PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland disappointment

dalhar35
03-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Tomorrowland was a big disappointment last week. With Space mountain down and Buzz not ready yet we spent very little time there. We did Honey I shrunk the Audience and it was the same one we saw last trip 4 years ago. Innoventions was okay and we spent about 2 hours there. Other than that we checked out a few shops and went on Autopia and Star tours once apiece.

Does Disney have any plans to redo this area. It seems to me even when Space reopens and adding Buzz, Tomorrowland needs a new vision. One of my vague memories of going when I was 5 was the submarines and how the place had a real futuristic theme. I don't feel that the current setup has that futuristic feeling it once did. I know it all boils down to money, but surely they could open this place back up a little and restore a little furturism. Star Tours was our least favorite ride-still the same one as 4 years ago and just didn't do it for us. The ride is old and needs to be revamped or replaced.

MrsG
03-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Innoventions was okay and we spent about 2 hours there.
:eek: Wow! That's 1 hour and 55 minutes more than I can stand!

disneyperson
03-05-2005, 03:38 PM
You spent two hours in Innoventions? How?

bradk
03-05-2005, 03:54 PM
i dunno why you're so down on tomorrowland and attractions like autotopia. it may be hard to believe, but someday many people will own those odd looking machines they call automobiles. in fact, there will be so many cars that there will be magical phenomenons such as traffic and gridlock. and there will be these things called microwave ovens which will let you bake a potato in just under 3 hours.

believe it.

dalhar35
03-05-2005, 04:10 PM
You spent two hours in Innoventions? How?

I wondered around mostly watching my three girls-they had a good time but my wife and I bored of it pretty fast. I felt like I was at a time share presentation during the kitchen episode

Christiii
03-05-2005, 04:12 PM
when I was there last week, we spent more time in Tommorowland than I have in 20 years..she is new to DL, so I was trying to give her the grand tour...more like an annoying tour, since Im sure she didnt want to hear all my lil DL tidbits...oh well..so what...hehe..anyhoo...I MISS THE SUBS!! I kind of try to forget that dead area, but after talking to her baout them I really miss them...they HAVE to bring them back!! Also, what is going in the area that had the moon rock stuff?? it was just kind of boarded up if I remember right...also we looked around Innoventions and, while laaaaaame, its better than it was when they gave the lecture about the home of the future...its more geared to kids now I guess....Iwent looking for the Sega rides, hoping I could roll around Innoventions for awhile, but alas, it was about a three ft. trip..and my lame friend had to wait in line 45 min to do it..now wasnt I glad to have suggested it!! :rolleyes:

disneyperson
03-05-2005, 04:17 PM
I wondered around mostly watching my three girls-they had a good time but my wife and I bored of it pretty fast. I felt like I was at a time share presentation during the kitchen episode
ha, ha, you got that right!

Disney Vault
03-05-2005, 06:08 PM
You will be happy to know that tomorrowland actually has a five year plan. Marcie from Mouseinfo said "I unfortunately cannot commit too in writing what some of the ideas are for TL over the next 5 years, but if even half of the ideas get approved it will certainly bring the land more to life again. Plus, it might help many of us relive some of our favorite pastime experiences in the land."

BTW- Marcie is not just an average disney fan. She is a very reliable source and works for disney.