PDA

View Full Version : I'm so confused about the 50th..

ima_mickeyfan
03-11-2005, 09:55 AM
:confused: With all the hype about the 5th, I am begining to wonder if all the exciting things that are scheduled for that day are going to continue during the 18 month celebration??? We are going in Sept. and I would surely be disappointed if the birthday parade and firework show is not going to be shown....It seems like everyone is going in May, & July...what about Sept? is that a good time to go? I figured lines won't be that bad due to school starting back up. what do you think? Last time I went was 4 yrs ago and we went in Oct. and had no problem getting on any ride.
Imput please. :

dizy4disney1
03-11-2005, 10:06 AM
It will be a 18month celebration starting May5th. You should be fine in Sept. I'm not sure, but some things that are usually shut down off-season might not be open but you should be safe as far as parades and fireworks, etc. It is a great time to go. Lower crowds (weekends are always busy though) and the weather is great. Have fun!

ima_mickeyfan
03-11-2005, 10:13 AM
thanks dizy4disney

yellowrosedtxn
03-11-2005, 10:16 AM
I read somewhere (on the net I think) that said that everything done on the 5th of May will be continued throughout the 18 months of celebrations. That way no one would miss anything. (As far as the parades and things like that go.) That is all I can remember though.

pisces
03-11-2005, 11:18 AM
No matter what kind of weather? I'm wondering if these new fireworks can withstand rain? We all know what it's been like in California this year. September doesn't usually rain, but there are a lot of overcast evenings.......and if there's one thing about California weather.....expect the unexpected.

Actually, it's a bit unusual to have it go 18 months. Aren't most anniversarys 12 months?

By my calendar......that's October 2006. That's kind of an awkward cut-off point.

Maybe they'll just extend things into November, December 2006,....and then start fresh January of 2007, with whatever the next big thing is.

AmandasDad
03-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Think about it this way. It is from the about the beginning of the 2005 peak season to the end of the 2006 peak season. Plus it is starting on the memorable day of 05/05/05.

bradk
03-11-2005, 12:46 PM
personally, i think that if you want to experience the 50th anniversary stuff and aren't pressured by time, you'd just as well go in feb of next year when attendance is at its lowest. as long as they do the fireworks on the weekend.

EandCDad
03-11-2005, 03:55 PM
No matter what kind of weather? I'm wondering if these new fireworks can withstand rain?

They are fireworks, just like other fireworks, they don't shoot them off when it rains. They also don't run the parades. I think it's a bit early to worry about that, though. No matter what sort of rain we've had the last few months, using it as a predictor of rain six months from now is pretty useless.

Actually, it's a bit unusual to have it go 18 months. Aren't most anniversarys 12 months?

Actually, most anniversaries are one day. As the previous poster pointed out, the schedule allows Disneyland and the rest of the Disney parks two full summer periods of larger crowds coming for all the 50th crapola.