PDA

View Full Version : Getting bumped out of the Carousel Motel

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-09-2005, 03:09 PM
I just have to vent......we were scheduled to check into the Carousel next Thursday and today after lunch at work they call to tell me that because of a COMPUTER GLITCH we are getting bumped out of the Carousel and being sent to the Annabelle....Thanks to the other thread that I started I soon realized how FAR the Annabelle is. I called Carousel and asked for Corina (the person who called me). I got the RUN AROUND for 1/2 hour saying she was away or on the phone and was put on hold FOREVER..I hung up and called back and LOW AND BEHOLD SHE ANSWERED THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told her that I felt we shouldn't be bumped because I made my reservations WAY BACK IN APRIL 2004 AND I just emailed them a couple of weeks ago to confirm my reservations and they told me ALL WAS OK....but now she is claiming a computer glitch. She offered me a gift certificate for a one night future stay at their hotel (whoever would want to go back after this is beyond me!!). When I refused that she said that she'd reduce our rate to $59 a night at the Annabelle. I went for that since I'm thinking maybe we should drive to DL and it cost $10 FOR PARKING!!!!....CAROUSEL NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

adriennek
03-09-2005, 03:36 PM
This is why I won't stay at the Anaheim Hilton. They do this all the time. We have an annual conference that we attend at the Anaheim Convention Center. One year we went to check in and they were sending people to another Hilton property over a mile away. We purposely booked at the Hilton to be AT the Convention Center AT the Convention, not using shuttle buses. That year we were not bumped.

The next year we tried to book at the Marriott but they were full. When we went to check in at the Hilton, we were bumped to the Anaheim Marriott!!! My mom started to complain so I pulled her aside and said: Listen, we WANTED the Marriott, hold tight. We did end up getting two free nights- FREE nights at the Marriott- for two rooms, one was HCA and the other was a King non-smoking (we had very specific needs- I was pregnant and my mom's friend needs HCA facilities. My mom's group stayed a third night and paid the original Hilton rate for it.)

Yes, we had free rooms, but the stress of it all isn't worth it. I'm sorry this happened but at least you know ahead of time to prepare? The Hilton doesn't give forewarning!

Adrienne

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-09-2005, 03:53 PM
This is why I won't stay at the Anaheim Hilton. They do this all the time. We have an annual conference that we attend at the Anaheim Convention Center. One year we went to check in and they were sending people to another Hilton property over a mile away. We purposely booked at the Hilton to be AT the Convention Center AT the Convention, not using shuttle buses. That year we were not bumped.

The next year we tried to book at the Marriott but they were full. When we went to check in at the Hilton, we were bumped to the Anaheim Marriott!!! My mom started to complain so I pulled her aside and said: Listen, we WANTED the Marriott, hold tight. We did end up getting two free nights- FREE nights at the Marriott- for two rooms, one was HCA and the other was a King non-smoking (we had very specific needs- I was pregnant and my mom's friend needs HCA facilities. My mom's group stayed a third night and paid the original Hilton rate for it.)

Yes, we had free rooms, but the stress of it all isn't worth it. I'm sorry this happened but at least you know ahead of time to prepare? The Hilton doesn't give forewarning!

Adrienne

Thanks...I guess at least the hotel is IN THE VICINITY...I'm telling my husband that maybe we'll drive to the resort and pay the $10 parking fee :mad:..since some of the reviews say that it is not a really great area to be walking around at night!!! AND the shuttles tend to be crowded at the end of the day....I guess there goes are mid-day break!!!!! :mad:

Andrew
03-09-2005, 03:56 PM
You won't have any trouble walking to or from the Resort (DtD) to the Annabella; it's right on the corner of Disneyland Drive and Katella. There are always people around and it's well lit. So at least you can rest easy about that.

Crazy4DL
03-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks...I guess at least the hotel is IN THE VICINITY...I'm telling my husband that maybe we'll drive to the resort and pay the $10 parking fee :mad:..since some of the reviews say that it is not a really great area to be walking around at night!!! AND the shuttles tend to be crowded at the end of the day....I guess there goes are mid-day break!!!!! :mad:

I would not rent a car - it is a walkable trek - it did seem a bit long to me but I am way older than you (I am assuming since your dd is 6 and mine is 28 :) but it was easy to take the ART - IMHO that would be easier than renting a car and having to drive a few blocks to the parking garage and then catch a tram to DLs main gate. The weather will be nice when you are there - we had rather cold weather and some rain when we walked it in Dec 03 - and we had 4 kids under the age of 5 with us so we were pushing 3 strollers, which was the big reason the ART system was a bit of a pain - getting on and off the trollys with stollers adds a whole new deminision to the trip :~D Anyway if I were you I would pay for ART and use that for the trip if walking gets to be too much. I really like the tip on taking the short cut through GC - we did not know the shortcut until later. Hope all goes well - you will have lots of fun - don't let this silly hotel thing dampen your excitment. rrazey

edited: to add - we did not ever feel unsafe on our walks back - even late at night - maybe we were just silly country folks with no clue????

