PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Food?

SeansMom
03-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Okay, I admit it...I'm kinda granola and I like my vegies and fruits and really good food. Is there anyplace in Disneyland that offers healthy choices? :rolleyes: I keep finding threads about pizza...monte cristo sandwhiches, and the like. How about salads? Fresh fruit? Help is greatly appreciated!

dalhar35
03-04-2005, 07:16 PM
whitewater snacks in the GCH had some fresh fruit and packaged, sliced fresh fruit for sale. Also Pluto's dog house in Toontown had packaged fresh fruit. Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's grotto both had salads on the menu or buffet style. I think quite a few places offer healthy food but I wasn't looking for it-I was on vacation and that means my diet takes a vacation also. :)

rentayenta
03-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Rocket Redd's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland offers salads and you can get the dressing on the side.

Bengall BBQ does veggies skewers.

Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA has a yummy grilled BBQ chicken salad, just leave off the fried onions.

SCUBAbe
03-04-2005, 07:22 PM
yeah, they have $5.00 apples and other fruit throughout the park..:)

Surfingstitch
03-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Okay, I admit it...I'm kinda granola and I like my vegies and fruits and really good food. Is there anyplace in Disneyland that offers healthy choices? :rolleyes: I keep finding threads about pizza...monte cristo sandwhiches, and the like. How about salads? Fresh fruit? Help is greatly appreciated!

Some places offer granola for breakfast.

Sugarcane
03-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Are you saying a Monte Cristo isn't healthy???

SeansMom
03-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the info....one more attempt here...
How about this...are their any health food stores in the neighborhood so I can just pack in some healthy snacks...
hmmmm...sugarcane.....I guess that just depends on your definition....

sediment
03-05-2005, 12:18 PM
You can bring your own snacks from home. Especially granola and granola bars.
There's a fruit stand in DCA and a fruit stand in NOS or Critter Country (?).
One day of regular-folk food won't kill you. Unless you're allergic.
Plaza Inn has veggies. Find someone who will eat the Fried Chicken, and split the meal.
The finer restaurants at GCH and DCA will be able to whip up something to your specifications. You wouldn't be the first to ask.

splash
03-06-2005, 07:45 AM
In DCA there is a stand near the "It's a Bug's Life" feature. It has fresh fruits, etc....