PDA

View Full Version : The new Splash Mountain logs

Disney Vault
03-05-2005, 12:09 PM
http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=31&update_dir=2005_03_04

Disneygeek.com has new pictures of the splash mountain logs.

SCUBAbe
03-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Thise look cool. Did they add one or two seats to the log? Or I think they use to have 5 seats and now there are 7? I wonder how cramped the log will be now?

disneyperson
03-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Looks like everyone in the log will be able to show up in the photo. I'll miss being able stretch out in the back seat though.

Uncle Remus
03-05-2005, 01:14 PM
why did they make the back of the log so high? i like the old version better, and the brer rabbit on the front looks wierd.

SallySkellington
03-05-2005, 01:22 PM
i like the old version better, and the brer rabbit on the front looks wierd.

Anybody else think that carving looks like Frank? :p

disneyperson
03-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Anybody else think that carving looks like Frank? :p
I just looked again, Yup, he kinda does.

Disney Vault
03-05-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't have a problem with the logs. They had to get new ones anyway so they didn't spend the money just so they could do this. And anything that might make the line go a little faster is good in my book.

Earkid
03-05-2005, 08:09 PM
My husband's knees will NOT fit into those new logs.

The people in the last single seat are going to be nearly sitting in the laps of those on the rear bench seat.

SCUBAbe
03-05-2005, 08:21 PM
My husband's knees will NOT fit into those new logs.

The people in the last single seat are going to be nearly sitting in the laps of those on the rear bench seat.
and the front one doesn't look there's anywhere to sit...maybe they are jsut testing..:)

Earkid
03-05-2005, 08:29 PM
and the front one doesn't look there's anywhere to sit...maybe they are jsut testing..:)

I agree about the front seat too SCUBAbe, I was picturing a little kid getting a bloody nose as he faceplants into the front of the log on the drop. I hope you are correct about the "just testing". The seats do look temporary, no padding!!

SoCalDude
03-05-2005, 09:04 PM
As I said the first time we saw the new logs some time ago - they look horrible. But I will hold off my final call till I sit in one of them.

kristen
03-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Is it just me or do the pictures of the logs look different from each other...the one with the white boxes look as if the seats are placed w/ the front on the rt. the second on the left and the third on the rt and so on until it hits the back...the one without the boxes has the seats in a straight row...confused i am! Anyway, I don't much like the carving on the front either, but hey, it doesn't matter much if the ride still rocks!

disneygurl92
03-05-2005, 10:32 PM
thats really creepy that it was running without water on the falls.

nsyncitnd1787
03-05-2005, 10:42 PM
the white boxes (water filled busts) are probably just sitting like that so they could distribute the weight more evenly or to see what would happen if the seats were like that. maybe they are deciding if they want to move the seats around on either side or if they want they straight down the middle.... i don't think my knees will fit either. i have very long legs (i'm like 5'7" but my torso is short, so i have VERY long legs).... i'm just hoping that the leg room is more than it looks. if not, city hall will hear from me!