PDA

View Full Version : Disney has announced no HMH event in 2005

cstephens
03-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Disneygallery.com has a notice here (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/event_disneyland4715.html) that there won't be an event for Haunted Mansion Holiday this year. Note that it doesn't say there won't be HMH this year - just not the event, which had been expected anyway, but now it's official.

And yes, they do still need someone to check their stuff so that extraneous extra words don't appear in their announcements.

Raven
03-11-2005, 07:06 AM
What is the "event"?

D-lander 1956
03-11-2005, 08:30 AM
I have heard rumors that the HMH overlay will not be at DL at all this year and is moving to WDW :mad:

HTHgal12
03-11-2005, 08:33 AM
i believe that is just a rumor. The notice didn't say no HMH just the event

bradk
03-11-2005, 08:49 AM
AFAIK, HM is still scheduled to be down for most of september, presumably to be decorated with whatever. i'm sure the 50th won't interfere with the NBC overlay, since there really isn't any planning involved, just a lot of labor.

IASW is also sheduled to be down for its holiday makeover as well.

cstephens
03-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I have heard rumors that the HMH overlay will not be at DL at all this year and is moving to WDW :mad:

I'm thinking it's WDW people who keep trying to perpetuate this rumour because they're so ticked off that we've had HMH for four years and they haven't. All of the announcements/rumours so far have been that the *event* won't be happening this year, not the overlay itself. Until I hear otherwise from a reliable source, I'm expecting to see Jack come October.

olegc
03-11-2005, 12:22 PM
according to staff during the Indiana Jones event - no there won't be a HMH event this year at DLR - but that the focus will be on WDW for an event. At least the first half of that has now been confirmed. Gee - WDW already had one for 999 happy haunts... as always, we're the black sheep.

It's nice that they will be able to use the 50th as the reason for not having it, then casually forget to reinstitute it. According to this one staffers opinion they are running out of ideas on how to keep it fresh. I kind of agree - although I always have fun.

No comment on the overlay from this staffer - but I highly doubt it would go away. Do you see the lines and crowds that the holiday overlays generate at HM and IASW? Besides, it's also a way to stagger Holiday decoration installation - no need to pay massive overtime ;-)..

Monte Cristo
03-11-2005, 01:50 PM
IASW is also sheduled to be down for its holiday makeover as well.

Brad, I haven't seen that officially scheduled anywhere yet (not that I don't believe it's happening). Your source? (I'm a Christmas fanatic, so any early confirmation that my two fav DL holiday decorations are returning is welcome news).

cstephens
03-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Gee - WDW already had one for 999 happy haunts... as always, we're the black sheep.

I'm sorry, but I so don't think that anyone can play the "poor us, we're the bastard stepchild" card on this one. We've had the overlay and event for four years. People at WDW have complained that all they get is the 999 Happy Haunts event, and that's pretty much their consolation prize because they haven't gotten HMH during these past four years.

It would seem pretty evident that the events people are in fact quite busy with everything having to do with the 50th. I would expect that as May 5 and July 17 draw ever nearer, most of the Disney company is going to eat, sleep and breathe the 50th.

And as much as I've enjoyed the HMH events, I'm not terribly sorry to see it go. Four years is a lot for the same/similar event, and yeah, I can imagine that they're running out of ideas. Many people have already complained that it's the same event every year. So keep up with the overlay for as long as they want, but I think the event has had its run.

bradk
03-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Brad, I haven't seen that officially scheduled anywhere yet (not that I don't believe it's happening). Your source?

visionsfantastic.com has it listed from 10/17 - 11/4. so presumably he's gotten it from somewhere, it's been on his site for a while (i know riderefurbs.com doesn't list it). i just noticed he also has pirates listed now for downtime in october until mid december.