PDA

View Full Version : Single rider lines -- do I go in these?

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
03-09-2005, 05:33 PM
I will be going alone, and would like to ride the rides so do I go on with a group or do I get into some special line? I did not see a spcial line last time I went, please explain :)

Captain Josh
03-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I'd reccomend taking a Single Rider Line as much as possible. It should be more or less clearly marked if a Single Rider Line is available. Just ask the attending CM at the entrance. I used to take advantage for Single Rider Lines for Indy, and ride at least 5 times a day, though now it seems they seem to have discontinued Single Riders at Indy.

Drince88
03-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Only certain rides have single rider lines (which is maybe why you didn't see them) - some you have to ask the CM about - the DL regulars here can answer that - but whether or not you "get" to sit with complete strangers depends on the attraction. Doom Buggies - you'll get one by yourself. Tower of Terror, you'll probably be next to a stranger. IF there are single riders available - go for it, it (generally) makes the wait shorter.

Hakuna Makarla
03-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Indy, do I ride alone or with a stranger?

Drince88
03-09-2005, 05:49 PM
It'd be with strangers (I think there are 16 people in a car (4 rows of 4, or maybe 3 rows of 4) - Capt Josh could/should correct me, since it's been eons (>3 years) since I've been on Indy.

stan4d_steph
03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Indy, do I ride alone or with a stranger?The vehicles hold 16 people. You won't be by yourself.

SCUBAbe

with strangers, but it's fun..:)

Captain Josh
On Indy, they would cram you in whereever there was space. This is the standard operating procedure for Single Riders. They will put you on the next available single space to fill up ride vehicles.

As of late however, Single Rider distributions have been cancelled at Indy, ever since they re-worked how the line breaks down.

SoCalSteven
03-09-2005, 05:51 PM
I thought there were three rows of four on Indy. Is my memory that poor?

Captain Josh
03-09-2005, 05:56 PM
I thought there were three rows of four on Indy. Is my memory that poor?
No, you're right...

3 rows of 4 seats, and the prime seats are the very edges on either the front or back row. This is just a personal observation, probably not true.

SoCalSteven
03-09-2005, 06:00 PM
No, you're right...

3 rows of 4 seats, and the prime seats are the very edges on either the front or back row. This is just a personal observation, probably not true.
IMHO front outsides provide the best view and back outsides provide the best ride. It can be a bit rough in the back though.

sdfilmcritic
03-09-2005, 11:25 PM
FYI: The single rider lines have been slowly removed from a lot of the big name attractions. Indy stopped doing the single rider line all together around nine months ago.

Wesley815
03-10-2005, 02:20 AM
FYI: The single rider lines have been slowly removed from a lot of the big name attractions. Indy stopped doing the single rider line all together around nine months ago.Yep... and there was a lot of people abusing them. Such as going in groups of two or more down the "single" rider line and then causing a fight/disagrement with the CM's in the station when they wern't allowed to ride together. Same goes for the whole "rider switch pass" being abused as well by teens or guests who aren't even switching rides with anyone except to cut in line. It's just ashame that ideas put in place to help certain guests have to always be abused so much that they get taken away.

CrazyTrain
03-10-2005, 09:59 AM
jennyren posted this awhile ago, in reply to my question about what rides had them...

In DL are the only single rider I can think of is Splash Mountain. When you go single rider on Splash you go through the exit. In CA Adventure, Soarin, Grizzley River Run and Screamin are teh only single riders (I think). The only ones i did single rider on were Soarin and Screamin. In both of these you go up to the CM working the fast pass or standing in front of the ride and ask them for a single rider. Normaly they'll give you a slip of paper and direct you where to go. It's totally worth it for all the rides. Sometimes you do have to wait a while but its nothing compared to the Standby line. Have a great time!

DLRCM
03-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Yup.. It is true. Only Splash has single rider now...

Hakuna Makarla
03-10-2005, 11:31 AM
No biggie, I am not afraid to sit with any one, I was just wondering what I do. thanks guys!

adriennek
03-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Same goes for the whole "rider switch pass" being abused as well by teens or guests who aren't even switching rides with anyone except to cut in line. It's just ashame that ideas put in place to help certain guests have to always be abused so much that they get taken away.

I totally agree- How do the teens abuse rider switch, though? Because everytime I've used it I've had to be there with my children and the group going on the ride.

As a parent, I really appreciate Rider Switch and we always try to be super polite with CMs when we're using it!

Adrienne

Niwel
03-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Check out this on
solo (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040713sl.htm) visiting. It has the whole breakdown. :)

Hakuna Makarla
03-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Check out this on
solo (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040713sl.htm) visiting. It has the whole breakdown. :)

Awsome! I went and read the whole thing. so you are the one that wrote it? great and very informative!!

Niwel
03-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Awsome! I went and read the whole thing. so you are the one that wrote it? great and very informative!!

Yup, Twas I... :) Hope it helps...

Wendi
03-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Karla, it never hurts to ask the greeter CM at any ride if they offer single rider lines. When Max was 8-months-old I went with him and my mom, we used single rider and rider switch passes a lot, it was great and all of the CMs were very helpful when we asked. At that time I didn't know which rides issued either type of pass, so I just asked... worked out great!

Saddlesore Swanson
03-10-2005, 04:01 PM
I've (happily) used single-rider benefits at Soarin' recently (not marked, just go up to the fast pass entrance and ask the CM)... and hope to use it at Splash Mountain once the that Laughing Place is open again... Niwel! thanks for that link. I'm at Disneyland on the solo creep (that's rap slang for being a loner) every weekend ... and I love it!

kbanmen
03-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Love the singel rider thing.. no wait time hardley... I use it whenever possible

CrazyTrain
03-11-2005, 08:24 AM
That looks like a great article! Thanks! :)

pisces
03-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Um, I don't mean to be a spoil sport; but, Single Riders on Soarin get the absolute worst seats.

It makes sense. If you've been standing in line an awful long time......you might as well get the best of the best. Why should someone who just waltzes up get rewarded even more with prime seating?

SOLUTION: Do the special 9:00 am Soarin ride that comes with the early California Adventure Tour......before the rest of the California Adventure Park opens. Everyone who goes on the special Tour gets the good Soarin seats.