PDA

View Full Version : Walking distance grocery store

howgirl
03-04-2005, 06:39 PM
I was wondering if anybody knew a place to pick up a few groceries that is in walking distance from the Park Place Inn on Harbor. We would like to buy some things to take to the park, but don’t want to carry them on the plane. Any suggestions? Thanks

bradk
03-04-2005, 07:30 PM
the tropicana inn has a mini mart and there's a 7-11 at the corner of katella & harbor. other than that, they're probably out of walking distance.

Darkbeer
03-05-2005, 07:33 AM
The closest Grocery Store is a Food 4 Less (operated by Kroger/Ralphs) on Katella, about one mile west of the DLR. For some folks, that is too far, for others, it is OK.

Another option is to take a bus up Harbor to the Disney's Character Warehouse and another Food 4 Less, just north of the 91. And there is also an In-n-Out... So you could get discounted Disney souveiners, snacks and groceries, and a excellent meal all at the same time!

Wendi
03-05-2005, 08:29 AM
I would take the bus, it's cheap and you won't have to lug everything very far. Plus it's easy, just a straight shot up the street.

SarahJanet
03-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Can you guys tell me which bus to take to get to the Character Warehouse/grocery store? We're going to go there on our first day in Anaheim. I know I've seen directions before, but I can't remember which bus it is. Thanks!

mkcbunny
04-14-2005, 09:15 PM
This forum rocks! I swear, every time I think of a specific topic, when I search it, someone else has asked that very question already and there's a thread on it. Thanks everyone for all of your helpful answers in all of the threads! :)

CrazyTrain
04-15-2005, 08:20 AM
In-N-Out?
Psssh, if you're at the Character Warehouse, go to Sonic. *drool*

Disneynerd
04-15-2005, 10:33 AM
We stopped at Food4Less when we visited 3/15. It's NOT walking distance and I consider myself in fair shape. It was also scary. I hope I don't make anyone angry, but Anaheim isnt' the greatest of neighborhoods IMO.

...crouching, squinting, waiting for someone to go off on me.....

tod
04-15-2005, 10:48 AM
We stopped at Food4Less when we visited 3/15. It's NOT walking distance and I consider myself in fair shape. It was also scary. I hope I don't make anyone angry, but Anaheim isnt' the greatest of neighborhoods IMO.

...crouching, squinting, waiting for someone to go off on me.....

It's the same as every city in the world: Some parts are better than others.

Too bad that stretch of Katella is so scuzzy.

--t

hlbtimes2
04-15-2005, 11:46 AM
A couple years ago we were staying the BW Stovalls, and I need cold med's for my then 2 year old. I went out walking to find a store to buy some. HUGE mistake. I took me forever to get to one. I know I walked well over a mile each way. Had I been at all smart I would have called a cab from the store. I waited a while for a bus on the way back, but there wasnt a posted schedule and I had no idea how long it would be before the next bus went by.

TikiGeek
04-15-2005, 12:32 PM
The closest Grocery Store is a Food 4 Less (operated by Kroger/Ralphs) on Katella, about one mile west of the DLR. For some folks, that is too far, for others, it is OK.We walked there once from the Hojo's when we ran out of rum. I remember the walk wasn't too bad. ;)

mkcbunny
04-15-2005, 12:41 PM
We walked there once from the Hojo's when we ran out of rum. I remember the walk wasn't too bad. ;)

That's because you drank all that rum. :) How long from the HoJo's? Or is your memory fuzzy on that?

TikiGeek
04-15-2005, 12:50 PM
How long from the HoJo's? Or is your memory fuzzy on that?I remember the walk, not much else :D It took about 20-25 minutes each way. That was at a pace of "medium-fast stagger". ;)