PDA

View Full Version : Live from the Neverland Pool -Trip Report

disney jones
03-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Wow - free wireless internet hook-up sitting tonight besides the Neverland Pool at DLH! My girls and I arrived right at 5 pm into the park at the Tomorrowland Monorail Station. The first stop was Buzz Lightyear - it was pure fun and is definitely a ride to go on over and over and over. It took about a half hour to get through it and ride, then we headed over to meet Coaster, Yenta, Christiii, and Deogee's Mom at Indy. They graciously agreed to watch Syd, while Zoe and I rode Indy - it was the first time ever for her, and my first time in a couple of years. How great is that? The first two rides were brand new to her. Then they watched Syd during dinner some more, alowing me and Zoe to go on BTMRR twice and POTC. Coaster took Syd on Tarzan's Treehouse and then POTC, then the 5 gals ate while Zoe and I rode. Me and the girls wrapped up the evening on the Matterhorn and Buzz one more time, before heading out. we picked up the Bambi DVD on the way out so i'm going to sign off now to save battery power to watch it. Wish y'all were here!

SoCalSteven
03-10-2005, 08:45 PM
How busy was it overall? How was the weather? It was hot up here in Victorville!

Crazy4DL
03-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Wow - free wireless internet hook-up sitting tonight besides the Neverland Pool at DLH! My girls and I arrived right at 5 pm into the park at the Tomorrowland Monorail Station. The first stop was Buzz Lightyear - it was pure fun and is definitely a ride to go on over and over and over. It took about a half hour to get through it and ride, then we headed over to meet Coaster, Yenta, Christiii, and Deogee's Mom at Indy. They graciously agreed to watch Syd, while Zoe and I rode Indy - it was the first time ever for her, and my first time in a couple of years. How great is that? The first two rides were brand new to her. Then they watched Syd during dinner some more, alowing me and Zoe to go on BTMRR twice and POTC. Coaster took Syd on Tarzan's Treehouse and then POTC, then the 5 gals ate while Zoe and I rode. Me and the girls wrapped up the evening on the Matterhorn and Buzz one more time, before heading out. we picked up the Bambi DVD on the way out so i'm going to sign off now to save battery power to watch it. Wish y'all were here!

What a beautiful day you and your DDs have had - thanks for letting us share it :) Get lots of sleep and have another great day tomorrow. rrazey

WITron
03-10-2005, 09:20 PM
I am jealous. I had to go out and shovel snow after getting DD to bed tonight. Hope you have a great time.

Andrew
03-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Wow - free wireless internet hook-up sitting tonight besides the Neverland Pool at DLH!

Verrry interesting... http://samspade.org/t/lookat?a=207.190.0.10

bradk
03-10-2005, 11:13 PM
oops! someone's ip address is showing.

CoasterChickie
03-10-2005, 11:29 PM
The weather is beautiful and the crowds are light!! DisneyJones is exactly how I thought he would be in person...very nice...and his daughters are darling!!! :)

sdfilmcritic
03-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I should have given a "heads up" to all the out of staters that the weather has been really nice lately.

Note to CC -- I noticed you are posting awfully late. Make sure you stop by at the Honey Caramel Popcorn stand near the Hungry Bear Restaurant in the morning. I'm eating the last of my current bag right now and I need a refill. Thanks.

CoasterChickie
03-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Hey sd,

Yep I am up late because renta and christii got me all wound up with all their jokes ad then they fel asleep. But the boys were stil up so I snuck in their room to use their computer.

By your post, do you mean that you are going to be at the Hungry Bear to get your own refill or that you want me to go to the Hungry Bear and get a refill for you?! :)

sdfilmcritic
03-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Yep I am up late because renta and christii got me all wound up with all their jokes ad then they fel asleep. But the boys were stil up so I snuck in their room to use their computer. ;) :rolleyes: A bunch of party animals you ladies are!
By your post, do you mean that you are going to be at the Hungry Bear to get your own refill or that you want me to go to the Hungry Bear and get a refill for you?! :)You can get me a bag tomorrow and I'll reimburse you later. But I'm afraid you and your motley crue will have it polished off by the time I might get my grubby little hands on it. :p I'm sure you all will like the stuff if any of you can get around to buying a bag.

disney jones
03-11-2005, 06:32 AM
:D well its bright and early Friday morning and i'm sitting in the GCH Lobby with wireless access again. (actually not that bright -coastal fog, but it'll be another warm day). After spending some time last night at the Neverland pool with Coaster and Yenta (where'd Christiii go?), we headed south to Doheny Beach to camp. Hearing the surf pound the beach is such a relaxing feeling waking up to. I thought Syd would stay up with me to watch Bambi as she got a long nap on the ride over here, but she conked out. NO Bambi DVD yet - maybe the ride home.

We're waiting here in GCH for the Javanod/Coaster clan to meet for breakfast, then head into the parks. I'm going to take my girls to Storytellers this morning.

Last night was one of the best ever at DLR - meeting the wonderful MPers, Buzz and Indy first timers, capping off with the Neverland Pool. :D

And we get to meet more MPers' tonight!

The Tiki Room wasn't open yesterday, maybe today, but there were busy working away on it.

CrazyTrain
03-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Sounds great so far!!!
Can't wait to meet you all tonight! :D

Surfingstitch
03-11-2005, 07:32 AM
I am so jealous of all the fun you are all having!!!

