PDA

View Full Version : Burbank Airport transportation

Wendi
03-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Southwest has $32 flights from Sacramento to Burbank, but Supershuttle is $60 each way!!! Holy Yikes! Anyone know how much a cab would be? I suppose renting a car would be cheapest and quickest, huh?

bradk
03-08-2005, 12:11 PM
i believe when i looked it up, a cab from long beach ran about 50-60, i know burbank is further. it's also $30 to go from Burbank to LAX and from LAX to DL is about $70. My geography sucks, so i don't know what a direct drive would entail, but i'm sure it's at least comparable to the SS.

i can't find any burbank -> disneyland taxi info. i don't think it's done all that often

bluepearl
03-08-2005, 12:24 PM
What about a car service? I know it's not really on the same comparison scale, but to get a luxury car to take me from my home (several miles north of Burbank) to LAX would've cost $50 both ways. Unfortunately, I don't know how their charges are rated outside of being transported to/from the airport.

Marox3
03-08-2005, 07:22 PM
I just pulled this from Super Shuttle. Burbank Airport to Disneyland Hotel:

We offer the following services for your location.

Service First Guest Pays Additional Guests Each Pay Surcharge (per guest)
Shared Ride Van Service (Up to 7 Passengers) $60.00
Exclusive Van Service (Private van up to 7 passengers) $105.00
Exclusive Van Service (Private van up to 8 passengers) $130.00

Darkbeer
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
There is always the Metrolink...

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/

sediment
03-09-2005, 07:36 AM
There is always the Metrolink...

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/
Lining up Metrolink (or Amtrak) trains to coincide, even rermotely with a flight or each other is not very easy. For the most part, the trains go into LA Union station in the morning, and out from Union Station in the afternoon.
It could be faster to drive down.

Wendi
03-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks for your help. I decided it was just too much hassle and would end up costing more than flying into LAX even with the low rate.

I figured there would be a deal soon enough to LAX... and sure enough, there is a "Ding!" special today for $32 into LAX. I think I'm gonna just have to do it now and change my May trip afterall. :D