PDA

View Full Version : Crowds next week

BJW
03-07-2005, 11:35 PM
I noticed on the Mouseplanet update they're increasing the hours next week with Disneyland open until 10 and DCA until 7. I thought about going next week and was wondering about the crowds. Is this because of spring break? I didn't know break started so soon for most schools? Ridemax quoted me 47 min. wait for the Matterhorn in the evening. However, I ran DCA on ridemax and almost everything had walk-ons. Anyone know what's going on?

RideMax Mark
03-08-2005, 06:05 AM
I've mentioned this already in other threads, but I'm expecting next week to be one of the busiest weeks of the year at Disneyland (or at least for it to feel that way). With the entire state of Arizona on Spring Break and a "late" (IMO) opening time of 9am, it's going to be tough to get a big jump on the crowds.

As for DCA, we're expecting "Summer-like" crowds there as well, so if you're showing everything as a "walk-on" in RideMax, it's probably due to some pretty aggressive use of FastPass by the software.

SarahShep
03-08-2005, 08:04 AM
LOL...The "entire" state is not on Spring Break. Just a vast majority. :p

My siblings don't get break until the week after and they are in Lake Havasu. Some, if not most, of the Phoenix area schools are next week though.

Family5LovesDisney
03-08-2005, 08:08 AM
I will be part of the HUGE MASSES.............. :D Oh well, I'm sure I will still have a blast!

BJW
03-08-2005, 04:20 PM
I've mentioned this already in other threads, but I'm expecting next week to be one of the busiest weeks of the year at Disneyland (or at least for it to feel that way). With the entire state of Arizona on Spring Break and a "late" (IMO) opening time of 9am, it's going to be tough to get a big jump on the crowds.

As for DCA, we're expecting "Summer-like" crowds there as well, so if you're showing everything as a "walk-on" in RideMax, it's probably due to some pretty aggressive use of FastPass by the software.Mark, thanks for the info. I really enjoy using your program, its a lifesaver. Anyway, I'm considering putting my trip off for a few weeks since it will be so crowded. Maybe right after spring break would be better. I didn't realize so many people would be off this week.

AVP
03-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Well, I can account for 500 of the people who will be at Disneyland on Sunday..... :~D

AVP

Shinku
03-08-2005, 04:30 PM
I know that the community colleges in the Inland Empire have spring break that week....

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-08-2005, 09:38 PM
We will be there with the crowds, I am not looking forward to it being busy though.
Private schools in AZ are not on spring break next week.

MyBeast
03-08-2005, 09:43 PM
We are expecting large numbers of people for the next few weeks or so due to all the spring breaks at different times. Just be sure to come early and do the rides you want earlier in the morning. It'll be nice since many of the rides at Disneyland will be finishing refurbishments either the 12th or the 18th

spacemountain85
03-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Crap, I had to chose between this weekend (12/13) and last weekend (5/6). I chose this weekened because the cheerleading stuff would be over, but I didn't know the (almost) entire state of Arizona would be on spring break. Oh well, I'd rather deal with a bunch of Arizonians over a bunch of cheerleaders. :D