PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hour?

kameko
03-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Sorry if this is obvious, is there an extra magic hour at disneyland like there is at wdw where park guests get in one hour ahead of everyone else. my best friend was asking me and i said no but wanted to know for sure. thanks in advance!

bradk
03-07-2005, 11:46 AM
sort of. there's something called early entry which is where one area of the park is opened an hour before the entire park is. currently that section is fantasyland.

you need a hopper bonus to get access to it.

kameko
03-07-2005, 01:28 PM
how do you get the hopper bonus?

bradk
03-07-2005, 01:37 PM
you buy it. not sure if you're familiar with how the WDW ticket system used to work, but it's much more basic at DL than it is as WDW now.

You buy either a single park ticket or a hopper ticket. the hopper lets you go between the two parks on any given day. the hoppers are available in # of days configurations. starting at the 3 day hopper level, there's a 3 day bonus hopper which entitles you to one early entry and also a $10 game card for the ESPN Zone.

stan4d_steph
03-07-2005, 01:38 PM
how do you get the hopper bonus?You book through Disney travel with a package that includes admission media and resort hotel stay.

bradk
03-07-2005, 01:48 PM
You book through Disney travel with a package that includes admission media and resort hotel stay.

you can buy the hopper bonus through disneyland.com, citypass (post 4/1/05) or ares travel. you don't need a dtc package. the only unique thing the dtc package will get you is admission to toontown madness.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Do you get early entry with an annual pass? We just got our first ones, so, I don't know the ropes yet.

bradk
03-07-2005, 05:15 PM
no. early entry is a one time thing and it's only available via the park hopper bonus.

by the way, i neglected to mention they can be bought at the gates too of course.