked all the way from my hotel (Coast Anaheim) to the park without my park hopper. :rolleyes:

Boy, was DH mad when we had to walk back. :fez:

kijay
03-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Our first trip with the kids in 98, we went to one of the restaraunts outside Disney (by the crosswalk - had a buffet but can't remember the name). Finished our meal and then I realized that I had left my wallet back in our hotel room (We were staying at the Disneyland Hotel and had rode the monorail into the park). Talk about embarrased! Got quite an earfull from the wife on that occasion :p

mamamage
03-13-2005, 07:05 PM
It was our first trip as parents:
Taking advantage of an early morning entry in Fantasyland.....their first disneyland ride experience (they were ages 1 & 3) was.......SNOW WHITE!

in retrospect, I wish we would have just stayed at DLH w/the radio controlled jungle cruise boats/peter pan swimming pool/goofy's kitchen and told them we were in disneyland....

one of my worst parenting memories is them in tears, screaming to go home, and me responding, "don't you know this is the happiest place on earth?"

It took three trips through "It's a Small World" to convince them......

RobRoz
03-13-2005, 08:10 PM
I had to go to the bathroom so bad one time, that I walked into the Ladies Room instead of the Mens room.....My wife can top that tho. She was trying on different shoes one morning before going to the Park to see which one's was more comfortable.About a hour after getting to the park ,I notice she had on two different shoes on ...lol

kristen
03-13-2005, 08:33 PM
It's not a complaint, seriously, just read the whole thing:

they just came out with a whole line of princess costumes, but there always were ones....however, i never got any, nor did i see the princesses, nor did i get the specific barbies i had wanted at christmas and so on...but i was perfectly okay with that because i know i had an amazingly blessed childhood!

HERE'S THE SAD PART: I could have had it all... my mom and i, this year, walked into the disneyland shops at d'land and saw the dresses for the little princesses, i told her that i used to want them really bad, but i was okay that i didn't get them...my mom just stared at me in disbelief, she finally spoke and said "you've never said that before...i would have completely bought them for you! All you had to do was ask, you just never did...I loved doing things like that for you." It turns out, i never would tell anyone what i wanted when i was little cause i was trying too hard to be a good daughter and i guess go with the flow, not be greedy or just obey my parents...if i had spoken up, i could have had these things...well now my mom felt horrible, cause she never knew i was sad from not getting those things--but i reassured her that i was fine before and i am thrilled now just knowing it could have been and she feels better now...well, now im an obnoxious girl who can't keep her random thoughts and opinions to herself...so, oddly, my mother's thrilled and when we don't agree on something and she's mad, it always makes me giggle, cause she will start telling herself (an me) outloud that even though we don't agree, she is just happy that im telling her what i think....Random, sorry, but hey, i think it went along with the theme...right? o well, have a blessed day you guys! TTFN!

Borgnineus
03-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Ok, this is bad. I got umm... "busted" for ganja when I was a teenager. The funny thing is that I was actually smoking it on the skyway and in inner space and had no troubles at all. I got busted when I left the park and went back to my families car and threw away the device I was using under some cars (it was a dl pen that I had fashioned into a somking device). Well, heading back to the park I was surrounded by staff in golf carts. My family was not happy.

Hehe... thats really stupid!!!!!!

I still sneak in a flask when I go though. I'm a bad boy!

sdfilmcritic
03-14-2005, 11:42 AM
On Sunday I saw a father with a stroller and two kids in DTD who were surrounded by a team of DLR security whites. One of the security guys reached in and was grabbing stuff out of the guy's stroller. The father didn't seem out raged or anything, but I was wondering why the security people stopped the guy.

figmentspark
03-14-2005, 11:46 AM
The dumbest thing I did happened when I was maybee 7 (if I was that old). I was sitting on a wall that had rose bushes behind it. Me being the graceful person I have never been somehow fell off the wall backwards. I wound up having to go to First Aid all scraped and cut up. Since then I have been carefully watching where I sit in Disneyland. :rolleyes:

bradk
03-14-2005, 11:59 AM
On Sunday I saw a father with a stroller and two kids in DTD who were surrounded by a team of DLR security whites. One of the security guys reached in and was grabbing stuff out of the guy's stroller. The father didn't seem out raged or anything, but I was wondering why the security people stopped the guy.

strollers are the most popular 'vehicle' for shoplifting.

sdfilmcritic
03-14-2005, 12:02 PM
strollers are the most popular 'vehicle' for shoplifting.Someone in my group was thinking that, but I noticed one of the security guys picked out a sheet of paper. Was this guy stealing computer paper or shopping receipts? I'm still kind of curious to know what was going on. Dang I'm nosey.

AprilShowers
03-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Not getting the Turkey Drumstick. I'm still kicking myself for that one

SCUBAbe
03-14-2005, 12:08 PM
I left my jacket at home so i bought a sweatshirt at the character warehouse. On Sunday we packed the car including the sweatshirt, because it appeared to be warm and we would be doing MA. I didn't think that it would be cooling down by the time MA was over. So, I bought another jacket in the park. The park jacekt was pricey,. but we did not have tiome to walk back to the car for my sweatshirt.

OH, I have something even dumber. In innoventions I was walking on that weird floor with the blue rocks under it and I almost walked right into the mirror. My teammate had to stop me...LOL