PDA

View Full Version : Parking garage hours?

miss bianca
03-09-2005, 09:54 AM
If DL opens at 9am - what is the earliest we can park at the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure?

Also the DL website hours are down - anyone have the hours for 5/13/05 handy?

JivinJungleSkipper85
03-09-2005, 12:29 PM
If DL opens at 9am - what is the earliest we can park at the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure?

I'm not 100% sure...but I think that you can begin parking 1-2 hours before the parks opening...as for closing, my friends and I usually leave our cars in the garage and walk across the street to IHOP and we don't return to the cars until 3am to the opening of the park the next day sometimes...

Someone wanna double check me on this?

GrowupDisney
03-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Last time we were there, park opened at 8am. I'd assumed we'd be able to park after 7am, that's when we arrived at the structure. Wrong. We waited in line until the garage opened, 7:15-7:30ish if memory serves. Initially we were ticked to have to wait for the garage to open, but in the end, arriving early scored us an awesome parking spot with barely any walk at all to the trams.

EandCDad
03-09-2005, 01:15 PM

I seem to remember getting their at about 7:50 one time the park opened at 9 and the structure wasn't open yet. So I'm gonna say an hour before the opening time.

CrazyTrain
03-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Hey, Jonno, is that IHOP regularly open that late? My friends and I have had a hard time finding late night restaurants in that area. (Other than, bleh, Denny's).

JivinJungleSkipper85
03-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey, Jonno, is that IHOP regularly open that late? My friends and I have had a hard time finding late night restaurants in that area. (Other than, bleh, Denny's).

Yeah, they're 24 hours I believe...it's the one right across from the 15 minute drop off point on Harbor...

My group is there in the back nearly EVERY Saturday night (save for one or two rare occasions)...

Stupid_American
03-09-2005, 05:47 PM

DLR's posted hours are 9am until midnight, May 13th.
The "official" openning time for the parking structure is "1 hour before the park opens".
But, stuff sometimes happens.

capst
03-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Every time I've gone early, the garage has opened 30 minutes before the park.

sdfilmcritic
03-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Every time I've gone early, the garage has opened 30 minutes before the park.I think this is correct. They open it 30 minutes prior to DL's opening.

miss bianca
03-10-2005, 07:05 AM
so if it opens 30 mins before DL opens:
is that:
30 mins before Main St opens?
- or-
30 mins before the entire Park Opens?

Thanks All :)

bradk
03-10-2005, 07:10 AM
i would assume it's before the posted opening time for the entire park. the main street opening is somewhat unofficial, not unlike allowing access to soarin' and TOT in DCA half an hour before opening. it's an unpublished benefit to getting to the park early.

mind you there's nothing wrong with getting there an hour early and having to wait too, you'll still get there before many others do.

Stupid_American
03-10-2005, 07:47 AM
The reason I stated the "official" time for the structure to open is because there was an occasion, about a year back, that I desired to enter AEAP.
I called ahead and was told that "the parking stucture opens 1 hour before the park".

BTW, on that day, the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure opened within minutes of 1 hour before the park.
I got there a half hour before that and I was about 5th, in one of 2 lines.