PDA

View Full Version : Annabella Hotel

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-09-2005, 02:06 PM
EEEKKK...I just got a call from the Carousel and they must be overbooked because they are CHANGING our reservations for next week to the ANNABELLE HOTEL at our same rate!!! :eek: Has anyone stayed here???? Is it far from the entrance????

Wendi
03-09-2005, 02:10 PM
The Annabella is nicer than Carousel... consider yourself fortunate for the overbooking!!!

Mommy2NicknMax
03-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Here's (http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html) a map that will show you. It may be a nicer hotel but it's a longer walk. I think they could've dropped the price just a bit to make up for that fact.

MOUSELUVR
03-09-2005, 02:13 PM
The Annabella is nicer than Carousel... consider yourself fortunate for the overbooking!!!

May be a little nicer, but it is definately further away, around the corner on Katella maybe?? Not sure of the street....right across from Ca Adventure, but no entrance on that side. :rolleyes:

Wendi
03-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Hit them up for free ART passes since they're moving you.

Andrew
03-09-2005, 02:16 PM
It is a much farther walk. You can take the ART shuttle if you want to pay for it, or walk it. If you do decide to walk, here's a tip: instead of going north on Disneyland Drive all the way to Downtown Disney (near the AMC), enter the lobby of the Grand Californian and use the Downtown Disney exit. You'll save quite a bit of time with that shortcut.

Edit to add: I agree with Wendi; tell the Carousel you want them to pick up the cost of the ART shuttle.

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Here's (http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html) a map that will show you. It may be a nicer hotel but it's a longer walk. I think they could've dropped the price just a bit to make up for that fact.
NOW I'M MAD...we picked the Carousel because of the CLOSE walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy4DL
03-09-2005, 02:20 PM
We stayed at the Anabella Christmas 2003 - it was okay. I haven't stayed at the Carousel so don't know if it is nicer or not. The Anabella is not as close - of course you can catch the ART (for a price) right at the front of the hotel. We walked it several times rather than take the sleeping babies/children out of their strollers to board the trolley - it is quite a hike. The Anabella is opposite CA Screamin roller coaster but you have to walk around CA one way or the other to get tp the gates of DL. That walk might not be too bad - now that I think of it it was also rather cold and rained one day when we were there - which made the walk seem longer. Well anyway - it is NOT as close as the Carousel - I know that ;)

Crazy4DL
03-09-2005, 02:25 PM
a tip: instead of going north on Disneyland Drive all the way to Downtown Disney (near the AMC), enter the lobby of the Grand Californian and use the Downtown Disney exit. You'll save quite a bit of time with that shortcut.

Good Tip!!

Edit to add: I agree with Wendi; tell the Carousel you want them to pick up the cost of the ART shuttle.

I agree too!!!!

bradk
03-09-2005, 03:30 PM
EEEKKK...I just got a call from the Carousel and they must be overbooked because they are CHANGING our reservations for next week to the ANNABELLE HOTEL at our same rate!!! :eek: Has anyone stayed here???? Is it far from the entrance????

what dates do you have? i have carousel for 5/21 - 5/24 so just wondering if i should expect a call (i see they're booked for those dates now). plus i still have reservations at hojo so i don't wanna cancel those if i end up being moved from carousel.

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-09-2005, 03:51 PM
what dates do you have? i have carousel for 5/21 - 5/24 so just wondering if i should expect a call (i see they're booked for those dates now). plus i still have reservations at hojo so i don't wanna cancel those if i end up being moved from carousel.

We HAD reservations for March 17 to the 24....see my other thread...I made the reservations last April AND emailed them a couple of weeks ago to reconfirm because I knew it would be busy for spring break AND it was booked on their website for awhile....All was well until today...I would go with the Hojo....the rooms at Carousel suck but it is convenient. We stayed there in 2003 and 2004 and never had this problem. I was going to make a reservation for 2006 but now I'll be looking somewhere else. :mad:

bradk
03-09-2005, 04:08 PM
yeah, i saw your other post after. sorry about all that.

i did make the hojo reservations first. i knew it was a small trek to the park, but undeniably worth it, especially at $50 a night. however, i don't require much in the way of accomodations and for only a total difference of $20, i'm attracted to the idea of being across from the park. and really, i haven't heard that many bad things about carousel, so i think i'll stay there, but i don't want to give up hojo right now then end up losing carousel and have nothing in the end.

