PDA

View Full Version : 50th souvenirs?

LibertyCall
03-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Does anyone have any idea what kind of special cack they're going to be slinging for the 50th? I'm trying to budget right now (ok, I'm having fun obsessing over my trip and I've run out of lists to make) and I'd like to know what I might be able to purchase. Gold mouse ears are a given, of course. :D

nsyncitnd1787
03-10-2005, 09:09 PM
pins, stuffed animals (decked in gold wear of course), keychains, pens, picture frames, etc. probably anything and everything you can think of they will have at least 1 of that pretains to the 50th. don't foreget those license plate frames!!

cstephens
03-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Does anyone have any idea what kind of special cack they're going to be slinging for the 50th?

Yes.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-10-2005, 10:35 PM
I've heard gold Mickey ears, which I HAVE to have. I am sure while I'm there, even though I do not plan to buy a bunch of stuff...I will get caught up in the 50th anniversary and will no doubt come home, open my suitcase and say, "Why in the heck did I buy this golden DL tchotchke!?!"

LibertyCall
03-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Yes.

Well bless your heart, aren't you cute!

I will get caught up in the 50th anniversary and will no doubt come home, open my suitcase and say, "Why in the heck did I buy this golden DL tchotchke!?!"

Exactly, lol. I want to get some sort of big ticket thing, maybe some framed artwork or something (an illustration of the castle decked out for the 50th, for instance).

My dad was actually there on the day DL opened and he's not even going to go this year, he could care less. :rolleyes:

mystycalchyk
03-11-2005, 08:32 AM
don't foreget those license plate frames!!

I'm hoping so! We have a frame from the 25th, 30th, 35th, 40th, 45th, (also the 75th birthday for Mickey) and hopefully will add the 50th to our collection :D

edited to add:
erm not frames, but plates themselves :)

MrsG
03-11-2005, 08:41 AM
If you get tired of the gold stuff, there will also be some retro items that I think are pretty cute. The usual chotchkes but with some of the original turquoise coloring. IIRC, these items come out before the gold (in March?? - haven't seen them yet)

bradk
03-11-2005, 08:52 AM
i believe it was AVP who recently mentioned that supposedly there's a whole bunch of 50th anniversary merchandise being introduced on (i think) 3/15.

basically someone somewhere said sometime there'd be some things new.

LibertyCall
03-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Oooh! And an ornament! Must have a 50th ornament.

Ulysses
03-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Don't worry; there will be everything from cheap (keychains and shotglasses) to outrageous (snowglobes). Most stuff will not come out until the 5th, but right now you can get baseball caps, polo shirts, shot glasses. Hat shops are switching to white thread so it will show up on the gold ears.

nsyncitnd1787
03-12-2005, 08:08 PM
i believe it was AVP who recently mentioned that supposedly there's a whole bunch of 50th anniversary merchandise being introduced on (i think) 3/15.

they have some 50th pins to be released on that day listed on the Disney pin trading website.

10-8 at Disneyland
03-14-2005, 10:03 AM
The Team Centers have had a bunch of Cast Exclusive stuff for a while now. Some pretty nice things too...leather jackets, hats, backpacks.