PDA

View Full Version : Rooms at the Paradise Pier Hotel

Pages : [1] 2

rentayenta
03-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I just found a unreal deal at the Paradise Pier Hotel for our dates in December. I am curious about the room and bed size and the pool. Any help would be appreciated. There will be 5 of us; 3 children and 2 adults. DH just told me to book it but I need a little more info.

Crazy4DL
03-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I just found a unreal deal at the Paradise Pier Hotel for our dates in December. I am curious about the room and bed size and the pool. Any help would be appreciated. There will be 5 of us; 3 children and 2 adults. DH just told me to book it but I need a little more info.

Rentayenta, my daughter and I stayed at the PPH with her 3 kids last May. The room was on about the 6th (??) floor and was large with 2 queen beds and a hide-a-bed that you can pull out. There was a playpen/crib folded up in the closet that we pulled out and used for the baby. It was a really cute room and the two boys (3 and 5) loved the view of the ToT. The staff was very friendly and helpful too. Can't think of anything else but if you got a great deal I would go for it. hope this helps, RRazey

oh - ps - it was clean and the beds were comfortable - that is always important :-)

Wendi
03-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Do you wanna share your "unreal deal" with us??? I'm no help to you since I haven't stayed there...

stan4d_steph
03-06-2005, 03:14 PM
This recent photo tour article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm041116lp.htm) on MousePlanet might be helpful.

Marox3
03-06-2005, 03:32 PM
See if you can get a corner room. That's the rooms next to the glass elevator. There a little bigger, have 2 windows and the rooms at an angle. PPH is the hotel we stay during the summer time. The pool is great with the new slide they installed last year. The size is similar to DLH, rehab decor last year. The Lilo & Stitch character breakfast is fun.

We've had many good stays here. Hope you have a great time. Did you get a theme park view?

Hakuna Makarla
03-06-2005, 03:37 PM

whats the deal??and where did you find this deal at ? please tell )))))

dalhar35
03-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Care to let us all know where we can check out this offer? I would only stay at a DLR hotel if the offer was really good-Too overpriced for me for what they offer :D

Marox3
03-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Renta - - do share.....

rentayenta
03-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Expedia baby! They are offering the fourth night free with a four night stay at any of he DLR hotels. I don't know the exact dates of the offer, you'll have to play around to figure it out. I don't think I will book it until I get back from this trip so y'all better not take my room ;). I am going to walk the walk and see for myself how far it is. :)

bradk
03-06-2005, 03:59 PM
http://www.expedia.com/daily/promos/tshops/DisneylandTickets/default.asp?rfrr=-9613

has all the details of the 4th night free (in the disclaimer at the bottom)

actually, scratch that, those dates are only for 2004.

Crazy4DL
03-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Expedia baby! They are offering the fourth night free with a four night stay at any of he DLR hotels. I don't know the exact dates of the offer, you'll have to play around to figure it out. I don't think I will book it until I get back from this trip so y'all better not take my room ;). I am going to walk the walk and see for myself how far it is. :)

The walk seemed a bit far to me but I am old - well not THAT old but at 51 the walk seemed long in the evenings ;) The little ones were in a stroller and my daughter in her 20s didn't think the walk was too bad. My grandson who was 6 at the time and I had to walk from the monorail station in Tomorrowland to the hotel after we were totally exhausted and I had a blister - because the monorail had broken down - otherwise that is another way to make it not so far - you can ride the monorail into and out of the park putting you much closer to the PPH. HOWEVER, we did find out on the last day (wouldn't you know?!) that if you went through the lobby of the GCH the walk was not bad at all!!! If you are going in to DCA you have an entrance just across the street from the front of the hotel so on those days the walk was less.

dlfanshl
03-06-2005, 04:41 PM
We stayed at DLH in July '04 and Paradise Pier in November '04. This summer we will return to the DLH. We are also a family of 5 with a 12-11-10 year olds. There is plenty of room for 5 in there rooms. The pool slide was fun but not better that Peter Pan Pool. The room deco at PP was nice but not the DLH. BTW I also prefer the DLH over the GC for our families needs. Good
Luck and happy planning.

