PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Buzz Targets

rexfarms
03-06-2005, 02:47 AM
This evening a CM at Buzz told me that different shaped targets score different point. The higest to lowest is triangles, diamonds, squares then circles. She also added that there is a hidden target that if you hit, give you huge ammount of points. Does anybody know where this hidden target it? :)

sdfilmcritic
03-06-2005, 07:24 AM
I personally don't know where the hidden target is, but I heard about it a long time ago. There's one hidden in the WDW version as well. I heard the difference between the WDW's hidden target and the one at DLR is a point value system that can be adjusted by votes per day on the internet. Does anyone know if the internet interaction for the hidden target has been implemented?

SoCalDisneyLover
03-06-2005, 08:12 AM
I had read recently that the internet aspect will not be up and running for another month or two.

rentayenta
03-06-2005, 08:35 AM
This is starting to sound like a very confusing ride :(

ChipmunkStar
03-06-2005, 08:39 AM
There is a Zurg figure that waves back and forth, and when he move a certain way, there is a Triangle Z on the wall behind him. Good luck hitting it, it's pretty far away... There's another triangle Z on the back of one of the figures that goes in circles (sorry, I can't think of the name of the room). There are three figures going in circles, and when it's farthest away from you, the backside has a triangle target.

I've found my favorite times on the ride are when it has to stop for a wheelchair load, and you can sit for minutes in front of a target and get loads of points at a time.

Drince88
03-06-2005, 09:26 AM
In the WDW version, there is a high point target in each room. I wouldn't necessarily say it's hidden - you just have to know where they are (sort of hidden in plain sight).

Interesting that there are different shaped targets - I believe at WDW they are all the same shape, just have different points. (Could be wrong on the shape, though).

I just hope the queue at DL is acoustically more friendly than the one in WDW. Low ceiling, crammed full of excited people, all surfaces hard - and I don't have sensitive ears. I feel for those people who are sensitive to loud volumes in that queue.

cstephens
03-06-2005, 09:28 AM
This is starting to sound like a very confusing ride :(

I think that's really only the case if you're bent on having a high score. I liked riding it for the fun. Yeah, there's a scoreboard, but racking up points is not my reason for riding it. I think those who want the higher scores will pay more attention to what gets you a higher score if you hit it. Otherwise, just enjoy the ride.

rentayenta
03-06-2005, 09:32 AM
I think that's really only the case if you're bent on having a high score. I liked riding it for the fun. Yeah, there's a scoreboard, but racking up points is not my reason for riding it. I think those who want the higher scores will pay more attention to what gets you a higher score if you hit it. Otherwise, just enjoy the ride.

Cool. The last thing I want to do at Disneyland is compete for anything. ;)
Too bad I have vowed not to ride it this trip. The ride looks really cool!

timl33
03-06-2005, 09:48 AM
I *think* I found it yesterday, but couldn't hit it as we left the room too fast. Let me tell you what I THINK it is, and someone can confirm later.

There's a "dark" hallway right before the room where Buzz is shooting at Zurg. (you move through THAT room sort of like Madam Leota's room at HM). On the right hand side, there appeared to be a Zurg target that blended in with the dark wall. It wasn't lit, wasn't marked, it was just a raised "Z" in all black to match the wall. By the time I noticed it, it was too late as I was out of range.

This evening a CM at Buzz told me that different shaped targets score different point. The higest to lowest is triangles, diamonds, squares then circles. She also added that there is a hidden target that if you hit, give you huge ammount of points. Does anybody know where this hidden target it? :)