PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers?

blooberry
12-30-2001, 07:53 PM
This is terrible timing, but I just joined Weight Watchers today and we're going to DL in less than a week. Anyone know of any online WW point guides for DL? I did find the menus here on Mouseplanet, but I'd love the point counts. I know, crazy, but I think I can do it. Thanks!

-- Mary

Cadaverous Pallor
12-30-2001, 09:23 PM
If I were you I'd contact Dland via their website. I usually get pretty quick, personalized responses from them. Or you could try call them, but all bets are off as to whether they'd be able to help you that way.

Nigel2
12-30-2001, 10:41 PM
Well I would say hold off until you go to disneyland since there isn't much in the area of healthy there. But you could always just not eat there (which is good in many ways) and eat at a place you know or at home.

DisneylandKid
01-01-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Well I would say hold off until you go to disneyland since there isn't much in the area of healthy there. But you could always just not eat there (which is good in many ways) and eat at a place you know or at home. That's not true. It's true that there are some junky-food places, but there still are some OK-healthy-wise places (Redd Rockett's salads and pastas; Blue Bayou I'm sure; some of the DCA places; Hotel places)...it's all where you eat!

beanpole
01-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Here's a few calorie-saving tips:

(1) Get a salad at Redd Rockett's Pizza Port, possibly with the low-fat grilled chicken on top to really make it satisfying - but order it with the dressing on the side. They'll make the salad for you to order, but it might take a minute or two extra for the CM to do this. Use a minimum amount of dressing on the salad. Avoid the pizza bread sticks.

(2) Carry around a water bottle with you and drink throughout the day, especially when you get hungry. Water isn't a substitute for food, but it helps to fill the tummy.

(3) Bring some low-cal snacks with you and nosh throughout the day. This will help you avoid the ODV carts serving up ice cream and other high-calorie items while minimizing the feeling of being deprived, especially when the other guests are eating while in the queues.

Nigel2
01-01-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
That's not true. It's true that there are some junky-food places, but there still are some OK-healthy-wise places (Redd Rockett's salads and pastas; Blue Bayou I'm sure; some of the DCA places; Hotel places)...it's all where you eat!

Ummmm, salads can be very bad for you as well, if you use too much dressing, pastas can be bad too if they are egg based noodles, blue bayou is iffy depending of the item. Surprisingly the cart foods you could eat without problem would be a pretzel (no cheeze, mustard is ok) and jerkey (the food of supermodels).