PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report March 4-6

bubsy
03-07-2005, 05:18 PM
I am very tired. And then I worked an 11 hour day today.

Friday after work, got on the road at 4:00 pm. Hwy 46 - it poured. The rain was the hardest rain I have ever been in, it sounded like it was cracking my winshield. Lost Hills had no power.

We got to Harbor Blvd at 9:00 pm ish. Checked into the Carousel, and had room 219 - a smoking room. Blech. It was pretty icky, but it was the only room available, and what are you going to do? The room was very pretty nice apart from the smell, in fact it was similar to the CCI. We kept the window and door open(when in the room) with the fan on - so it wasn't too bad. the pillows were a bit flat, I used three, husband got one. He said the pool was okay - I never checked it out. We had a rate of $59.

Friday we just went and got taco's at Tortilla Joe's. And went to Sephora. Everytime we are in line there, the person behind us always tries to cut in front of us - weird.

Saturday Morning - Into the PARK! Got in line at 7:45 am. Walked on to PoTC, Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, BTMRR. Ate at the Riverbelle. Pancakes!

We decided to go by Buzz and it was open! and had a 20 minute line. Very quick.

We liked Buzz, I suck at shooting things, it was really hard to tell which laser light was yours, so I kept my head close to the gun so I could hear when I got points. We didn't realize the car turned until our second ride. We rode Roger Rabbit and Gadget's Go Coaster - which I haven't ridden since Grad Night '97.

By 11am it was fairly busy, we got a fastpass for BTMRR and BUZZ. Stour Tours seemed to have a fairly long line the whole time. We headed over to DCA, had ice cream. We were going to just watch Grizzly from the bridge - but it was down, and I don't know if it ever opened again. Got a fastpass for Tower of Terror.

Went back to Disneyland rode a few of the fantasyland rides, went back to buzz which was down so we didn't get to use our fastpass. Rode BTMRR, had a fastpass for Indy - which was out longest wait about 30 min. w/ a fastpass Then headed back to DCA to ride the tower of terror. Lot's of screaming cheerleaders.

We picked up more tacos from Tortilla Joe's and headed to the hotel to relax and eat them. Went back to the park around 6ish, rode BTMRR, the matterhorn again, the tea cups. After watching Fantasmic, I was exhausted and we headed back to our hotel to sleep.

It was fun, I wished it wasn't so busy, there seemed to several large groups there, and it was a Saturday. At some point we rode Pooh, but I don't remember when that was -afternoon.

I would definately stay at the Carousel again. For our trip in April we are going to stay at the BW Park Place Inn just to try it out, instead of the CCI, mainly because it's sooo close.

Susan L
03-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Its nice to hear you had a good time.

stitchlvr
03-07-2005, 06:21 PM
We just stayed at the BWPPI and loved it. You might want to try to get a room away from the restaurant though if you are there on a Friday. There were a lot of deliveries and trash Friday morning and it was pretty loud. Other than that, it was great!

kohl
03-07-2005, 07:46 PM
We have stayed at BWPPI a few times. Never had any problems there