PDA

View Full Version : Question about Blast!

2CN
01-01-2002, 02:13 PM
I read someplace in some thread that I can't find now that they give tickets out to get into Blast so you don't have to wait in the standby line.. how would I go about getting them? I'm going Thursday and want to catch this show, but don't want to wait if I don't have to... wish I had seen the one before- Steps In Time- since someone I know was performing in the show.

tjrj
01-01-2002, 02:21 PM
Do not miss this show-it's incredible! We were handed our tickets by 2 CM's at the enterance to Hollywood Pictures Backlot. And I saw CM's at the enterance to the theatre itself handing out tickets as well.

EandCDad
01-01-2002, 02:32 PM
They almost tackle you to get you to take Blast tickets. When we went there was a guy by the front gate dressed up like a bellhop (I think they are the Hyperion Theater uniforms) who was passing out tickets. They also had tickets at the information counter that is near the train looking thing that has all the food places (near the front gate). Finally, there were some CMs passing out tickets at the entrance of the Hollywood Pictures backlot area.

When you first walk in, ask any CM for tickets, they will point you to someone who can get them for you. You should have absolutely no problem this Thursday.

Just a note, the ticket says to get there 30 minutes ahead of time. You don't really need to. You can get there about 15 minutes ahead at the most unless it is very crowded in the park (which is unlikely on this Thursday).

2CN
01-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the help.. cant wait now.

bluepearl
01-01-2002, 09:33 PM
2CN: Have fun watching the show! The first time I saw it, I LOVED it! I'm actually going to be seeing the full version this weekend. Anyhoo...the CMs in bellhop uniforms can be very friendly when they're handing out tickets. I think some of them have competitions to give out the most tickets, so they can be really funny. I'm sure your friend in Steps in Time was really cool, but the show itself was less than fantastic. The structure and meaning seemed jumbled and all across the board to me. Hopefully your friend (as well as everyone else in the cast) has moved on to something fabulous!

2CN
01-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Yea.. she moved onto the Monster Inc show at the El Capitan, and had previously been at some show at the Fantasy Land theatre I believe before Steps In Time.

Nigel2
01-01-2002, 11:38 PM
Yeah, but according to others the director might start the show early so you should at least hang arround HPB for the 30 minutes before showtime. Also any usher that isn't right by the hyperion probably is packing FPs. (I have know idea why ushers look like bellhops, and that is how all the ushers use to look in the 50's anyway)