PDA

View Full Version : My must-see rides and attractions

Hakuna Makarla
03-08-2005, 03:00 PM
I have got to go on indy, also tot again. I want to see the haunted mansion and also the tiki room,the big thunder mountain railroad.that was down last time we were there and also star tours. I missed 50 % of the park last time and never got to see so much. I am writing down bits of info so I can find things ( like the popcorn by splash) by the way will splash be open when I go on April 1st?
what else is must see so I do not forget?

rentayenta
03-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Well, I'm not sure what you did last time but here are a few of my musts:

Tiki Room
The MSEP in DCA
The Animation Buliding
Strolling down Main St. and shopping
IASW at night
POTC
Matterhorn at night
BTMRR during the fireworks-awesome!
caramel apple from Pooh's Corner (I think that's the name of the store in Critter Country)
having popcorn and an icey cold Coke in NOS
Walking through the castle to get to FantasyLand

Hakuna Makarla
03-08-2005, 03:11 PM
sounds awsome! The only ride I am staying away from is matterhorn, that was to rough and even though it fixed my back I am afraid it wood put it out of wack again if I attempted to go on it. That was one rough ride! I forgot IASW yes that is also a must see! I am staying in that park until midnight!! :)

Mommy2NicknMax
03-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Karla,
Can you get a guide book? That helps a ton! I have the Birnbaum's one. Or check out the Disneyland website and go by land to see all the attractions and shops, shows, etc. I really swear by my list of "must dos" while I'm there. Of course my list also has all the food I want to eat thanks to this wonderful site and all the food threads!!!

wabby1
03-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Here's my must-do list:

POTC
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Soarin' Over California
Peter Pan
Disneyland Railroad
Matterhorn
A Bug's Life
Big Thunder Railroad

I should say that with this upcoming trip, I'm looking forward to shop around the shops and take in some the eats that I've missed in the past. For example, I can't wait to try the bacon-wrapped asparagus, and the corndogs....AND.....hopefully, if it works out....CLUB 33!!

bradk
03-08-2005, 05:26 PM
the only attractions that should be closed on april 1st are jungle cruise and space mountain. there are a few going offline on 4/4.

i have to respectfully disagree on the birnbaum book. i hated it. it's chockful of missing, bad and outdated information (and it's disney endorsed to boot).

i would 3/4-heartedly recommend the unofficial guide though, especially as far as ride information is concerned. the only plus is the coupons in the back.

i also don't find disneyland.com to be very informative on rides either.

i'd also spend a lot of time looking at http://www.visionsfantastic.com for ride information (not to mention videos and audio clips)

how long are you there for? if it's 2 days or less (maybe even 3), i'd recommend getting the 3 month subscription to ridemax for $11.95. it has a money back guarantee, but i've never read anything bad about its results.

Wendi
03-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Karla are you going??? This April Fool's Day??? Next? Is this an early April Fool's Joke? I hope you're really going!!! Are you going alone? Do tell!!! What did I miss???

bradk
03-08-2005, 06:21 PM
oops. the coupons being the only plus was meant for birnbaum, not the unofficial guide.

Fozzie
03-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Not to be missed in Disneyland:

Great Moments ( :crying: )
Small World (Especially Holiday)
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Haunted Mansion (Non Holiday)
Tiki Room
Pirates

Not to be missed in DCA:

Playhouse Disney
Soarin'
Aladdin
Muppet Vision

Hakuna Makarla
03-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Karla are you going??? This April Fool's Day??? Next? Is this an early April Fool's Joke? I hope you're really going!!! Are you going alone? Do tell!!! What did I miss???

LOL! yes I am going! my sister could not do the dates I had bfore ( april 4th thru the 8th) and also I had no money. She called and told me she was coming back donw, asked me if I still wanted to go and so I decided I was going and I was using ever bit of money left on my credit cards! So yes no april fools, I get to go)))))))) :)

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
03-08-2005, 08:22 PM
LOL! yes I am going! my sister could not do the dates I had bfore ( april 4th thru the 8th) and also I had no money. She called and told me she was coming back donw, asked me if I still wanted to go and so I decided I was going and I was using ever bit of money left on my credit cards! So yes no april fools, I get to go)))))))) :)

Good for you, Karla! Have a ball planning your trip. Anticipating all the magic is half the fun!

Wendi
03-09-2005, 10:51 AM

Oh Karla!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I'd love to meet you, makes me want to plan a quickie trip at the same time... I probably ought to stop thinking about more trips, I am going in May!!! hahaha