PDA

View Full Version : May 3rd?

ozbeauticn
03-06-2005, 07:08 PM
So I know that everything officially starts on May 5th. My roommate and I are taking Wednesday off school to drive down and see whats up at DCA. BUt our question is, will any of the new parades/fireworks/attractions be having previews or soft opening type things on the 3rd possibly? I know they usually do things like this for practice, so we're trying to deicde if it would be worth it to go a day early and see what's happening on the 3rd. What do you think?

SoCalDisneyLover
03-06-2005, 08:43 PM
So I know that everything officially starts on May 5th. My roommate and I are taking Wednesday off school to drive down and see whats up at DCA. BUt our question is, will any of the new parades/fireworks/attractions be having previews or soft opening type things on the 3rd possibly? I know they usually do things like this for practice, so we're trying to deicde if it would be worth it to go a day early and see what's happening on the 3rd. What do you think?

I think your best chance at seeing the fireworks do a soft preview for certain, is on May 4, when the park will be closed to the public, but apparently open for VIP's and invited guests only. You would have to watch it from the esplanade of course.

stan4d_steph
03-07-2005, 06:13 AM
I think your best chance at seeing the fireworks do a soft preview for certain, is on May 4, when the park will be closed to the public, but apparently open for VIP's and invited guests only. You would have to watch it from the esplanade of course.You can also watch fireworks from the parking structure. Best view is top level. You can see where they are launched from backstage. :)

ozbeauticn
03-09-2005, 06:57 AM
what about all the other things? Don't they usually do pratice runs beforehand? Or will it be different sine it's for the 50th? I guess maybe there's really no way to know until the time comes...

bradk
03-09-2005, 07:03 AM
they can do dry runs without anyone at DLR ever knowing.

odds are, they're really not going to start the new fireworks in the park until may 5. it'd ruin it. it'll be plenty of time to get any kinks worked out by july 17.