PDA

View Full Version : The Gold Mickey Ears!

I Heart Disneyland!
03-10-2005, 10:38 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/gated/landing?name=AP_GoldenEarsSpecialOfferDetailPage

The famous ears we've all been talking about in past months!!!!

SoCalDude
03-10-2005, 10:48 PM
For the non-AP holders:

See the pic here:
http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_v0200/en_US/ap/AP_GoldenEars_d.jpg
(hope the link works)

The text says:
Our classic ears get a golden touch!

Be appropriately attired for the 50th anniversary celebration - all the way to the tips of your ears. Purchase your pair of Golden Mickey Mouse ears ($10.00, plus tax, for kids at heart; $9.50, plus tax, for kids) at Fantasyland Mad Hatter, Main Street Mad Hatter, Hatmosphere and other select Resort merchandise locations.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-10-2005, 10:51 PM
For the non-AP holders:

See the pic here:
http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_v0200/en_US/ap/AP_GoldenEars_d.jpg
(hope the link works)

Thanks for putting a new link....I didn't realize everyone couldn't see the other. Your link worked perfectly! :)

SoCalDude
03-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks for putting a new link....I didn't realize everyone couldn't see the other. Your link worked perfectly! :)

I am here for you :)

I am still trying to figure out if I like them as much as I thought I would. The design looks kinda busy.

cstephens
03-11-2005, 01:37 AM
I love the design, and I've got friends who can't wait to get theirs. The ears looked great when I saw them. Can't wait to own them. (This from someone whose very first pair of Mickey ears was from mid-January this year, and I didn't even buy them myself.)

Ulysses
03-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Right now the regular ears are $7.50 for adults; $7.00 for kids. Look for the new price to apply to all ears and be permanent. (Sneaky, isn't it.) You still get the embroidery for free.

HOWEVER, DL's traditional free-hand embroidery is threatened by a new, DW-style computerized embroidery machine now being tested in Briar Patch (Critter Country). Thankfully, it's broken most of the time.

paulca
03-12-2005, 06:21 AM
The Golden Ears will be available starting March 15th!! I am a CM and just heard that the date will be March 15th........$10.00 for kids at heart (adults)

CoasterChickie
03-12-2005, 07:20 AM
I saw them and they are neat, but I like the traditional black ones better. They have a lot of really cool stuff they've come up with for the 50th. I love the program covers...they have the look of the posters for the rides from when Disney first opened!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-12-2005, 07:25 AM
OMG I love them!!! I got to have me a pair!!!! please do not forget to remind me before I go coaster I would kick my self forever if I did not get me a pair!!!!!!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-12-2005, 07:34 AM
Oh yeah! We will be there on the 14th-17th! Our family WILL be getting gold ears! YEAH!!!

Terri
03-12-2005, 08:49 AM
HOWEVER, DL's traditional free-hand embroidery is threatened by a new, DW-style computerized embroidery machine now being tested in Briar Patch (Critter Country). Thankfully, it's broken most of the time.

This would just break my heart! I used to be one of those people who embroidered the names on hats. It was so much fun, but it took weeks of training just to stay on the hat! You started on a thick pad of paper towels and after you could stay on the 10x10 inch square, you then started to do loops. I still have a bunch of practice pads and old hats with different names on them in my cedar chest. Wow...they're about 27 years old... :eek:

nsyncitnd1787
03-12-2005, 09:04 PM
OMG I love them!!! I got to have me a pair!!!! please do not forget to remind me before I go coaster I would kick my self forever if I did not get me a pair!!!!!!!!

to keep myself from forgetting to buy something, i have a folder on the desktop that's titled "getting at Disneyland". i have pictures of all the things i want to buy there that i have seen on the internet stores.

Tony
03-15-2005, 01:16 PM
These were released today at the park, and are available immediately.

kbanmen
03-15-2005, 01:19 PM
The Golden Ears will be available starting March 15th!! I am a CM and just heard that the date will be March 15th........$10.00 for kids at heart (adults)

ANd the price for children is $9.50 (remmeber the kids as well Paul)

miss_sonja
03-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Those are so darn cute! I need them!

(next trip, just booked, for April 21-25:-)

kbanmen
03-15-2005, 03:42 PM
they are cute, but I think my girls would destroy them, so if I buy them for them, I will put them away until they are a bit older

I just bought them the black ears a few weeks ago, and already they arent in good shape..hmmmmm

Deogge's Mom
03-15-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm going to get mine on Friday when I'm there...

I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to get my Golden Mickey Ears!!!!