PDA

View Full Version : If I change my mind one more time...

Spookygirl
03-04-2005, 10:29 AM
I think my husband is going to kill me.

I changed our character meal reservations again. I want to ride the shuttle to Disneyland, and not worry about parking, so I changed to the Princess Breakfast, figuring that is that much less walking for my daughter, and no need to park at DH and walk to the park after breakfast.

I figure, every one of those places have good days and bad days, and the reviews I have read mostly support this thought, so hopefully I will get there on a good day ;)

rentayenta
03-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Welcome to my world :D

Tinkerbelle923
03-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Ditto, After a while my DH just nods and sais 'anything you want honey'

Spookygirl
03-04-2005, 10:56 AM
oops! I don't think my voucher will work there, calling to check, the hold time is awful today :(

Spookygirl
03-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Nope, vouchers only good for lunch :(

Now it's a question of where I can get lunch the latest in the day. Goofy is closing at noon :(

Earkid
03-04-2005, 11:22 AM
I think my husband is going to kill me. That's why you don't tell them any details till you are actually there. :D Luckily my DH is like Tinkerbelle923's, he has learned to just nod and smile.

dalhar35
03-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Breakfast in the park vouchers work at Princess breakfast $8.31 a piece I believe off your meal-I used them last week and got 50.00 off of our 109.00 tag

Spookygirl
03-04-2005, 11:57 AM
I have Get Away Today Character Meal vouchers. I called them even, and there isn't anything we can do, unless I want to pay for the breakfast and then wait for a refund on the lunch, not something I am willing to do at this point...

rentayenta
03-04-2005, 11:59 AM
I have Get Away Today Character Meal vouchers. I called them even, and there isn't anything we can do, unless I want to pay for the breakfast and then wait for a refund on the lunch, not something I am willing to do at this point...

I would do the breakfast. You might not want to take a huge break at lunch time. Just a thought :)

Wendi
03-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Wow, I thought Goofy's had lunch! I would've said have fun in the park then head over on the monorail to shorten the walk... but since they don't do lunch it sounds like Ariel's Grotto will be your best bet. It's inside DCA and it's pretty nice!

Spookygirl
03-05-2005, 08:32 AM
I decided to go with Goofy at 11:30. It's an off day anyways, hopefully the park won't be too crowded, and most of all, I need to relax, take a deep breath and remind myself that DD is only 2 and I may need to let go of some of my expectations :) So, I figure we will take the shuttle to the parks, get our tickets and such, and leisurely wander through DTD, since I have never been there! The earliest reservation we could get for breakfast was 9:10am, so either way, getting to the park for opening was not going to be an option.

Earkid
03-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi Spookygirl,
We did Goofy's at 11:30 one time since we wanted to eat there closer to lunch time. The place was virtually empty. We were seated immediately and saw so many characters. Aladdin spent 10 minutes talking with my 7 yo niece. We actually saw the same Aladdin in the park later on and he waved and said Hi Morgan!! She was so thrilled and ran up and gave him a big hug.

Of course this was in September when crowds are notoriously low. But I hope you have the same luck we did. !! :)

MsYumiBr
03-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi Spookygirl,
We did Goofy's at 11:30 one time since we wanted to eat there closer to lunch time. The place was virtually empty. We were seated immediately and saw so many characters. Aladdin spent 10 minutes talking with my 7 yo niece. We actually saw the same Aladdin in the park later on and he waved and said Hi Morgan!! She was so thrilled and ran up and gave him a big hug.

Of course this was in September when crowds are notoriously low. But I hope you have the same luck we did. !! :)

Oh, you don't say! I went to Goofy's Monday on President's weekend and it was a zoo. They were turning people away who didn't have reservations and so many people were waiting to be seated that they were sitting on the floor, including my family. We even had ressies for 11:30 but waited so long that I had time to go to the lobby, stand in a huge line and buy an autograph book. The characters weren't stopping by our table so my husband had to talk to the manager about it. They seated us in one place and then after a minute or two, moved us to a less frequented table in the birthday zone (since it was my birthday). I would have been happier at the first table. I didn't need the happy birthday thing. Goofy actually injured his foot while dancing! That was scary. Then Peter Pan was in the lobby with Hook and Smeed and was actually so much like Peter Pan I wanted to sock him! Hook and Smeed ran out of the lobby to the outer area where we were standing, my daughters caught him for a photo op with Daddy taking the picture and autograph books out. They wouldn't have gotten the autograph without my husband's Navy talk. Peter came out to call them back in. I had no idea what was going on and found his demeanor and way he recalled the characters irritating and I was moderately embarassed. The food, however, was fantastic! And I was personally greeted by Donald Duck while walking by him in the buffet lines and wished a silent happy birthday by button pointing! That made up for whatever chaos was going on. It is Disneyland after all.