PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Gold Stuff Popping Up...

Stupid_American
03-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Where the Pooh drinking fountains always gold?

http://homepage.mac.com/stupid_american/gold.jpg

SoCalDude
03-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Dunno about those - but we were on small world today and noticed there were some chess figures in gold that I swear were not there before. I would have got a pic of them - but I am one of the few who listen to the "no flash pictures" thing :eek:

AND as I posted about last week the Mark Twain is getting painted now, the smokestacks are all covered up! whoooo-hooooooo!

nsyncitnd1787
03-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Where the Pooh drinking fountains always gold?

they were probably the silver color all the rest of the water fountains are. they are probably just painting those to add the extra little details for the 50th. they look nice though.

uvsc_wolverine
03-09-2005, 09:25 PM
They do look recently painted...

tjaa
03-09-2005, 09:32 PM
they were probably the silver color all the rest of the water fountains are. they are probably just painting those to add the extra little details for the 50th. they look nice though.

Let the 50th begin :) Hope to see Gold EVERYWHERE !!!

KeithOfTerror
03-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Y'know, for a fiftieth anniversary, they're aiming kinda small here...

SoCalDude
03-09-2005, 09:53 PM
AND as I posted about last week the Mark Twain is getting painted now, the smokestacks are all covered up! whoooo-hooooooo!

And a pic to show:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/mfuss903/Disneyland/03-10-05/31005_011.jpg

nsyncitnd1787
03-09-2005, 10:09 PM

it's all in the details! gold everywhere is great, but i think it is more sophistocated if it is sprinkled around the park (like pixie dust). that's just my opinion.

DaddyB
03-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Kinda' funny when you remember that they didn't have operational drinking fountains back when Disneyland opened in '55.

tjaa
03-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Small start is good, lots of time left... Lets hope we see (much) more GOLD.....

Disney Vault
03-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Small start is good, lots of time left... Lets hope we see (much) more GOLD.....
I want it to look classy though so I hope they wont put it everywhere and instead just continue doing the small gold touches.

disneyperson
03-10-2005, 12:31 PM
just wait until you see the shiny gold toilets!

danyoung
03-10-2005, 01:07 PM

That's thanks to many years of management who didn't begin to understand the importance of the 50th, or what it took to impress long time park stormers. Current management has done a herculean job at turning things around in a limited time and a very limited budget. Still, it would have been nice to have 2 or 3 totally new E-ticket attractions for this monumentous date. Oh well. . . . .

davebert4
03-10-2005, 01:53 PM
just wait until you see the shiny gold toilets!
http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSWeirdNewsImages01/0223_toilet.jpg:rolleyes:

bradk
03-10-2005, 01:55 PM
i think i'm more fascinated by the gold toilet paper.

Opus1guy
03-10-2005, 02:00 PM
DaddyB notes:
Kinda' funny when you remember that they didn't have operational drinking fountains back when Disneyland opened in '55.

Directly related to that is one of my favorite Walt stories and quotes.

In a review of Opening Day at Disneyland, a newspaper reporter criticized and accused Walt of deliberately excluding water fountains from his park in order to sell more Coke and Pepsi. Walt responded to the paper by detailing the infamous plumber's strike and how he had to make a decision between having water fountains or toilets in time for Opening Day.

"Folks can always buy a Coke...but they can't pee in the street!"

:)

kristen
03-10-2005, 02:22 PM
i SOOOO agree!!! It should have been something like: For the fiftieth (which is only celebrated at DisneyLAND ANAHEIM, as it is THEIR birthday) we will be reopening space mountain, new and improved, everything is repainted, there are two new parades, Buzz lightyear opens, there will be murals across the park AND *** The people mover will reopen and the tahitian grill (name?) will reopen and there will be more street performers all year (like the mime and other cool guys) and there will be....okay, i'll let it go....