PDA

View Full Version : Maynard?!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Christiii
03-08-2005, 07:48 AM
Anyone know where Maynard is going to be Thurs - Monday?? I would love to finally have a siting of him!! I always look, but have never found him on my own:rolleyes:

bradk
03-08-2005, 07:52 AM
i'd be pretty sure you can ask someone at city hall if he's working and where. i'm not sure if it's still true but i recall hearing operations cms got landlocked, so they only work in one particular land.

Christiii
03-08-2005, 07:55 AM
I know, but Id feel like an idiot...I know..I make Renta do it!!
Bradk..I cant believe you have never been to the Park!! I just vant wait for your trip...I will just pour over your trip report and all your thoughts and experiences...you probably be the only first timer who could actually host a guided tour!! :fez:

bradk
03-08-2005, 08:20 AM
well, shucks, thanks for your support :)

disneyperson
03-08-2005, 10:15 AM
i'd be pretty sure you can ask someone at city hall if he's working and where. i'm not sure if it's still true but i recall hearing operations cms got landlocked, so they only work in one particular land.

Do not ask the people at City Hall. They will not tell you. Depending on who you ask, you might even get loudly mocked and made to feel really stupid for asking. As in, "There are over 30,000 employees of DLR, we can't be expected to know the location at any given moment of a particular one ! "

Christiii
03-08-2005, 10:25 AM
yeah, thats kinda what I was thinking...so I was going to make Renta do it while I lurk outside :D

disneyperson
03-08-2005, 10:52 AM
yeah, thats kinda what I was thinking...so I was going to make Renta do it while I lurk outside :D
Hee hee. Actually I think it's very likely that Tiki Boy will be working at the bright shiny new Tiki Room this weekend. That's where I'm going to look first.

bradk
03-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Do not ask the people at City Hall. They will not tell you. Depending on who you ask, you might even get loudly mocked and made to feel really stupid for asking. As in, "There are over 30,000 employees of DLR, we can't be expected to know the location at any given moment of a particular one ! "

that's ridiculous. i mean, it may very well be the case that it's what they do, but it's no excuse. there are obviously schedules for everyone and it's not like it's a 'maynard who?' situation. i'd file a complaint right there if someone did respond like that.

i was pretty sure there was a number you could call to get that information, but i just assumed city hall would know as well.

disneyperson
03-08-2005, 12:10 PM
that's ridiculous. i mean, it may very well be the case that it's what they do, but it's no excuse. there are obviously schedules for everyone and it's not like it's a 'maynard who?' situation. i'd file a complaint right there if someone did respond like that.

i was pretty sure there was a number you could call to get that information, but i just assumed city hall would know as well.
Of course they could find out, but they won't tell. And I asked very nicely on a very quiet day when there wasn't a line at City Hall or any other pressing problems that I could see. I think they get tired of hearing it and it is most likely policy.
I did file a complaint later that day when another CM was working, not because they wouldn't tell me,policy is policy, but because that particular CM was so darned rude about it. It was the only complaint about a CM I've ever filed. I've filed many compliments.
EDIT: Oh yeah, and the CM actually did say "Maynard who? Am I supposed to know who that it is?" grrrr.

Merm8fan
03-08-2005, 12:15 PM
He was working Lincoln a couple of months ago... since that is "down" now, I would check with some CM's here if that is part of a rotation with other attractions.

MyBeast
03-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Actually, there are only 22,000 cast members last I heard ;)

disneyperson
03-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Actually, there are only 22,000 cast members last I heard ;)
There ya see ? He didn't even have the numbers right. :D How could he be expected to know Maynard?

nursemelis374
03-08-2005, 02:31 PM
I would just check the regular spots he is normally at. I last saw him doing crowd control on Main Street. I really hope he is working at Tiki Room though, he fits in perfectly there!

ToursbabeC3po
03-08-2005, 02:58 PM
If he is not at tiki he will be at Fantasmic guest control. All of his other attractions are closed.
(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Toursbabe

rentayenta
03-08-2005, 03:10 PM

Listen, all of this making Renta do it is gonna cost you! You can pay me in Long Beach Iced Teas :D

ToursbabeC3po
03-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Renta I just want to wish you a wonderful time at the park. Buzz has been open the last few days so your son should be happy. We went on it Sunday and it was great!
Have fun!
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
Toursbabe

rentayenta
03-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Renta I just want to wish you a wonderful time at the park. Buzz has been open the last few days so your son should be happy. We went on it Sunday and it was great!
Have fun!
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
Toursbabe

:crying: My son isn't going. I am being a rotten, horrible, terrible mom and ditching them and coming alone :~D

He will be with me in May and he can ride it then. I keep telling myself that I will not ride Buzz without DS.

ToursbabeC3po
03-08-2005, 03:29 PM
:crying: My son isn't going. I am being a rotten, horrible, terrible mom and ditching them and coming alone :~D

He will be with me in May and he can ride it then. I keep telling myself that I will not ride Buzz without DS.

Hey us moms deserve some fun time alone! Don't feel guilty! He will love it it may! You should still ride it you will love it! Take care!
Toursbabe

Marox3
03-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Bradk..I cant believe you have never been to the Park!! I just vant wait for your trip...I will just pour over your trip report and all your thoughts and experiences...you probably be the only first timer who could actually host a guided tour!! :fez:

So True!!! If BradK ever makes it to Mouse Adventure, we are sure to lose. He knows where, why, how, and when everything happened at DL without being there.

BradK - if you ever plan to come and play the game - let me know. I'll need to be on my toes! :~D

I Heart Disneyland!
03-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Anyone know where Maynard is going to be Thurs - Monday??:

Who is Maynard??

bradk
03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
only if i have darkbeer to back me up and correct me when i'm wrong (which suffice to say is often enough). i'm also directionally backwards (i often have to rely on that little trick making the L with my hand to determine which is my left).

who knows, maybe next year. this would have been a great time for me to vacation, i just didn't know about it until it was too late to do something about it.

kbanmen
03-08-2005, 06:06 PM
who is maynard??????

bradk
03-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Who is Maynard??

he's the quintessential cast member. been at dl for over 30 years (i think). basically, he's a real life face character. and yes, i say this without ever seeing him. more info here: http://www.maynardhomepage.net

the other well known lifer is pianist rod miller (recently mentioned for his back surgery) who performs at coke corner. he's been at DL for over 20 years (i also think)

kbanmen
03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
still have no CLUE..must be my blond hair or something

I Heart Disneyland!
03-08-2005, 06:53 PM
he's the quintessential cast member. been at dl for over 30 years (i think). basically, he's a real life face character. and yes, i say this without ever seeing him. more info here: http://www.maynardhomepage.net

the other well known lifer is pianist rod miller (recently mentioned for his back surgery) who performs at coke corner. he's been at DL for over 20 years (i also think)

As always...thanks Brad! I cannot believe you have never been to DL! Unreal!!!!! :) I wish I could see your face when you finally get there!