Shel

Susan L
03-06-2005, 06:46 PM
The PPH is our favorite hotel on property. The rooms are big enough for 5, that is our number also. There is a refrigerator, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/board, the beds are very comfy. and there is a pull out bed also in the oversized arm chair. You should request a park view with a corner room its beautiful at night. We got an added bonus with this room view, we were able catch the Electrical Parade with the best seat from your room on our last night. The pool and spa are nice. There are a couple of good places to eat at the hotel we like the PCH Grill the best, it serves just about everything and there is a character breakfast. The Yamibuki serves Japanese food. There is a great coffee bar in the lobby, DH's favorite. He likes to get up early go down stairs and have his coffee and read the morning paper while we are still asleep. The walk back from the monorail after a long day can be tough but you expect to do a lot of walking anyways at the DLR. We stayed at the DLH on our last visit and were very disappointed. The room was way to small for the 5 of us, 2 adults, 17, 16 and 12 year old. So it is back to PPH for us next time.

Marox3
03-06-2005, 07:08 PM
If you have trouble with walking the distance or just too pooped to walk, you can talk to the valets, and if available, they will take you in the golf carts and shuttle you to the monorail station. The CM's working valet have been real nice and helpful to us in the past. Also, I'm not sure if the DCA side entrance will be open, which is just across the street.

PhishyBrewer
03-06-2005, 07:23 PM
We only had four of us, three adults and a kiddo, but we had enough space. We didn't pull the couch out at all, but it did seem that it would have been a tight fit if we did. I liked the decor, and the view of DCA was fantastic (we were on the 9th floor).

Definately cut through the GCH unless you're going to the far DLH end of Downtown Disney. If you cross the street at the light in front of the hotel, a little path will take you to the GCH, go around the back corner and to the left, it brings you right to the GCH lobby. Then follow signs to either DCA or DTD. If I remember right the DTD exit comes out next to Club Libby Lu.

We enjoyed the pool, even in January. They say they try to keep it around 80 degrees, and it was nice and toasty. The slide was closed when we were there but it looked fun.

We'd stay there again.

CoasterChickie
03-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Renta...I LOVE the PPH . It is totally Disneyish but in a different way than the DLH and worth staying at for at least one trip!! I like the PCH Grill too more than Goofy's. The food is exactly the same and the character interaction is similar but the restaurant is much more laid back and relaxing. We're going to try Yamabuki this Saturday night so you'll know if you like it too! :)

80S ERA
03-07-2005, 07:17 AM
I stayed at a special Expedia rate a few years ago right when they did the makeover from "Pacific Hotel" to "Paradise Pier Hotel."

Coming from someone who's stayed at all 3 Disney properties, it's hard not to compare them to the others. Here's my pro/con list -- keep in mind that my wife and I are VERY picky hotel guests:

PROS:
- Exclusive entrance to DCA
- Clean rooms
- Cheerful atmosphere from decor and music piped in lobby
- Close walk to DTD and DCA

CONS:
- Paper-thin walls - we often could hear our neighbors through the adjoining doors. They seemed to be speaking at a low level and we could hear every word. We could even tell when their TV was on.
- Service - it could have been an isolated incident, but our TV remote didn't have batteries and they told us they would replace them. Nothing happened after 2 phone calls and we just gave up after.
- No lower priced dining options on property - at least DH and GCH has Croc's Bits and Bites and White Water Snacks repectively. Sometimes I don't feel like forking up $20+ in a sit-down restaurant for just a light snack. There is a coffee bar next to PCH Grill with a very limited selection, however.
- Discounted Rooms - often the rooms with discounted rates face the rear parking lot. Unfortunately, our room faced the side of the parking garage wall on a lower level. After we asked them to move us, the told us that we could have to pay additional for an upgrade.
- Pool - the pool is the smallest of all the DLR properties. We stayed during a very hot weekend and the pool was just not large enough to accomodate everyone that wanted a swim in the mid afternoon. The pool overlooks the parking lot.

In summary, unless you are getting a theme park view and have not stayed at the other DLR properties, I would not recommend staying at PP hotel at a "discounted" rate.

SCUBAbe
03-07-2005, 07:25 AM
PROS:
- Exclusive entrance to DCA
- Clean rooms

the exclusive entrance is now closed and my parents found a lovely surprise in one of their beds there once. I dark brown smear going across the bottom sheet.