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Glad to SHARE my experience :rolleyes: so that HOPEFULLY NOTHING happens to you...Have a GREAT trip....

Hakuna Makarla
03-09-2005, 04:59 PM
We HAD reservations for March 17 to the 24....see my other thread...I made the reservations last April AND emailed them a couple of weeks ago to reconfirm because I knew it would be busy for spring break AND it was booked on their website for awhile....All was well until today...I would go with the Hojo....the rooms at Carousel suck but it is convenient. We stayed there in 2003 and 2004 and never had this problem. I was going to make a reservation for 2006 but now I'll be looking somewhere else. :mad:

That stinks! for one thing that was almost a year ago, you should not have been bumped! Man I would demand a free room and free shuttle service, darn them!!

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-09-2005, 05:26 PM
That stinks! for one thing that was almost a year ago, you should not have been bumped! Man I would demand a free room and free shuttle service, darn them!!

I complained and first she offered me a gift certificate for ONE FREE night for a FUTURE stay with them...who would want to take the chance again?!?!?! Then after more complaining she offered $59/night at the Annabella....I took that. BUT I called the Annabella reservations and found out that they don't have me at $59 and said CAROUSEL needs to contact them AND their manager. In the meantime, I get an email from Carousel giving me my confirmation number and showing the rate at $59. I emailed them right back to tell them that I just called Annabella and they don't have us down at $59. Carousel emails me back and says that they will make sure the manager gets the request TOMORROW...... :rolleyes:

I'll go home today and have some wine and chill about this whole thing...I'm not going to let it ruin my vacation....at least we are going...we were scheduled to go to Reno and San Francisco on 9/12/01....of course that is the day after 9/11 so our flight and ENTIRE vacation got cancelled so that was a big BUMMERS.....speaking of which.....Karla I'm reading your thread about your tickets and that is a BIG BUMMERS TOO...I REALLY hope you can clear it up and have the greatest vacation that you deserve!!!!

...anyway...time to go home now and get off this board...and pour me my much needed glass of wine.....THANKS ALL for letting me vent...what a day!!!

TrekkieDad
03-09-2005, 08:02 PM
I stayed at the Annabella in 2001 while attending a conference at the convention center. It was a nice room, and I was able to park right in front of the door. (That made it convenient for keeping my bike in the room.)

The walk to the GCH Lobby isn't that bad, and the sidewalk is well-landscaped. It may also be possible to ride the tram from the parking lot across the street, but I didn't try that.

I believe breakfast came with the room--I seem to recall a nice breakfast buffet in the on-site restaurant.

Crazy4DL
03-09-2005, 09:16 PM
I stayed at the Annabella in 2001 while attending a conference at the convention center. It was a nice room, and I was able to park right in front of the door. (That made it convenient for keeping my bike in the room.)

The walk to the GCH Lobby isn't that bad, and the sidewalk is well-landscaped. It may also be possible to ride the tram from the parking lot across the street, but I didn't try that.

I believe breakfast came with the room--I seem to recall a nice breakfast buffet in the on-site restaurant.

We did not have breakfast include in Dec-Jan of 2003-04 so it doesn't look like they are doing the breakfast any longer - just so you know.

John
03-16-2005, 08:32 PM
I stayed at the Annabella my last three trips. Twice I had a mini-suite which has a nice separate bedroom to stash my brother. It’s a short j-walk across Katella through a gate in the south fence and a short walk across the parking log to catch a tram. Piece of cake! Enjoy!

The Mouse Is Back
03-16-2005, 09:24 PM
What John said is worth repeating - just walk across Katella, go to the Timon parking lot, and catch the tram. You'll be at the turnstiles in no time.

-Allegra-

Crazy4DL
03-16-2005, 09:25 PM
I stayed at the Annabella my last three trips. Twice I had a mini-suite which has a nice separate bedroom to stash my brother. It’s a short j-walk across Katella through a gate in the south fence and a short walk across the parking log to catch a tram. Piece of cake! Enjoy!

If only I had checked this site before our trip Christmas 03!! ;)