PDA

View Full Version : Video of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters

robbalvey
03-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Hey everyone!

Elissa got the chance to head down to Disneyland yesterday to ride the new "Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters" and we've got a complete onride video of it! It's an interesting comparison to the WDW version. The DL version has the removable guns like in the Tokyo version, but all the targets are VERY close to the vehicle, unlike some of the big open spaces in the WDW version.

Anywah, check it out here and see for yourself:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/video.htm

So here are their thoughts on the ride:

Pros:
- Removable guns are much better than the mounted guns on WDW's version.
- It's a really fun ride.

Cons:
- It's much more 'claustrophobic' than the WDW or Tokyo versions meaning the targets are mostly RIGHT in front of you instead of large open rooms.

Enjoy the video!

Hakuna Makarla
03-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Not sure how to see it, but is there a way to acually get video's of disneyland park rides? where people are acually on the rides and walking thru the parks?

robbalvey
03-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Not sure how to see it, but is there a way to acually get video's of disneyland park rides? where people are acually on the rides and walking thru the parks?
I'm not sure what you mean.

Click on the link above, then click on the link to download the video.

We have some videos of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Tokyo Disneyland on the same page.

Just scroll down and look for the links.

--Robb

Hakuna Makarla
03-06-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure what you mean.

Click on the link above, then click on the link to download the video.

We have some videos of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Tokyo Disneyland on the same page.

Just scroll down and look for the links.

--Robb

I clicked on it, and it wanted to down load to my desktop,. is that what I have to do to see it? It says 20 minutes to down load . it would be nice to have it open up in windows media on your site. faster to

robbalvey
03-06-2005, 12:05 PM
I clicked on it, and it wanted to down load to my desktop,. is that what I have to do to see it? It says 20 minutes to down load . it would be nice to have it open up in windows media on your site. faster to
Yeah, sorry...it's a .zip file not a streaming video file.

And it's not faster. A streaming .wmv file would take longer to download the complete file than a .zip file. It should take less than 5 minutes to download it on high speed internet access.

By having smaller files on my site I'm able to offer more content for you to download! :D

--Robb

Hakuna Makarla
03-06-2005, 12:10 PM
well I tell you I loved those pictures of screaming and of course laughed my head off about you guys saying Jim might be gay. You guys look like you have a lot of fun! Any great shots of terror? I love that place!!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Also do you have any full blown videos of the whole thing, you know video of the rides and people on the rides, and all around the parks? I wish I had one!!!

bradk
03-06-2005, 12:40 PM
great video, thanks. much better than the one posted here a few days ago.

just to play devil's advocate tho, mpegs are already compressed so zip'ing them won't help much. you only got a compression rate of 5% on this one which means you saved yourself a whopping 2MB. guess it can add up over time, but is it really worth it?

also the video quality is pretty high, you could always save some space by reducing it i'd think.

robbalvey
03-06-2005, 12:47 PM
just to play devil's advocate tho, mpegs are already compressed so zip'ing them won't help much. you only got a compression rate of 5% on this one which means you saved yourself a whopping 2MB. guess it can add up over time, but is it really worth it?

Yeah, it is worth it to be honest. Most of our videos get download about 5,000 times per month on average...and when you figure that we now have something like 30 videos available, that 2MB per video over tens of thousands of downloads actually helps us out a lot with our monthly bandwidth.

I decided to make the visual quality of this video a little higher than others because it's dark and hard to see, so it needed to be a bit higher quality.

--Robb

Disney Vault
03-06-2005, 12:55 PM
I love your website. You write the best captions for your pictures and the park videos are always the best.

robbalvey
03-06-2005, 09:54 PM
^ Thanks! Glad you like the site and the video.

I hope the video helps people get an idea what the ride is like.

--Robb

SoCalDude
03-07-2005, 01:27 AM
Great video! Always did love the videos you have on the site.

robbalvey
03-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Great video! Always did love the videos you have on the site.
Thanks! The video was down for a day or so because it got downloaded so many times, but it's back working now!

Hope everyone is getting high scores! =)

--Robb