PDA

View Full Version : How is Rod Miller doing?

TikiGeek
03-05-2005, 02:58 PM
I know Rod had back surgery about a month ago and has been out recovering - Does anyone know how he is doing and when he will be back? I've heard that Alan Thompson (the other half of "Four Hand Piano") has been working weekends while Rod is recuperating - does anyone on MP talk to Alan? Any news would be appreciated. Best wishes to Rod for a speedy and complete recovery :)

TIA - Tiki

disneyperson
03-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Oh dear! I hope Mr. Miller is feeling better. We always make a point of stopping to chat with him and listen to him play. Even though we only visit every few months, he always remembers us. I'll miss him next weekend.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-05-2005, 05:13 PM
What I love about Rod Miller is that even if we'd not been there for a year, he always ACTED like he remembered our kids, and they'd always come away saying, "He remembers us", which I know he couldn't possibly have, because he sees millions of faces. What a dear man, I hope he's okay too.

RStar
03-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with Rod. Speeding recovery, dear freind!

We have been visiting him for about 15 years ourselves, and he has watched our kids grow up. It's people like him that give Disneyland personality above and beyond what Walt built!

sdfilmcritic
03-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Does anyone know what the back surgery was meant to specifically fix?

bradk
03-06-2005, 06:45 AM
Does anyone know what the back surgery was meant to specifically fix?

evidently he's had a history of problems with his back, but not sure what the original problem was. it's mentioned in an article on LP here (http://members.laughingplace.com/rodmiller/article.htm) that he was operated on at 14 with the expectation of never being able to walk again. he's also had back surgery multiple times since then.

disneyperson
03-08-2005, 10:21 AM
We would like to send Mr. Miller a get well card. Is there an address for Cast Member mail at DL?

bradk
03-08-2005, 11:08 AM
you can try emailing cornercafe@laughingplace.com and see if they have any additional information.

ToursbabeC3po
03-08-2005, 03:26 PM
The great thing about disneyland and mail you can mail cast members very easily. all you have to put is.

Rod Miller
Disneyland Entertainment
Anaheim California

I had recieved mail several times from people out of the the USA and out of the state that way. It will get to him :-)
Toursbabe

disneyperson
03-08-2005, 04:32 PM
The great thing about disneyland and mail you can mail cast members very easily. all you have to put is.

Rod Miller
Disneyland Entertainment
Anaheim California

I had recieved mail several times from people out of the the USA and out of the state that way. It will get to him :-)
Toursbabe

Thanks so much, we'll mail it tomorrow. Are you sure we won't need at least a zip code?

ToursbabeC3po
03-08-2005, 04:40 PM
All mine said was

My Name
star tours
disneyland
ananheim ca

I Heart Disneyland!
03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
All mine said was

My Name
star tours
disneyland
ananheim ca

Thanks Tourbabe! Good to know!!! :) Hope you are doing well!

bradk
03-08-2005, 05:42 PM
technically zip codes are never needed, but having one won't hurt. in fact, not having one will probably impede the delivery process (hence the nifty acronym zip which makes more sense than what it actually stands for).

Disneyland's full address is:

1313 S HARBOR BLVD
ANAHEIM CA 92802-2309

JivinJungleSkipper85
03-09-2005, 04:28 AM
From what I've heard so far, Rod is doing fine...he is only supposed to be out for 6-8 weeks...I'll see Alan this weekend and if I remember, I'll find out more info...

disneyperson
03-09-2005, 11:45 AM
technically zip codes are never needed, but having one won't hurt. in fact, not having one will probably impede the delivery process (hence the nifty acronym zip which makes more sense than what it actually stands for).

Disneyland's full address is:

1313 S HARBOR BLVD
ANAHEIM CA 92802-2309
Thanks a lot.