PDA

View Full Version : Will the 50th Celebration disrupt the Christmas stuff?

pisces
03-05-2005, 10:40 AM
We know that the celebration starts May 5th. But, when does it end?

Not to be a party pooper or anything, but I count on them for a large part of my Christmas cheer, and I'd be very disappointed if they don't do all the special stuff they did this past Christmas.

Specifically, will these things still occur for Christmas 2005:

1. Santa Goofy
2. The large tree in Main Street
3. Haunted Mansion Holiday
4. Christmas Fantasy Parade
5. Small World Holiday
6. Believe Fireworks with snow

They cannot cancel Christmas!!! Does anyone know how they usually plan to deal with it during the 50th celebration?

AaronInCal
03-05-2005, 12:28 PM
No one knows yet how the 50th Celebration will effect Christmas at Disneyland, but you can bet they will still have the Christmas tree and most of the decorations. They will also have Haunted Mansion Holiday as well as Small World Holiday. Whis is really unknown is will they have the Christmas Parade and fireworks. Rumor going around now is they may move the Christmas Parade over to DCA. Also, they may either add some Christmas elements into the new "Remember" fireworks show, or have a Christmas-type ending so they can still have the snow. Hopefully more details will come out about this eventually.

rentayenta
03-05-2005, 12:30 PM
I bet it will be better than ever :D The 50th celebration last 18 months.

Our Christmas trip is planned for December 16-22 at the DLH (I hope). I just cannot imagine staying anywhere else. :fez:

pisces
03-05-2005, 01:28 PM
I bet it will be better than ever :D The 50th celebration last 18 months.

Our Christmas trip is planned for December 16-22 at the DLH (I hope). I just cannot imagine staying anywhere else. :fez:

Well, that's thinking positively.

Oh, the 50th lasts for 18 months? That's one long anniversary.

I hope moving the Christmas Fantasy Parade over to DCA won't cancel the Electrical Parade. That was one of the things I forgot to do on my last trip----the Electrical Parade, mostly because it kept raining.

But, that's great news about the Mansion and Small World.

I really feel they can mix Believe with Remember. Those two themes don't clash at all.

There has to be snow. That's all there is to it.

pisces
03-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Yenta: get outta town. You are going in 4 days. You are not exactly in the same position as those of us who have 270-something days left......although this year has moved fast and spring is only two weeks away!!!

Easter comes early this year, we are moving through 2005 fast!!!

And, can you believe I've already booked my GCH stay? It feels very excessive to do it this far in advance, but I was worried, what with the crowds expected, that the 50th makes it wise to get my place early.

And, I didn't want to give myself any time to wiesel out, or look for less costly alternatives.

Looks like I'll be going hog-wild -n- crazy with the spending again, next December.

Oh well, I've got 9 months to save up, I guess.

rentayenta
03-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Yenta: get outta town. You are going in 4 days. You are not exactly in the same position as those of us who have 270-something days left......although this year has moved fast and spring is only two weeks away!!!

And, can you believe I've already booked my GCH stay? It feels very excessive to to it this far in advance, but I was worried, what with the crowds expected, that the 50th makes it wise to get my place early.

And, I didn't want to give myself any time to wiesel out, or look for less costly alternatives.

Looks like I'll be going hog-wild -n- crazy with the spending again, next December.

Oh well, I've 9 months to save up, I guess.

I am so happy for you. I know how much you enjoyed your trip last year. The GCH is just beautiful!

I am with you on the less costly alternatives. I tried to think I would stay elsewhere but I know me better than that ;) I have found some unreal rates for our trip this Decemeber. I wish I had the $$ to spend right now. But with our finishing the basement is just isn't feasible. I guess a new fireplace is more important than paying for our Christmas trip, right now anyway ;)

SoCalDude
03-05-2005, 04:55 PM
LOL - talk about overlay overload :p

But I am sure the Christmas stuff this year will be extra nice - I hope they will put some 50th logos on the Christmas stuff.

Daveylegs
03-05-2005, 05:05 PM
When do all of the Christmas celebrations begin? I am going right before Thanksgiving. I'm assuming everything will be up by then.

Daveylegs
03-06-2005, 07:47 PM
I thought I'd give this thread a friendly bump since nobody has answered my question yet. Thanks!

ozbeauticn
03-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Last year we went the week before Disneyland and left the Wednesday right before. Most of the Christmas decorations were up, but not everything. Santa was not out yet, and there are other things (that I can't think of right now) that only start on Thanksgiving day or that weekend. But overall, it is already Christmas around Disneyland.

Daveylegs
03-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Last year we went the week before Disneyland and left the Wednesday right before.

Do you mean the week before Thanksgiving?

gothemi
03-07-2005, 08:52 AM

And, can you believe I've already booked my GCH stay? It feels very excessive to do it this far in advance, but I was worried, what with the crowds expected, that the 50th makes it wise to get my place early.

Oh well, I've got 9 months to save up, I guess.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who booked a trip for X-mas that far in advance. I was worried about the increased crowds as well, but the AAA travel person said they haven't gotten any more or less requests this year.

sierranevada
03-07-2005, 09:04 AM
When do all of the Christmas celebrations begin? I am going right before Thanksgiving. I'm assuming everything will be up by then.

Christmas decorations are usually up by the first weekend in Nov. The Holiday Parade, Christmas Tour and fireworks usually start the weekend before Thanksgiving. Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay is already listed in the refurb schedule - IASW isn't yet but normally doesn't get listed until sometime in the summer. What AaronInCal said seems to be the likely senario. I have heard that it is "confirmed" that the Christmas Fantasy Parade will move to CA so the Parade of Dreams can continue to show in DL. Haven't heard what they plan to do with the fireworks but incorporating Believe into Remember - or at least having it snow as the finale - seems a reasonable guess. They know alot of people come for the snow so I can't see them not working it into the fireworks.

Christmas is such a special time at Disneyland - I am sure that the 50th celebration will work with it to compliment it, not replace it.