PDA

View Full Version : Disney Hotel Shuttle Service?

Cherene
03-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Hi, I am going to jump right in and ask a question. First I want to say I have gained so much information from this site, and love it!

We have booked our trip through Disney Travel for our next trip. We
scheduled to have the shuttle pick us up at the airport. From what I
understood it was a shuttle service that serves only the Disneyland
hotels. Is this correct?

We have had a bad experience with shuttle services that pick up and
drop off all around the area - making us late numerous times.

Any information on this would help.

Daveylegs
03-05-2005, 04:37 AM
We've booked our Disneyland vacations through Disneyland Travel.

Unfortunately you'll be on a shuttle that'll likely take a few stops. Both times I've used the shuttle, our stop at the DLH was the last stop.

But it really didn't delay us very much. The hotels are all pretty close to each other.

Coming back to the airport, we've had the van to ourselves.

disneyhound
03-05-2005, 06:15 AM
The shuttles (vans) hold 6-8 folks, so depending upon how large any given group is, you may have 3 or 4 stops total. It depends on what hotel you are at, and that of the others. The van drivers do not want to do any extra driving, they select the most time-efficient route, so they can quickly pick up their next group; the drivers make a lot of money from tips! We have used the shuttle service from John Wayne for the last three years, we were the first drop-off one time, and the last as well. ;)

PsychDoc
03-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Agreed with the above posts. You'll probally make 2 or 3 stops before yours. Probally PP and GCH. The Disneyland Hotel is always last. Going back, good news, you are the last pick up and then go straight to the airport. My daughter and I had to literally run to make the shuttle. I had to go on Splash one more time. We were sweating and panting but we laughed all the way to the airport. The hotel staff were so good. They saw how hard we were running so they grabbed our loose bags and tied up my daughter's ballons so she could hold them on the trip home.

dalhar35
03-05-2005, 07:29 AM
We took the motor coach and it was nice. The seats were nice and comfortable and there was only about 8 other people both ways. The coach made no stops other than to drop us off or pick us up from the DLH. I would definetly use the coach nest time.

Cherene
03-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Thank you everyone. I don't mind if it is the DL area hotels, just not all over town :)

Is the coach a different shuttle service?

Christiii
03-05-2005, 04:02 PM
what shuttle are you talking about?? Super shuttle or does the DL hotel have its own?? Coaster and I are flying in on Thurs..so any info would be great!! I just assumed I would talke the Supershuttle...

sleepyjeff
03-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Unless the voucher is part of the package that cannot be taken off(ie, on the Walt Disney Travel co packs the shuttle voucher can be taken off and the price of the package is reduced by about $15+/- per person) get your money back for the vouchers and take a cab. You go direct to your hotel, you pay only about $35.00(up to 4 adults) each way, and the cab will leave the curb of the Airport as soon as you and your luggage are in the cab(as opposed to waiting for the van to be full).

Cherene
03-06-2005, 07:57 AM
this is part of our package but I believe it is a supper shuttle. But from what I understand it only goes to the hotels at the park and not private residences which is what I was worried about.

We were thinking of the taxi but wouldn't it come out more expensive in the end?

dalhar35
03-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Is the coach a different shuttle service?

The shuttle is a blue van that seats around 8-10 people-The Coach is a bus that seats around 30 or so. The coach seats are much nicer with more room and you have lights and airvents above you like on an airplane. I think the coach runs about $25 a piece compared to a lower price for the shuttle.

bradk
03-06-2005, 10:36 AM
We were thinking of the taxi but wouldn't it come out more expensive in the end?

depends on how many people who are going and what airport you're coming from. the taxi doesn't cost per person. if there are 3 people or more, private transportation becomes a better option. either by taxi or even by private car/limo.

leota's necklace
03-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Agreed with the above posts. You'll probally make 2 or 3 stops before yours. Probally PP and GCH. The Disneyland Hotel is always last.

Not always...a year and a half ago I used SS and the first stop was in a parking lot to drop someone at their car, the second was DLH, and I was dropped third at the GCH.