PDA

View Full Version : Lost and NOT found at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3

80S ERA
03-07-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm sure all of you who have taken numerous trips to DL have lost an item or two. I'm just curious what things have been misplaced (not stolen) and never found from all of you.

Found :) :
- Wedding band
- Watch

Still NOT found :mad: :
- Letter from 1st girlfriend in 1987 (5+ pages) lost on a date with another girl (how ironic)
- $150 sunglasses on SM or RR
- Leather belt left in Grand Californian
- Another pair of sunglasses (Oakley) $150+

03-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Found :) :
- Wedding band

So how did you lose a wedding band at the resort?

Captain Josh
03-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Well, seeing as 80S ERA once lost a letter from a girlfriend, while on a date with another girl...I'd be quite wary.

03-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Well, seeing as 80S ERA once lost a letter from a girlfriend, while on a date with another girl...I'd be quite wary.

Bwahahaha, Captain Josh! Great minds think alike.

No disrespect intended, 80S ERA.

hlbtimes2
03-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Only item I know I lost- I got back. It was my 5 year olds Minnie Mouse baseball hat on the coaster in Toon town. They mailed it back to us. It was muddy, but we got it back.

brerbear77
03-07-2005, 01:02 PM
My question is why did you have a letter from an ex-girlfriend with you while on a date with another girl? And while you were at DL?

Anyway, my grandpa lost his camera and his hat (all in one day), the CM helped retrieve the camera but the hat was lost forever. :crying:

My2kidsrule
03-07-2005, 01:18 PM
I lost my brother once, and unfortunately, they found him. :-) Actually, there's a long post by me about this in the parenting section.

I've left cell-phone chargers in hotels around the state, and I never get them back.

experiment626
03-07-2005, 01:19 PM
The only thing I can think of is a couple of hats. My nephew "droped" his from the Mark Twain. And my DD left her in a store, while trying on others I am sure.

I have always turned in things that I found, even the little happy meal toy we found once. I know if my kids had lost it they would want it back.

80S ERA
03-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Bwahahaha, Captain Josh! Great minds think alike.

No disrespect intended, 80S ERA.
:fez:
You guys took the bait...

The band was lost in a Eureka Springs locker while my wife was getting a massage. I usually never bring my band when I go to the gym since it will get scratched from the barbells.

You could imagine she was not happy when I couldn't find it. Thank goodness to some honest CM that cleaned my locker after.

adriennek
03-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Doc's PDA and it was found and turned in to Lost & Found. We had it back within minutes (15?) of realizing it was lost.

Adrienne

80S ERA
03-07-2005, 01:29 PM
My question is why did you have a letter from an ex-girlfriend with you while on a date with another girl? And while you were at DL?

Anyway, my grandpa lost his camera and his hat (all in one day), the CM helped retrieve the camera but the hat was lost forever. :crying:
The letter was more of a 'goodbye' since both of us were going to different schools the following year. It was June of our Junior High graduation year of 1987 and we knew we would be parting ways. She gave me the letter before boarding the school bus and she knew I was going with someone else. It's a shame that it was lost because that DL trip turned out to be my most memorable of all visits.
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=7043&highlight=frozen+time

We ended up parting ways on a very good note.

CoasterChickie
03-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Lost...my daughter when she was two years old and in line for Dumbo

Found...her 10 minutes later playing in the water fountain around the corner from Dumbo

Also Found...that day my first gray hair!!

Gouru
03-07-2005, 01:50 PM
My dad lost his hat at DL and fortunately never got it back.

You see, he's subject to motion sickness and the speed tunnel on People Mover took him by surprise. Fortunately his hat was handy, and he just nonchalantly dropped it into a waste can on his way off the ride.

It was so embarassing..he handled Space Mountain just fine, it was the People Mover that got him....

mad4mky
03-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Only thing I have lost...like CC...my daughter. The middle daughter. The cute redheaded one. :(

She was 4.

Seems she was too excited to wait in line with us to get a stroller for her and her new baby sister....so off she went.

Thank God for Disney Security. They found her...at the other end of Main St! :eek: And I am talking almost to the hub... :(

timl33
03-07-2005, 02:34 PM
My dad lost his hat at DL and fortunately never got it back.

You see, he's subject to motion sickness and the speed tunnel on People Mover took him by surprise. Fortunately his hat was handy, and he just nonchalantly dropped it into a waste can on his way off the ride.

It was so embarassing..he handled Space Mountain just fine, it was the People Mover that got him....

He didn't lose his hat. He threw it away.

Now his lunch, that's another story.

sami869
03-07-2005, 03:05 PM
I forgot my purse that had over a month's worth of allowences in it in toontown when I was 11. Luckily it was still there (with all the money) when I realized it was gone half an hour later. I lost a homemade kitty hat on the Matterhorn. Never got that back :(

kohl
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
We lost one walkie talkie and never got it back.
My dad lost his hat on Grizzley River Run. They mailed it back to him.
My daughter lost her camera. Got it back :D , the film was used up. We thought whoever found it took pictures. Well, to our surprise, CM from HISTA had taken pictures of themselves :eek: All backstage pictures of them. We were kinda surprised that CM's would do that.

bubbasmom99
03-07-2005, 03:38 PM
My hubby lost his brand new (less than 24 hours old) Nextel phone (the expensive $400 one!) somewhere in the Starcade. The lack of signal inside made it impossible for me to call/beep his phone to try to locate it. We checked back with lost and found for weeks afterward and it was never located. Probably wound up on Ebay the next day :(

TrekkieDad
03-07-2005, 03:41 PM
On my most recent trip I lost my hat twice--and I got it back both times, the second by mail. On the previous trip, DW left a small bag of purchases at DUH. It, too, was recovered at resort lost and found.

Tinker Bell
03-07-2005, 03:41 PM
I have lost my beloved tigger hat. Got it back
My DH lost his walkie talkie on Indy. Got it back
My DD lost her shoe. Still have not it back mmmmm that was in Oct.

I was talking to one of the lost and found people they say after a certain time frame the things that where found and not claimed are picked up by Goodwill in Santa Ana on Fairview.

AVP
03-07-2005, 04:36 PM
I was talking to one of the lost and found people they say after a certain time frame the things that where found and not claimed are picked up by Goodwill in Santa Ana on Fairview.Then they hold the items until the annual Goodwill Lost and Found Sale, which happens to be next weekend.

You need to know a Cast Member to get in. After that, anything not sold goes out to the stores.

AVP

I Heart Disneyland!
03-07-2005, 04:40 PM
My daughter, when she was about 7, lost a $20 bill that I'd given her to shop at the Emporium. We went to lost and found and reported it, of course it was never found, but, she was SO heartbroken. I will never forget her sweet face, so sad and crying over losing that $20. You'd think it was a $1,000 bill. She's such a little sweetheart, now a 23 year old sweetheart! That is the only thing anyone in our family has lost at DL. Once my hubby left our camera under the seats on Star Tours, but, it was retrieved when the next ride had ended.

bradk
03-07-2005, 04:42 PM
makes ya wonder how much a $20 bill would go for at the sale

I Heart Disneyland!
03-07-2005, 04:45 PM
makes ya wonder how much a $20 bill would go for at the sale

HAHAHAHA! :D

Flint
03-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Disneyland cap. Had it for half a day and lost it on Splash. (you have to know that I generally do NOT wear caps... this one was an exception, so I was perturbed by the loss, to say the least)