PDA

View Full Version : Fridays vs Sundays

GrowupDisney
03-10-2005, 06:20 AM
As a general rule in the summertime, will there be much of a difference in Friday crowds versus Sunday crowds at Disneyland/California Adventure? We're thinking about a two day trip to do Disneyland one day and California Adventure the other day, but aren't sure if we should go Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday. Or does it even matter?

sdfilmcritic
03-10-2005, 06:27 AM
To me I don't see much of a difference. I would think that Saturdays are the busiest days of the weekend. I don't have access to the admissions computers, so I don't know what the average numbers are for the weekends. I would think Friday or Monday would have the least amount of people overall.

Mommy2NicknMax
03-10-2005, 06:29 AM
We go in the summer and I'd say Friday-Saturday would be better. Just try to make sure you get to the park at opening. By lunch on Friday it will be very busy.

bradk
03-10-2005, 06:57 AM
the obvious difference to me is as far as locals go, friday is a work day for most (unless of course they have fridays off in the summer), but logistically, that should make fridays somewhat less busier than saturday/sunday, although that's not saying much because the tourists do make up for it.

justlittleoldme
03-10-2005, 07:39 AM
The last few weeks we have been going Friday evening and Sunday. Friday evening is really crowded with everyone going after work. On Sunday around 7 or 8ish, it starts to get empty. Usually DCA has no one in it for the last hour or so. My favorite time was Sunday night after fantasmic, when everyone went home but the park was still open for another hour. It was so peaceful.

MrsG
03-10-2005, 08:27 AM
I vote for Sat-Sun. Sundays are block out days for SoCal passes in most of the summer, and Friday nights are crawling with locals!

Hakuna Makarla
03-10-2005, 08:38 AM
So do you think Sunday the 3rd will be not so buisy after 9:00 pm.? I will be there in April 1,2,3,leaving on the 4th I would also want to know what days and nights will be less crowded

Terri
03-10-2005, 08:47 AM
IMHO - I tend to avoid Saturdays and holidays. After growing up in Anaheim and an alumni cast member, I found that Saturdays were hopping busy. Sundays tend to be quieter in the mornings and after 9pm. Holidays were as busy if not busier than Saturdays. Fridays tend to be really busy in the evenings and at night with the crowds picking up in the afternoons.

We'll be there over Memorial weekend and are planning to go into the park for three days - Friday, Sunday and Tuesday, avoiding Saturday and Monday. The days we don't go into the park, we are spending at the pool area at DLH with maybe a little side trip to DTD.

We are also intending on using ridemax for at least one of the days we're there to make sure we accomplish everything we want to accomplish.

Good luck with the crowds and enjoy your stay at the park! :p

Hakuna Makarla
03-10-2005, 08:53 AM
ok, I am going directly into the park when I arrive ( about 10:00 am) on friday, I will leave the park by 5:00 and shop some at the anaheim market place, have dinner and go back in for some fun and a movie and down town disney. Saturday get there early and run and play stay til closing ( midnight). Sunday get there early and stay until closing ( midnight :) ) then sleep in until 11:00 am and fly out to home :)