PDA

View Full Version : "Radio Day" March 20 - What is it?

jiminycesq
03-11-2005, 11:46 AM
I was looking at a local radio station website and they said 3 of their announcers will be in a booth by Small World for 2 hours on Sunday, March 20 as part of "Radio day". Poking around on Google brought a couple more examples, like Bill Handel at the Mark Twain. I havent read about this "day" anywhere, it probably is a way for Disneyland to get lots of free air time mentioned by the stations, but does anyone know where a list of all participants might be found? I am going that day and it sure would be nice to meet Fred Allen, or Lum n Abner, if they show up. :-)

Thanks!

olegc
03-11-2005, 12:11 PM
I was looking at a local radio station website and they said 3 of their announcers will be in a booth by Small World for 2 hours on Sunday, March 20 as part of "Radio day". Poking around on Google brought a couple more examples, like Bill Handel at the Mark Twain. I havent read about this "day" anywhere, it probably is a way for Disneyland to get lots of free air time mentioned by the stations, but does anyone know where a list of all participants might be found? I am going that day and it sure would be nice to meet Fred Allen, or Lum n Abner, if they show up. :-)

Thanks!

From what I recall DLR does this many times to promote special events, etc. Holidays, vacations, grand openings, rededications... It's a way to get local fans to come to the parks (those who love the station) as well as promote travel to the park. Sometimes they target specific markets (ToT an all day latino radio promotion - about 30 stations from around the country).

cstephens
03-11-2005, 02:03 PM
They had the same event last year. We happened to be in line at the gates waiting for them to open, and Danny Bonaduce was wandering through the lines saying hi to people.

I would expect it's a way to promote Buzz on tons of radio shows.

olegc
03-11-2005, 02:13 PM
They had the same event last year. We happened to be in line at the gates waiting for them to open, and Danny Bonaduce was wandering through the lines saying hi to people.

I would expect it's a way to promote Buzz on tons of radio shows.

oh yeah, buzz. How could i forget that? maybe because it's been open in preview mode for so long... :p

cstephens
03-11-2005, 02:16 PM
oh yeah, buzz. How could i forget that? maybe because it's been open in preview mode for so long... :p

You mean a week?

And most people aren't disneyphiles who haunt message boards so won't know about it. Are there ads yet? I don't think I've seen any.

Darkbeer
03-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Disney made a deal with Clear Channel to promote the parks, sounds like this is one of the many promotions that will happen this year.