PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Cake Toppers

yellowrosedtxn
03-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know if there are castle cake toppers at DL? I would really like to find one while I am there, if they have one. Thanks in advance.

bradk
03-05-2005, 07:03 PM
i would assume so. mouseshoppe.com has them listed: http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=244

yellowrosedtxn
03-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks, I have seen those before, but I was wondering if they had these castles ones. I had looked through some of the wedding pictures that were done at Disney (on the Disney Wedding sight) and saw some cakes that looked like it had a castle on top of it. I am not sure if that was part of the cake or not. I guess I could e-mail them too.

AVP
03-05-2005, 07:46 PM
There is not a castle "cake topper" per se available for sale from the Disney parks. There are several castle figurines which could be used as a cake topper if you were so inclined. I know that Fairy Tale Weddings offers a special cake topper, but only for cakes purchased from them. There is a white chocolate castle also available through Fairy Tale Weddings, and it's something like $250. Arribas Bros also offers a spun glass cake topper for several hundred dollars. Lenox will be introducing a Sleeping Beauty Castle figure later this year, which I expect brides will use as a cake topper. Amy Goldminc has a Cinderella castle figure out right now, but it's HUGE and expensive.

AVP

yellowrosedtxn
03-07-2005, 04:18 AM
Thanks. I appreciate the help. At least I won't be out there looking forever for it when I get to DL.

Oldtimer
03-07-2005, 07:20 AM
I think I have seen a castle cake topper...

Think it was at Eurogifts in the Hotel.
No idea if they still have one or not though.
Good luck on your search.

EDIT: Should have read AVP's entire post think that Eurogifts is an Arribas Bros location :p

Oldtimer :cool:

howgirl
03-07-2005, 08:41 AM
I know my friend had a local glass blower make her one. It was pretty cool and about $100

Earkid
03-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Visit the glass blowers shop in NOS too. I've seen beautiful castle's there before. Didn't notice the cost.

DJ_MENTOS
03-07-2005, 11:40 AM
The Disney store in DTD had a cake topper two weeks ago. It is of the Prince and Sleeping Beauty. I have seen this same cake topper in DCA at "Off the Page" and also in Disneyland.

hammertime
03-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I found a blown glass castle cake top for my wedding 1 1/2 years ago. I found it on ebay for $15.

I remember seeing similar ones at the blown glass vendar cart in Downtown Disney. I think they ran about $65 on up.

It's a very pretty reminder of my wedding. I have it sitting in a glass cabnet and with a mirror underneath it.

yellowrosedtxn
03-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Cool! I forgot about Ebay. I'll check it out. I am not sure "what" I want, but I'll know when I see it.