JosieGirl71
03-11-2005, 09:14 AM
It sounds like you guys are having such a great time. I wish I could be there! Make sure to ride California Screamin' for me! (and for the record, I am VERY jealous!) ;)

Mommy2NicknMax
03-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Sounds like you're all having a blast!! Thanks for the report!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Thank you so much for telling us all about your time there. I am so happy for you and that you got to meet those crazy gals and of course the nice mr Javanod! Have a wonderful time, take pics and get one with those gals in there suits :) Be Blessed **Karla

disney jones
03-11-2005, 07:07 PM
:D

Back sitting in a DLH lobby waiting for dinner. We had another nice day at the parks. The girls and I ended up just eating at Whitewater Snacks, then headed into Tomorrowland via the Monorail. First stop after getting FPs for Autopia and a Stroller, was Buzz again - that's going to be a ritual until they get more things available in TL. Again, i'm repeating myself, but Buzz is definitely worth going on over and over. Early in the day we did the Matterhorn, Autopia, Buzz again, and rode all four Main Street vehicles up and down to Town Square and back. We got pitcures with several characters we hadn't taken them with yet - that's always a big plus! :) Mary Poppins in her dark nanny outfit with Bert and a Penguin, Merlin, and Cinderella with her two mice. Besides the one trip down the Matterhorn (TL side), we completely ignored the rides in Fantasyland and were only there to get character pics. One nice treat in FL was seeing the DL band riding the Carousel while playing the William Tell Overture.

At 2pm we met up with Javanod/Coaster clan, Christiii, Yenta, and Sally Skellington and her mom! All great and beautiful people, most definitely ;) !

We watched the Princess celebration parade, then Sally and her Mom went over to ride Indy with us again. Sally's mom watched Syd, while Sally, Zoe and I rode Indy. Zoe didn't enjoy the ride as much as last night - the noise bothered her and she was a bit frightened by it too. However, she was finally measured for height there and cleared it by a hair or two :) .

After Indy, we were on our own again, as Sally and her mom headed separate ways. The girls and i went over to DCA to spend the rest of the day. We hung out on HBL for a good few hours, got a picture with Sulley for the first time, spent time in the Animation Building and i finally watched the Walt Disney Story there. It was very good, and i was surprised how much it kept Zoe's attention too. Syd was a little too young for it. We wrapped up the day in A Bug's Land and did all the rides there, including the bumper cars for the first time. That's been our day so far - we've made it back to the DLH and gotten cleaned up a bit for the big Hook's Point dinner! :D

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2005, 07:11 PM
What a grand day!! glad you had a good time and that you got to meet sally and her mom, I got to see the pictures man!! I hope you are taking some :) tell everyone I said HEY ok !

sdfilmcritic
03-11-2005, 11:02 PM
One nice treat in FL was seeing the DL band riding the Carousel while playing the William Tell Overture.Now I am jealous!! I wish I could have seen that one!!

disney jones
03-14-2005, 05:34 PM
i'm wrapping up the trip right now in the lobby of GCH listening to the piano player play Somewhere Over the Rainbow. The girls just listened to the StoryTeller by the fireplace here and they too just had a marvellous time. It was a wonderful 5 days but i'm just too tired to report anything now except we made it and are chillin here, before driving back to Arizona.

As i contemplate the events and marvellous new friends we made from The Hooks Pointe dinner until the end of Monday, maybe some things are best left unreported :cool: .

But i can say that Javanod and Coaster have a wonderful family - my girls loved the Chicklets especially. Their two teams (Sally, DLF, Yenta, Christiii, Mukta) plus the others i met this weekend like the Tods, Steph, MaRox3, Captain Josh, Darkber, Deogge's Mom, CrazyTrain and everyone else were all very nice to us - and all the help i recieved from all of them helping my two little ones enjoy the Disney magic once again won't ever be forgotten. :) :)

Deogge's Mom
03-14-2005, 07:24 PM
It was great to me you this weekend. Your little girls are absolutly adorable. Anytime you're coming to DL, PM me and maybe we can meet. I'll be happy to watch Syd for you while you and Zoe ride some of the big rides.

CrazyTrain
03-14-2005, 07:38 PM
It was great to meet you too!
I second Deogge's Mom... I'm always willing to watch a kiddie if it means not going on Indy! ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
03-14-2005, 10:04 PM
DARLING photo of Syd in Buzz!!! Glad daddy and daughters had a nice reunion trip to DL! :) I bet they sure are happy to have you back from Israel. I know our kids were always happy when their papa came home from business trips! Great report!

disney jones
03-15-2005, 02:00 PM
i finally made it back. i tired out on the way home about midnight last night, so we camped overnight in Joshue Tree NP. This morning we took a drive around that park for awhile - the desert is in full bloom after this rainy winter. It was great to compare the wildflowers in the Mojave Desert with those in the lower part of the park in the Colorado Desert where we camped overnight.

Between 14 days in Israel and the last 6 days in California, i had 3 days at home. That's 20 of 23 days on the road. Why must i be a man with a suitcase? I'm pooped. Luckily i don't have to be back at work til Sunday evening so i'm going to hibernate in my cave for awhile. :D

I threw the new Bambi DVD on for the girls right when we got home. It's time for a long overdue siesta. :cool: