PDA

View Full Version : Where did Pinocchio go?

caution a-head
03-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know why Pinocchio and the Dancing girls aren't in Fantasmic anymore? :confused:

MyBeast
03-06-2005, 06:15 PM
I was wondering the same thing. It may have to do with the way the weather has been. Something could have been damaged.

Disneyfreak
03-06-2005, 06:56 PM
It is permanently gone. It broke after all the use. They have to find a replacement. The show was not designed to last this many years.

SallySkellington
03-07-2005, 10:18 AM
It is permanently gone. It broke after all the use. They have to find a replacement. The show was not designed to last this many years.

And lord knows Eisner's too cheap to actually fix what's broken. :mad:

tod
03-07-2005, 10:48 AM

And lord knows Eisner's too cheap to actually fix what's broken. :mad:

Think of it as not replacing what's irreparably broken. (And I believe this one can be laid at Pressler's feet, anyway.) And don't forget, any money spent in California is taken away from The Florida Mecca, and therefore wasted.

--t

DonaldDuck14
03-07-2005, 01:35 PM

Nope it is not gone. As a Fantasmic guest control cast member I talked to one of the sound techs and he said they are currently repairing it. It shall be making a triumphant return soon though. (didn't give me an exact date) For those who are in the dark, the pinnochio prop broke as it was going back down after its lil' segment. Apparently the cable bringing it down snapped causing a loud boom that some may of heard that nite. The cable for it was one of a kind and is expensive. So they are currently repairing it and because the cable that is used did not have a backup, obviously it is taking a while to get it back to the show.

bradk
03-07-2005, 01:50 PM
the pinnochio prop broke as it was going back down after its lil' segment. Apparently the cable bringing it down snapped causing a loud boom that some may of heard that nite.

that's what you get when you got no strings to hold you down (or up)

Jeremiah
03-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Thank you donald!!! Why is everyone so big on it's gone for good kick. I know screamscape put up a post that it may not be coming back but as of now that is a very false rumor. They are working on it and hope to have it back soon.

J

Christiii
03-07-2005, 02:13 PM
what about the big Ursella balloon then??

sdfilmcritic
03-07-2005, 02:17 PM
I was wondering the same thing about the little wooden puppet. I saw the show Sunday night and was thinking how strange it is to hear the I've Got No Strings music, but all there was on display was a water show. It just didn't seem to fit.

caution a-head
03-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. My friends and I go every weekend just to watch the show, we've been wondering what happen to him. We figured he was in permanent rehab like Mr Lincoln is going to be! :mad: Hopefully he'll be back dancing soon. :)