PDA

View Full Version : Concierge Service @ DLH

ima_mickeyfan
03-09-2005, 09:21 AM
I just booked a suite at the DLH and asked about the concierge service and the rep. from the DTC said that they can't add it and she didn't know why, but did suggest I call the hotel for this..I did so and they transfered me back to reservations at the travel co. now does anyone know if this service is automatic with the suites, since they are so spendy? did I mention that we are going to be in a suite for 6 nights? paying big $$'s I think we should be allowed to the concierge lounge for snacks and stuff. What kinds of things can they have ready in our room for the kid's suprise also? We are celebrating our "family Birthday" the adoption of our 4 children.
any advise or information would be appreciated.

03-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Welcome to MousePad, ima_mickeyfan! You'll get great answers to your questions here.

At the DLR, money talks. Most everything is expensive. If you want it, you pretty much have to pay (through the nose) for it.

But good luck to you and your kids. Have a terrific time!

dlandnut
03-09-2005, 10:35 AM
We have stayed at the DLH on two different occasions where we had a suite, because there were 14 of us. However, the concierge was IN ADDITION to the price. You're right. It's very pricey. In our case, it was worth it, however, because out of the 14 of us, 9 were teenagers, so bottomless pits were common, and concierge keeps them loaded with cereals and rolls for breakfast, plus all the pop and bottled water you can keep. We're going in June, however, and this time have opted for just paying for separate (but adjoining) rooms (not suites), and no concierge. A little disappointing after living "high off the hog", but so much cheaper. Anyway, enjoy your suite and the space you'll enjoy. It'll be worth it. :)

Daveylegs
03-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Bottom line, is concierge service worth it? I was considering the service on my next trip (this November). The difference is roughly $450 for a 4 night stay. Will I get my $450's worth? I've never stayed in the concierge floor before.

wabby1
03-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Whether or not its worth it would depend on how many individuals are going to be using the service. We've had our entire family there where there has been 14 of us...and to us, it was worth it. For example, we all ate at Goofy's Kitchen the first night we were there, and it was over $300 for all of us. We definitely took advantage of the concierge service, especially for breakfast.

Family5LovesDisney
03-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Bottom line, is concierge service worth it? I was considering the service on my next trip (this November). The difference is roughly $450 for a 4 night stay. Will I get my $450's worth? I've never stayed in the concierge floor before. It's doubtful that you will eat $450 worth in four nights! But if you want something really special then it's worth it! I upgraded to the concierge service at the Grand Flordian in WDW when I surprised my husband for his 40th birthday and it was really nice. I'm positive we didn't get our "money's worth" if I were to add up the food and drink we took but the concierge lounge was so nice and it made my husband feel extra special!

adriennek
03-09-2005, 02:02 PM
I upgraded to the concierge service at the Grand Flordian in WDW when I surprised my husband for his 40th birthday and it was really nice. I'm positive we didn't get our "money's worth" if I were to add up the food and drink we took but the concierge lounge was so nice and it made my husband feel extra special!

Now, I've never done concierge at WDW so I have no personal experience to compare. I've spoken to people who have stayed concierge at Anaheim and Orlando who say that Anaheim PALES in comparison to the experience in Orlando.

Lani wrote this article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/concierge.htm) about staying concierge in Anaheim.

Adrienne

dlfanshl
03-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I booked a two bedroom suite thru WDT-AAA at the end of January. However, since the 1st of February they don't have the option on either the WDT or AAA web sites. We have a party of 10 and feel that $125 per day or $12.50 per person is a gret deal. We have had conceirge service in the past. Last year we did not. We took a vote to go on another cruise and Disneyland or a Suite with conceirge and the suite won 10-0. Have a great trip and congratulations on your new family.

Shel :)

dsny1mom
03-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Currently conceirge service is not included in the price of a suite. It was included awhile back however that only lasted a year or so.

There were massive over crowding problems in the lounge when the service was a freebee to the suite guests. There is a max capacity for the service and when you have suites with bunchs of people using the lounge ONTOP of those that have paid for the use of the lounge you end up with lots of disatisfied conceirge guests. Hence it is now a pay by day service just like it is for any other room, regardless of its size and layout.

Some feel it is worth the price others feel it isn't. I feel it *IS* worth the price and stay conceirge at the DLH. Our next stay will be for 16 nights. There will be 5 adults in our party. Breakfast for 5 adults would run, what, about $50 a day? We are a VERY thirsty group and drink on average about 10 waters/sodas a day per person. So $2.50 Xs 10, that's $25 a day, Xs 5 people, equals another $125 a day. Then there are the evening hordourves and wine, that if you time it right your need for a big evening meal will be cut down to a snack or smaller meal. So money wise it is worth it for my party.

Hope this was of some help.

dsny1mom

ima_mickeyfan
03-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks for all the info. I think if it's only $12.50 pp a day, I just might go for it.. heck I would spend that much if not more in the park just for water for 1 child.

dsny1mom
03-09-2005, 06:57 PM
I think Shell mentioned the 12.50 pp a day price. That price was based on her group having 10 people in it, as the cost is $125 a day. Maybe you'll have 10 in your group and that will be your price pp too. Just wanted to make sure you knew you pay by the day regardless of how many are in your party.

dsny1mom

BayAreaDisneyFan
03-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Personally I don't think the concierge suite is worth it. We did it our first visit, and found it to be tremendously oversold. On the plus side it had a great view of the fireworks with the sound piped in to the suite. On the minus side, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a table each time we stopped in, and it just felt like a ripoff to pay so much to elbow your way through a thousand people to score a slice of dry toast and a warm bottle of water.

It seemed everyone loaded up on the drinks to get their money's worth, so the CMs were conctantly restocking the fridge with warm drinks. Dessert plates were quickly picked over, and snacks were unremarkable.

Oh, another plus...the actual "concierge" in the suite did seem to have some pull in hooking us up with last-minute dinner reservations.

ima_mickeyfan
03-10-2005, 07:38 AM
ok, I get it now!! lol $125 per day...that's about 20 pp in our group, I still think that may be worth it just for the water & soda prices in the park and grab a few snacks and fruit for the kids to munch on...i think I'm sold....