I've never had a bad experience there, btu it is a long walk to the parks.

As for the cons. I have never heard my neighbors theres and the service has always been excellent. However, to be fair, I have never asked for anything while I was there. The front desk service has always been great though. :) I suppose I'm lucky or easy going, but I have nver had to call the front desk for anything other than wake up service while at a hotel. Everything has always been decent. I have called for room service and it's always delivered on time. :). I love eating breakfast in my room. At the GHC was the best. because I ate out on the balcony over looking the pine trees in the court yard, listening to the birds chirp..:)

rentayenta
03-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks for all of the input. Expedia states that the floors are 4-13 for this rate. I am going to try and see a room this weekend, if there is one open. Thanks for the head's up on requesting a corner room. Last time, at the DLH, we got the Sierra Tower with a DTD view for the standard price. If we decide to stay at the PPH, maybe we will get lucky again.

I am glad I didn't book last night because I just found out the U2 is coming to SLC on Dec. 17th. Our dates for our trip were the 16-22, but now I will have to cut it short. U2 has priority over Disneyland! :D So now we'll go from the 19-23; just four nights.

Earkid
03-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi Yenta,
I think someone already mentioned this but try to get a peek at the rooms that are next to the glass elevator. (Not sure if these rooms are what people are considering "corner" rooms.) When we took my bro's family in Sept they were in one of those rooms and were very impressed with the size.

We've never had a problem with hearing noise at the PPH and I am a very lite sleeper.

MrsG
03-07-2005, 11:13 AM
- Pool - the pool is the smallest of all the DLR properties. We stayed during a very hot weekend and the pool was just not large enough to accomodate everyone that wanted a swim in the mid afternoon. The pool overlooks the parking lot..
There is no charm to this pool. It is a cement wonderland on a roof overlooking a parking lot. And no refreshments - maybe a soda machine.

(Hubby and I are very picky hotel guests as well, 80s era)

Earkid
03-07-2005, 11:15 AM
They do have a fun slide!!

pisces
03-07-2005, 11:37 AM
I know people who swear by the Paradise Pier, because of the view of the Electrical Parade from the room.

The question is: Will there be an Electrical Parade in December?

Supposedly, the Christmas Fantasy Parade will take its place, I've heard.

Maybe there'll be two parades in DCA.

I think that would be so much fun: to watch the Electrical Parade from the comfort and convenience of the room.

Tinkerbelle923
03-07-2005, 11:51 AM
we stayed in July 2003 at the PPH and loved it. upon checking in we were told we had a cityview(ie: parking lot) and I had requested a theme park view...well she saw the look of disapointment on my face and told me they did have one theme park view left but that it was small with no tub only a shower...we took it, It was not to small at all, we were quite comfortable and shower's are faster than baths anyway. The CM at check in also gave the kids each photos of the charactors (DS-Buzz & Woody, DD princesses). We had excellent customer service the whole time (except housekeeping forgot to leave coffee one morning so I had to go to the coffee shop...a very happy discovery) and we found the snacks and selection at the coffee shop and gift shop adequet (not spectacular, but fine for our purposes) we had an excellent dinner at the PCH grill.
We were never bothered by neighbors, the kids loved the wake-up calls in the mornings.
and the walk was not nearly as bad as everyone sais... 5 minutes to the monerail or 10 minutes to the front gates (and that was with a 3 & 8 yr old...both walking, no stroller)
We found the hotel to be charming and cute, the pool lacked imagination but a pool is a pool when your hot. PPH guests can also use the neverland pool at the DLH which we did on several occasions. again less than a 5 minute walk.

you can also shave some time off the walk to the parks by going out the front entrance and cutting though the GCH...

True the exclusive entrance is no longer avilable to PPH guests but the walks are so short it doesn't really matter...

hope this helps some...enjoy your stay and have a magical vacation.

Susan L
03-07-2005, 05:47 PM
After reading some more of the post I had to add some more thoughts on this hotel. We never have had a bad experience with the service it has always been top notch. The pool is a roof top pool with a great slide. And we never heard our neighbors at all.