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks Rrazey....I REALLY appreciate your kind and GREAT advice...THANK YOU. Hope all goes well...although...the weather will be COLD to us...coming from 80 degrees and today we have 90% humidity :eek:

Crazy4DL
03-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks Rrazey....I REALLY appreciate your kind and GREAT advice...THANK YOU. Hope all goes well...although...the weather will be COLD to us...coming from 80 degrees and today we have 90% humidity :eek:

oh opps - guess whether or not the weather is "warm" or not does depend on what you are use to!! :)

CrazyTrain
03-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Is it too late to cancel the resvations there and just stay somewhere else?

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Is it too late to cancel the resvations there and just stay somewhere else?

I was thinking that same thought last night and started to look on some websites but the hotels are mostly booked due to spring brake. I was going to do more research today.

yellowrosedtxn
03-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I was looking for something and stumbled upon this link:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

I am not sure I am allowed to post this here or not, but this shows hotels/motels and restaurants around the DLR. It might give you a better idea of where the hotel you are staying at is.

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I was looking for something and stumbled upon this link:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

I am not sure I am allowed to post this here or not, but this shows hotels/motels and restaurants around the DLR. It might give you a better idea of where the hotel you are staying at is.

Thank you but I printed that out yesterday. From being right by the crosswalk and a few steps to the entrance plaza to being all the way in the back of the park and a MUCH longer walk is REALLY a bummers....but my DH said who know, we may like it better there and the walk may not be sooo bad.

Today, I checked Travel Hero and my original reservations for Carousel were still on there so I cancelled it because I did not want to see that charge show up on my credit card. About 1/2 hr later that same lady from Carousel calls and asks if I was cancelling my reservations all together or if I still wanted the Annabella...I told her I still wanted the Annabella...At least she called because I can't find any other rooms available...I'm going to call the Annabella later today to make sure they still have my reservations otherwise I'll be MAD and will have to camp out in Disneyland :mad:

Rallymonkey23
03-10-2005, 11:42 AM
I'll be MAD and will have to camp out in Disneyland :mad:

Whats wrong with that?! :fez:

adriennek
03-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Re: walking:

I do not think you should be concerned about safety walking from the Anabella to DL, if you choose to walk. One year we stayed at the PPH for our conference and walked down Katella and DL Drive several times a day. Stay on the lighted sidewalks and you should be fine.

These are busy, well-lit streets. Just use common sense and you should be fine.

Adrienne

Hakuna Makarla
03-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Adrianne is it safe to walk late when I get out of the park down harbor. I see my motel is a bit farther then my last stay at the carousel. midnight is scary to walk any where, will I be ok? I am alone this trip :)

kijay
03-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Give the Anabella a chance. We stayed there a few years ago on our last trip and it is a wonderful hotel. I would kill to get the Anabella for $59 a night. You will find it far superior to the Carousel. We drove in every day, so I can't vouch for the walking time, but it certainly seems manageable. I can't believe the Carousel is doing this to you though. Seems like a pretty sorry way to do business if you ask me. Well, good luck and hope you enjoy your trip. :)

TempoNZ
03-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Last time I was at Disneyland we stayed at Anabella and had a great time. We walked back and worth from the parks a number of times (Both night and day) without any problems. Also the trollys are pretty good and seemed to go every 10 to 15 minutes or so. All in all I think you'll have a great time.

AB29
03-11-2005, 01:16 AM
just a quick note, there is a walk in gate almost across the street from the Anabella that lets you have access to Timon Lot, and ride the Lion King Tram to the Main Gate....not too bad really

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-11-2005, 10:37 AM
just a quick note, there is a walk in gate almost across the street from the Anabella that lets you have access to Timon Lot, and ride the Lion King Tram to the Main Gate....not too bad really

A MILLION THANK YOU's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MP DOES IT AGAIN!!!!!

The_Admiral
03-14-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm joining this thread late, but I'm in the same situation with the Carousel, except they moved me to the Candlewood Suites. I've given in to the fact that nothing is going to change. Now I'm wondering, how's the walk in terms of distance and safety? Is Disney Way as well lit as Katella? Any thoughts on the subject would be great.

SCUBAbe
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Adrianne is it safe to walk late when I get out of the park down harbor. I see my motel is a bit farther then my last stay at the carousel. midnight is scary to walk any where, will I be ok? I am alone this trip :)

I feel it's safe. I would be aware of your surroundings, but there are lots of people walking back to their rooms even at midnight. :)