PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou Menu Question

spacemountain85
03-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Just a quick question for the Blue Bayou buffs out there. Is it possible to just have dessert there? My family doesn't care much for their menu, but of course we really enjoy the atmosphere. Just checking to make sure we won't get kicked out for being "cheapskates." ;)

MrsG
03-05-2005, 07:21 PM
You can get whatever you want. Go for it!

rentayenta
03-05-2005, 07:24 PM
You can get whatever you want. Go for it!

Cool! CC, Christiii, and I are going there on Thursday night. I'm glad we all don't have to order meals. I have never sat waterside :(

Niwel
03-05-2005, 09:23 PM
When you call the Dine line you can ask for a waterside -- your odds on a Thursday should be pretty good. Then when you go to BB, let them know you requested water side. You might have to wait a bit, but let them know you really want it -- and are willing to wait. :)

disneygurl92
03-05-2005, 09:28 PM
oh my gosh for 13 years I haven't been in the blue bayou. Everytime we try the next opening is like 3:00 when we get there right when it opens.

Niwel
03-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Gotta call in advance (714) 781-DINE. Walk ups are few and far-between at the BB. Priority seating will get you the time you want. :)

spacemountain85
03-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! Now, does anybody have a dessert recommendation? :D

I Heart Disneyland!
03-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! Now, does anybody have a dessert recommendation? :D

Don't know if they still have this, but, I LOVE the chocolate pecan pie. Yummy, yummy!!!

sdfilmcritic
03-06-2005, 06:26 AM
All I had on the dessert menu was the deep fried bananna cheesecake. I have mixed opinions about it. I'm a huge cheesecake fan, but it was my first and only time tasting a deep fried one. It was too rich for my blood.

rentayenta
03-06-2005, 06:34 AM
When you call the Dine line you can ask for a waterside -- your odds on a Thursday should be pretty good. Then when you go to BB, let them know you requested water side. You might have to wait a bit, but let them know you really want it -- and are willing to wait. :)

I made the reservation through VP and asked him to request a waterside table. Should I call the day before as a reminder or just request it again when we get there?

bradk
03-06-2005, 06:41 AM
I made the reservation through VP and asked him to request a waterside table. Should I call the day before as a reminder or just request it again when we get there?

you'll have to request it when you get there regardless. and you should get there 15-20 mins before your scheduled time. if you really want the waterside table, make sure the cm knows you're willing to wait for one.

rentayenta
03-06-2005, 06:46 AM
you'll have to request it when you get there regardless. and you should get there 15-20 mins before your scheduled time. if you really want the waterside table, make sure the cm knows you're willing to wait for one.

Thanks bradk.

cstephens
03-06-2005, 08:31 AM
When you call the Dine line you can ask for a waterside -- your odds on a Thursday should be pretty good.

Actually, asking for a waterside table through the dining line doesn't do any good. They'll tell you to tell the people when you check in. Unless you're at the beginning of a seating, there is generally an additional wait for a waterside table. The last time I was there, they were saying an extra 15 minutes, which didn't seem too bad.

Niwel
03-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Re: desserts. When I go in the fall/winter they have the chocolate NBC-themed coffin. I don't know if it is year-round, but it is delicious!